Daebak Force

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Chaserabinov, Jun 26, 2023.

1. vorthain

vorthain Veteran Novice

To clarify, I didn't say removing Shang Ji would make WBA or IA better. It would make them more distinct. Obviously WBA would be worse losing Shang Ji.

2. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I do not see removing Shang Ji from either sectorial would make them more distinct than what they are already.

3. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I understand about it making WB more distinct. But I’d rather they do something like they did with Svarl ORCs by some of the Mt. Terrain. Obviously, it would need to be something different from that since Shang Ji already have Terrain (Total) and unlike ORCs, White Banner only. But you get what I’m trying to say.

4. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Like Orcs in Pan O Shang-Ji are the standard HI troop in Yu Jing. They could be in every sectorial, but YJ has three line troop HIs and each of the three sectorials have it own. Shangs are the exception and are shared between IA and WB. I am fine with that. I only wish they would change their troop type to elite or veteran (and took Jujaks as line troops in WB).

Space Ranger likes this.
  5. iKon

iKon Not Very Well-Known Member

This is 100% exactly the fireteam I made in my first list.

Space Ranger likes this.
  6. Space Ranger

Agreed on Shang Ji being Veteran. I would think Zuyong and Jujaks are promoted to be Shang Ji.

7. Space Ranger

It seems like a good team on paper. You have big guns, hacker and medic, NCO, Tactical Aware, MSV, veteran and elites, a good CC troop, templates, and many wounds. The Dokkaebi and Hwarang could be downgraded to save a few points if needed. I've seen cores with far less.

8. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

The entire fluff logic is that Yu Jing are so advanced in power armour technology that suits of armour that would be reserved for elite formations for other factions are basic infantry for them.

9. Space Ranger

Yes and SJ armor is the top on the line. Usually that type of equipment is reserved for top troops. A troop career would go Zhanshi - Zuyong or Jujak - Shang ji or yan huo/Haetae or liu xing - Hac Tao or Daofei, etc.

A troop could take a different tract by going Zhanshi - Guilang or Tiger or Ye Mao. I can see a Tiger going to Liu Xing.

ISS of course is different. Starting with Celestial Guard up to Hsien.

10. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Yan Huo is on Zuyong level and is, under the extra armour plates, Zuyong armour. They train together, with the exception of slightly more heavy weapons training for the Yan Huo.

11. Space Ranger

Yes probably since the are line troops.

12. iKon

Going to give it a test drive on Friday (full list below for Resliance ops)
    Although instead of a mixed like core above I think 2 Fireteams of 3 might be a better way to go.
    one longer ranged that stays back with the Hatae in it and one that goes close with a Dokkabaei to mark targets.
    I wish the FTO Pangguling could wild card into a Haris with a Dokkabaei for reloading the pitcher with baggage and also pushing a repeater in the enemy face.

Korean Force
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]3
    SULYONG (Paramedic) Submachine Gun ( | MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 23)
    DOKKAEBI (Hacker, Killer Hacking Device [UPGRADE: Spotlight]) Combi Rifle, Pitcher ( ) / MULTI Pistol(+1B), PARA CC Weapon(-6). (0 | 25)
    HAETAE (BS Attack [Guided]) Heavy Rocket Launcher(+1B) / Assault Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-6). (1.5 | 37)
    HWARANG Combi Rifle(+2 Dam) / Pistol, EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 28)
    JUJAK Breaker Combi Rifle, Heavy Flamethrower ( | TinBot: Firewall [-6]) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 30)
    SULSA WARRIOR (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun, Shock Mines, Flash Pulse / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 31)
    LIANG KAI Chain Rifle, Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse / Pistol, EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 21)
    SHAOLIN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 5)
    SHAOLIN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 5)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]1
    LÓNG YÁ (Minelayer) Panzerfaust(+1B), Flammenspeer(+1B), Submachine Gun, AP Mines / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0.5 | 17)
    LÓNG YÁ (Minelayer) Panzerfaust(+1B), Flammenspeer(+1B), Submachine Gun, AP Mines / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0.5 | 17)
    GŬILÁNG (Lieutenant) Combi Rifle, Shock Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1 | 25)
    GŬILÁNG (Minelayer) Boarding Shotgun, Shock Mines ( | Deployable Repeater) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 27)
    BEASTHUNTER FTO (Minelayer) Heavy Flamethrower, Panzerfaust, AP Mines / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 9)

4 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

burlesford likes this.
  13. Space Ranger

just to point out. Sulsa can't be in a fireteam if it's not REF. He can only be on his own.

14. iKon

Yup he's solo just hiding in camo waiting to surprise attack forward observe somebody so the Haetae can drop rockets on their heads.
    Core is Sulyong, Dokkabaei, Haetae, Hwarang, Jujak.
    Haris Is Liang Kai and 2 monks.

15. Space Ranger

Ah sorry, when you said 2 3-man teams I was thinking you were trying the JJ, Hwa, and Sulsa. My bad!

16. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

I'm eager to know how the test run went! I've tried the Dokka, Hwarang and Jujak team a couple of times already and it performed really good. Dokkaebi Mk12 in particular does so much, really love the profile.

Law Dawg and burlesford like this.
  17. iKon

I've Used Dokkabaei in a Haris with the Haetae and also as a solo piece.
    I think using the Killer hacker Solo is the better idea because you can cybermask and move to where the hacking needs to be done or to where you want to fire pitchers from.

In the Haris is a bit of a pain, first because you have to unload your pitchers 2 at a time and second because they dont actually benifit from being in the same place.

Last game though I was playing Resilience Ops and opponent chose Hostile HVTs which was a pain because of the extra discovers and stuns.

18. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

No you don't. You can fire at a lower burst than the maximum if you want.

EDIT: I lied. Apparently it was changed from "may" to "must" in an errata last year.

EDIT: Actually turns out I didn't lie. Optional Burst MODs are optional.

Absolutely not. It has a pitcher, and it's in a sectorial with minelaying infiltrating dep reps. Dokkaebi 100% stays stapled to a fireteam with a tinbot. Ye Mao and the Dokkaebi are both BTS6, they're oppressive to deal with when backed up by a Jujak tinbot and they can all share a fireteam if they want.

Not to mention being in a fireteam means it's probably hanging out with an engineer as well which pulls double duties on the Dokkaebi.

#438 Triumph, Feb 19, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2024
    Time Bandit likes this.
  19. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

No, you didn't. Screenshot_20240219_082258_Firefox.jpg

Drakefall, burlesford and Triumph like this.
  20. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation