September>December 2023 - Winter is coming with some reinforcements

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Jul 21, 2023.

1. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Please do not call "politics" what is merely an example on Taxation.

Three Pulzar templates to fe teef...

I was thinking about a nice non-official scenario in which Bakunin-only troops (and no observance ones) has to get in and clean CA non-morat, non-TAG troops (Shasvastii, Onyx, Vanilla...), with a discount of 5pts onto troops with Camo/IMP (CA) and MSV/Biometric (Bakunin), with 3 buildings on the center of the table you need to roll each turn before Order Recount, 1-10 nothing, 11-16 a Morlock spawns (6pts E/M weapon), 17-19 Zellenkrieger Spawns (light shotgun), 20 Extreme Zellenkrieger (light shotgun) spawns, in touch with any of the building's side and executing their Impetuous orders (move+move/move+attack/dodge to the DZ closest to them) and their Irregular ones (move+attack or smoke at their feet), and if they enter in ZoC of a Taskmaster OR Jayth, the Taskmaster/Jayth can add them to their special haris with an Attack short order/ARO... But beware, you can't exceed the number of Haris available (vanillas now have 1 thanks to reinforcements) and all spawned morlocks not linked to a Jayth/Taskmaster are hostile to both players! (once linked, they give no order, however, acting like "sepsitorized" troops)

And the target are the four consoles in the central line, with the buildings between them, giving each 1 point to the player that activates them each turn, but no more than 3 points per turn and no more than 9pts in the whole game, with 1 secondary objective.

The consoles have the deets on how the Observancy is brainwashing poor citizens and turning them into Morlocks. Only, they are not only the Observancy, as it can be seen by their alien appearances...

Add more buildings spawning morlocks for a battle in the middle of a "zombie Apocalypse" feel, and enjoy your Halloween mission!

My god, speedpaint on official Infinity previews...

It's from the Raptors box (O12)

My problem with them is that you could use them in any fantasy game without effort...

The ISS one is in the Reinforcement Pack beta with one tiger and one Yanhuo (ML), there is the HMG blister, and the three in the Invincible starter (ML, BSG, Combi)...
    Maybe a non-C1 repack of the HMG + Krit + Tai Sheng + tinbot?

#341 xagroth, Oct 5, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2023
  2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I agree. I was looking at the store and thought the same thing. Those three are currently all single blisters and they are all Zuyong.

3. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Here's the latest count of new figures for the year up to November. I counted the Manga figures to both Nomads and NA2.

We now know in December Nomad and CA reinforcements are coming. So, Nomads are going to have the record for most new figures for the year. However, it looks like this year is also the most releases overall they have put out yet.

2023 Figure Release up to November.
    Nomads: 11 Releases, 37 figures (2 Wildcat, 1 Evader, 2 Tomcats, 3 Beta Pack, 9 Bakunin, 1 Dire Foes, 4 Coregidor FT Pack, Meteor Zond, Stigmata, 3 Expansion Alpha, Illuminatrix, 4 Uberfallkommando, 5 Aftermath pack)
    Combined Army: 6 Releases, 20 Figures (Hungries, Daturazi, 3 Rodoks, 4 Expansion Beta, Caskuda, CA Support Pack Alpha)
    PanO: 4 Releases, 11 Figure (Dire Foes, 3 Armbots, Capital Force, 1 Squallo Mk2)
    Yu Jing: 5 Releases, 10 Figures (Lei Gong, Hulang, Bixie General Release, Daebak force, Haetae)
    Ariadna: 4 Releases, 9 Figures (Wardriver, Pack Alpha, Patchers, Kosmo Support pack)
    Aleph: 5 Release, 9 Figure (Agamemnon, Booster Beta, Phoenix, Maximus, 3 Expansion Pack Alpha)
    NA2: 5 Release, 9 Figures (Wardriver, Yuan Yuan, O-Yoroi, Sforza, 5 Aftermath pack)
    Haqqislam: 3 Releases, 6 Figures (Shakush, Yara Hadod, Pack Alpha)
    O-12: 2 Releases, 3 Figures (Roadbots, Secudroid, Sarko)

4. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

At the moment we only have an announcement from OOP, so it's possible that a large number of Zuyong references will leave between october/december, resulting in a (probably partial) repack. I instinctively feel a strong probability that the Invincible Army will be OOP to bring back the Imperial Service, which would mean we'd have to say goodbye to the Invincible starter, which includes most of the zuyong.

5. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

"Also please no contemporary politics in the forums."
    I well understand why we can't talk about politics, I had a complete PM on it, but in a cyberpunk game that makes denunciations or adaptations of reality to denounce them in its universe, it's a problem when you want to characterize the elements that build infinity's story and talk only around the story. C'est dommage ça enlève le sel de la partie fluff du hobby.

xagroth and UpirLihi like this.
  6. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I do not want to see the discussion about what happened and keeps happening in Niger blow up in the forums, there are a lot of places in the web for this to be discussed, this forum is not one of them.

Brokenwolf likes this.
  7. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Can't imagine anything else but a repack.

To me it's more like she's in her Alkê personality pose. I like it.

anubis likes this.
  8. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I’m getting the feeling that the Reinforcements Alpha packs are new models and Reinforcements Beta packs are repacks…

xagroth and Lady Numiria like this.
  9. anubis

anubis sarcastic exaggerator

True... This paintjob is far away from anything i loved about the official photos. Yes, astronomical standards of painting level for the majority of the costumers, but thats the same with a cookbook.
    But this is something i am close to achive myself, and i don´t call myself a very skilled painter :-/ It looks....sloppy. And it doesn´t do justice to the miniatures itself. Very mixed feelings about this.

Damn... i cannot unsee this now ^^ Paint them in brown and green and you are close the typical fantasy party going on an adventure, complete with rouge, barbarian, ranger and pet buddy.

I have to admit, i also like the design of Alkê. I don´t mind having two of the ladies, although i always struggle to fit in even one of them in my lists

xagroth likes this.
  10. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Yeah, that lady is nice.
    But it's the "vanilla" Zellenkrieger, right?
    There's no soldier for Haqq in that box?

About the painting - it really looks bad when zoomed. And Giraldez also had better and worse creations, as anybody else, but the overall level was definitely higher.

PozdRawiam / Greetings

xagroth likes this.
  11. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that Morlocks are older models, so they were painted long ago, plus it was another painter. Not all figures are painted by same person.

12. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

FYI, I've edited my post 1 about the December releases, with the known images (exrah, nomads and dire foes).

toadchild and burlesford like this.
  13. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Please state a definition of "contemporary" and its applicability to "fictional" works: is it ok to reference, for example, Amazon Prime TV's series "Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan" or is ti too close to real politics? Is it ok to reference the US Saigon Embassy being evacuated in 1975, or is it too "contemporary"?
    (do note that, in history, "contemporary age" starts in 1950 for english consideration, and at the end of the 18th, or near the 19th centuries in Spain...)

Also, please note that I was neither discussing what led to the evacuation of that partiuclar embassy, nor how it was done after official rebuke from the host country, but simply that you can claim all the Embassy sanctity or how it is considered a piece of your country in the host country, in the end things boild down to how much capacity do you have to keep said embassy open despite the negative interest of the host country.
    I suppose I could use the now lost "sanctuary" claims in Spanish churchs that more or less worked until the eighties, but I don't want to receive claims of being talking about religion when I'm talking about political bodies clashing (because historically the Christian Church and its splinter versions have had political power).

I think the claims of CB were that no faction would have more than 3 sectorials in production at one time. Removing Invincible to relaunch ISS would mean downgrade YJ from 3 to 2 sectorials... and I doubt CB will can Varuna, USAriadna (or TAK...), Tunguska (being the youngest sectorial but at the same time the one never renewed), and Onyx (without giving anything to CA). Haqquislam got QK canned, true, but I think that was a problem with lack of proper designs and the will to keep it in production.

#353 xagroth, Oct 7, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2023
    Stiopa and burlesford like this.
  14. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Yeah I think the same here. YJ will keep their three Sectorials running. OOP stuff from existing Sectorials often only leads to repacks. In the case of the Zuyong bundle that could, perhaps, give space for a second Liu Xing. One can hope :v:

burlesford likes this.
  15. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

That'd be really strange. CB usually doesn't kill off a moderately new and fairly popular sectorial to make room for an older sectorial that is still in print; not in a faction that's got fewer than average number of sectorials and not when SKU isn't as much of an issue as in other factions. That would be like putting CJC in OOP so they can make a rework of TJC.
    Offing MO to make room for NCA would make more sense, but still insensible enough to not happen due to MO popularity (Varuna is more likely).

16. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

That Aftermath Pack full of 8-12 pts. brawlers gives me a serious GW vibe...

#356 Lucian, Oct 15, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2023
  17. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Infinity minis are generally priced based on size and complexity, not points cost. That box has 5 models, one of which is a bit larger. It’s not wildly unreasonable. See also various WB or basic LI type boxes.

18. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

It’s the same price as the PanO Reinforcements box at my preferred retailer, 6 ‘normal’ sized minis vs 4 normal + 1 giant seems about right.

burlesford likes this.
  19. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Now that we know everything that's coming out until December, I am wondering: Where are the missing sculpts for the last waves? I'm speaking specifically of:

Morat
    Sogarat resculpt
    Krakot renegade regular release
    Kendrat regular release

Kosmoflot/Corregidor
    Highlander Cateran resculpt
    Lupe Balboa resculpt
    Raveneye Officer regular release

There were other minis that aren't a must but that I was pretty sure would happen, like a second SAS sculpt, or Gecko/Iguana resculpts. But those above are actually missing from the catalogue completely right now.

20. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Toss in the general release Pandora for Hassassin Bahram and Aleph, she's been a limited release for Op: Blackwind last year.

Lady Numiria, burlesford and csjarrat like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation