PanOceanian Interaction

Discussion in 'OOC [Out of character]' started by AntipodeanBolt, Oct 23, 2023.

1. AntipodeanBolt

AntipodeanBolt PanOceanian Hypercorporate Delegation Secretary

It’s come to my attention that a few peeps have enjoyed interacting with a dry PanO Corporate executive as opposed to the more extensive Deus Vult and honestly never been a Deus Vult person much myself. Always been an NCA man.

As a result there are two “Characters” I can use going forward.

Secretary Castias Augustus - Corporate Executive

Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade Complaints Resolution Officer 47 - who is totally not a Hexahedron agent…

Attached Files:

#1 AntipodeanBolt, Oct 23, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2023
  2. Dujiaoshu

Dujiaoshu unsporting Druze

I've ever only known tour with the blonde's face on discord, so as far as I'm concerned, that's you. That's how you look like.

He looks like someone who says "let me take my calculator out" and takes his pistol out

Both of those sentences are supposed to be positive remarks on my parte about your characterwork ;)

Lady Numiria likes this.
  3. AntipodeanBolt

Well the secretary would be the illustrated profile. The Complaints Officer would be Agent 47

Dujiaoshu likes this.
  4. StephanDahl

StephanDahl Well-Known Member

I would commit to RP as Hrungnir group next time there is a narrative event, if you'll change them to "Nordic Ethnic" on the group bragsheet :)

Dujiaoshu likes this.
  5. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

Corporate PanO is peak PanO in my book. Will look forward to locking horns (or offer wares if you have coin) in the future.

Lady Numiria and Dujiaoshu like this.
  6. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Personally I would love to see more PanOceania Corporate spirit in the Military Orders RP, they are after all private military companies, but more importantly, PanOceanians, lets not forget the Hospital essentially made a hostile take over to the temple, and used everything including legal warfare to liquidate and absorb the temples assets and personnel.

Danger Rose and Dujiaoshu like this.
  7. AntipodeanBolt

The Neo-Vatican is certainly a Hypercorp. Which makes the knights technically corporate security assets. The other four are standing professional armies sustained by the PMC and the Hexahedron

8. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

upload_2023-10-28_21-12-28.jpeg
    PanO personified.

9. SpectralOwl

I personally try to rep the actual professional military side of PanO with my Neoterra (lots of Bolts, Auxilia and Fusiliers backed up with REMs, TAGs and my Swiss Guard, with positioning enabled by carefully-placed Hexahedron units), but sadly my usual group refuses to play Infinity these days. I was also discouraged from trying to meet up with new players for campaign games due to the uphill battle PanO was facing in this campaign, again being assigned two zones at a time that I'm (for unrelated reasons) just out of patience for fighting losing battles. I might sign up for O12 in future if this trend continues.

I do definitely prefer PanO when displayed as its full, varied culture though, rather than mono-dimensional Crusade narratives. It's at its best when men of faith are fighting side-by-side with corporate thugs, robotic police, cold and efficient spies, patriotic Fusiliers, questionable Helots and even Aristeia! characters, depicting all the disparate parts of the gigantic Hyperpower making the most of their differences and working as one to do what really matters: illegal whaling, apparently.

Danger Rose and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  10. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

That’s why, personally, putting together an actual unit all my troops belong to and writing how it came to be was so much fun and so helpful.

Danger Rose likes this.
  11. AntipodeanBolt

Yes the two locations to defend is rough. Especially considering the lower player count from previous years. Between Asteroid Blues and Shattergrounds there was a 110 player drop for PanO.

12. StephanDahl

StephanDahl Well-Known Member

Sounds like PanO is this years Hipster faction :)

13. SpectralOwl

I think it was actually the most populous faction of them all. PanO seems to have a very large number of players who just quietly get games in, or at the least just stay off the forum. It would be nice to see some people having fun around here again for a change.

If you really want to be hip, join the Tohaa. Those guys are scary good, all they need is a few more players and they'll probably have a shot at taking out O12 or another low-population faction with sheer quality. Plus, I've only ever seen about three pieces of fiction written from the Tohaa perspective, because the insufficiently-hip don't see the triangle-obsessed farting vegetables as protagonist material.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  14. anubis

anubis sarcastic exaggerator

Playing tohaa is one thing, getting hands on the minis another. Without spending all your saving, a kidney and at least 1 firstborn (can be your own, mustn´t be ;-) follow me for more saving tips) it will be hard to get a whole army together. And what prices are called out for second hand tohaa is....adventurous.

PanO always looks to me like the faction flying under the radar. I did not play on one tournament, no matter how small, and did not meet at least one PanO player. And it´s not astonishing. PanO (sectorials) are fun to play and have beautiful modells.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  15. AntipodeanBolt

Typically they do just quietly crack on with what the intent is for the Campaign, by and large most PanO players don't engage on the forum at all, I'm usually communicating with them on the Discords.

Durgama and Shattergrounds initially we didn't see the point in participating in the RP side of things til I was asked to. Even now It's a little bit rough cause PanO narratively has access to so many resources that far outweighs the scope of the Campaigns its hard to justify the disconnect. When you can just with a command have all the Clandestine Action Sleeper agents just neutralise the opposition leadership, ramp up the capability scope of the forces available significantly and just flood the area with so much stuff, Generate trade sanctions, enforce embargoes on other nations etc. Some Campaigns don't feel like the Hyperpower at work. It's basically an insignificant issue to them this campaign would be so far below what I'd consider their Military High Command to involve themselves in, it'd mainly be hyper-corporations looking to engage in this. So why engage with the other factions?

Our primary intent for holding Montalban was because the research station provided that capability to monitor every single military force out there. What incentive was holding Okolnir? Economic Reasons? I can just pull corporations like Whole Protein into the game and not even need the fishing revenue. What was stopping us from establishing our own monitoring station so far off the books that even O-12 didn't realise was on the planet? Why would we care about a nightclub? Let them have it we can just establish our own nightclub and just economically compete on a level that Nomads wouldn't be able to and then just engage in stalling out their supplies through stopping and searching their space imports to hold out their stock.

#15 AntipodeanBolt, Nov 2, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2023
  16. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

That is actually a good point, worth considering.

17. AntipodeanBolt

If the intent was to acquire as much QAZ Data as you possibly could. This would justify. But also I would say that it would be a success for PanO after all we acquired the most points with a fairly solid spectrum of locations. Rather than say 1 location we were able to acquire a respectable amount of data at 3 zones.

Danger Rose and Dujiaoshu like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation