1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[April], come she will...

Discussion in 'News' started by Solar, Feb 14, 2018.

1. kepkeilen

kepkeilen Well-Known Member

In that case would you offer us a full refund if by some chance the book also doesn't explain the situation any better?

People are being told to stop buying if they don't like the fluff. In this case we can't buy the product to continue talking since recent development indicates we won't like what's in it. This is quite the dilemma.

emperor26 and Aldo like this.
  2. loki

loki Active Member

I beleive wargaming SOP is to buy the product and if unhappy, elaborately burn it in a YouTube video to show your dissatisfaction.

3. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

I don't have a good camera and pewter fumes are unhealthy.

Aldo likes this.
  4. yojamesbo

yojamesbo purchaser of car seats

Related to the present contretemps:

For the record
    , I don't find the habit of some folks (who will remain unnamed)--who have inside knowledge due to their Warcor/playtester/whatever status--saying "oh, I know this is totally cool because I have secret knowledge" to be very productive. Certainly not on this forum, at least.

It's different when you're dealing with your Warcor in person--because he/she knows you and you can have an actual conversation. Online, this sort of comment often comes off as condescending. Better to observe the virtues of silence, methinks.

I've got no axe to grind here, just an observation (and one that's been made before by others, I might add).

Anyway, going forward I hope that (1) both YJ and JSA players eventually walk away happy; (2) Varuna gives PanO players something more interesting to play with than +1 BS, duuuude; and (3) we see a Sakiel box before GenCon. Or a Sukeul HMG. Or a Clipsos minelayer? C'mon, CB, I keep going to bat for you, don't leave the artichokes hanging.

Mask, Cothel, Melchior and 7 others like this.
  5. kepkeilen

You know what? If Bostria directly says they are indeed going wargaming mode (read GW mode) and going to focus on the cash cows that are JSA just like GW does on Space Marines then I might follow the SOP even if out of respect for the honesty.

Do note he has been quite honest recently. He said YJ will have a dark year ahead on BoW vids and talking about how much impact sales have in the Rumble vid. He is trying to be as clear as possible while being within company policy and I really respect that.

Aldo likes this.
  6. loki

loki Active Member

FYI Corvus Belli are already in wargaming mode.

Because they make a wargame.

Called Infinity.

7. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

It seems unlikely that 192 pages will fail to explain the situation...

8. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

My point is more that I thought the people involved were talking like CB's decisions were good ones even when they're obviously a mistake. Now I realize that's not the case; it's more "fuck you, I don't want you to have nice things."

Pierzasty, Dragonstriker and Aldo like this.
  9. Hecaton

Just because someone is in a position of authority doesn't mean they're always right. Unless you're the kind of person who thinks that...

Benkei, Pierzasty, Stiopa and 2 others like this.
  10. Hecaton

Whatever is happening in Uprising, it's clear that Yu Jing lost against the JSA. That's the fluff that Interruptor was presenting. Engaging in behavior likely to bring about a loss condition is incompetence in this context.

Dragonstriker and Aldo like this.
  11. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

They'd still want to know why anaesthetics, fixes and bandages for YJ faction were not prepared before cutting their guts in half.

Aldo and the huanglong like this.
  12. kepkeilen

I really didn't feel like replying to this but...
    This is what I said,
    Reading is important. Or are we saying all wargame companies are like GW or something by default. In which case I understand.

13. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Understandable, but we cannot have an in depth discussion before the book hits at least limited release at Adepticon and we are all in the same page.

The best thing I can say at the moment is that the lore is solid and there is no absurd explanation in any of it for what it happened, there are no black or white nations and nobody is placed as the good or bad guys, a sliver of it is the yesterdays article were you clearly see the Majority of Japanese are not killed on the spot as some posters here scream about, they are stripped of any privilege sure and are under constant surveillance as would be expected really of any ethnic group that tried something like that but Yu Jing did not start some "evil ethnic cleansing".

Ephrilune likes this.
  14. loki

loki Active Member

Being a wargaming company doesn’t make you GW.

It makes you a wargaming company.

FatherKnowsBest and Stiopa like this.
  15. psychoticstorm

Is it really needed?

Nobunaga3.0 likes this.
  16. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

I consider myself a YJ player even though I started with a JSA sectorial and still own majority of the Japanese range. I guess I don't really mind the secession but personally I think CB missed the opportunity here. I could be all happy and hyped about new toys and possibilities for my JSA sectorial . I could eagerly await previous and hints about the future release IA or some additions for my ISS but somehow I'm not. I must admit after the JSA split I just feel awkward and like few others forum members I don't feel the urge to play the game for a wile.

To be honest I'm not really sure what I was expecting but in the end my hype is around zero level. YJ players were left in the dark. Yes we know about awesome IA at some point or even some possible units/profiles for ISS but I'd expect more. The secession is a major event. I know we always get rules for free and we have to pay for fluff books and that always has been CB way. But maybe it would be nice to get a short story about what actually happened. Because for now all we get is "Guys there is this huge, HUGE event, you will loose part of your army and guess what? You can buy a book describing everything for only 39.95". Somehow I have this awkward DLC felling here.

I still like the game and the new models. I'll even get the JSA starter and Uprising book. I'll be buying new miniatures, assembling and painting them. I'll be working on my set of terrains but the overall effect of CB carrying out the whole secession thing is I lost my hype and love for this game.

Benkei, Hecaton, Pierzasty and 3 others like this.
  17. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

What's the point of handling the release in the most potentially controversial way?

Aldo, Hecaton and Pierzasty like this.
  18. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

This feels familiar, especially in terms of desire to play, but I am just focusing on painting for the time being, so my love for the game is still safe.

I always struggle to watch people make mistakes, and there is so much blunder here. Why not tweak the AVA of the remaining vanilla units, so at least we have some new list building options to explore and keep our minds off the second and third dildos sliding in. It'd be a 5 second job, and Yu Jing players would be excitedly talking about their triple Guilang lists, or their double Hac Tao lists instead of wondering how they are going to manage without Raidens and Shibobo. If in an era of symbiomates and SMGs, Double Hac Tao would upset the game balance too much (lol), why not include the least consequential of the 5 new invincible army profiles in the uprising book and advance it's release. You'd have Yu Jing players clamouring to buy the book. Instead we are here discussing if we should not buy it on principle. I'm not saying Yu Jing players deserve these things, but why the fuck would you not just do it? How out of touch do you have to be to see it as not worthwhile when you are pulling units hand over fist from just one army?

19. psychoticstorm

I mean from a practical point of view, Yu Jing vanilla is not that changed or been crippled by the majority of the units leaving.

20. psychoticstorm

Lets say the AVA is tweaked, buyers takes the extra AVA model and then sixth months down the line it is rolled back how many frustrated customers shouting about their now useless purchases not wanting to go to a sectorial that will have higher AVA on these units (if any) we have?

Robock, emperorsaistone and Smiler like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation