September>December 2023 - Winter is coming with some reinforcements

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Jul 21, 2023.

1. Sungwon

Sungwon Well-Known Member

Operation Crimson Stone in 2021 is Nomads vs Ariadna, PanO got MO action pack on that year I remember.

I think Nomad means vanilla nomad only or includes all sectorial really depends on context. If you say Nomads mean vanilla Nomads only, then how can you play its sectorials in the upcoming campaign? Also, why there are discounts and bundles of ISS and IA in the YuJing week? Both sides have their point and both should agree that the other side is not wrong. I want to move on more productive questions, like “Are Zellenkriegers good addition to Tunguska’s faction characteristics and identity?” or “Is this kind of years of some factions (including its all sectorial, Nomad and its sectorials these days and PanO case near N4 launch) while other factions being less cared good?”, not “Is ‘Nomad’ include its sectorials or not”.

2. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

For me Zellenkriegers addition to Tunguska is great, fits their identity both as fluff and as a list component, definitely gives them a really useful tool in an area they really needed it at a cost that fits Tunguska, been better and more expensive than similar Nomad units, for Bakunin its an nice, if not necessary, addition as far as fluff goes but will in my opinion been always overshadowed by the cheaper and equally capable (if not more) units that already exist.

For Druze they are fine, they add smoke at an expensive package but allow Saito and Yuan Yuan to do their thing and not be the smoke carriers of the sectorial.

3. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I think they could go into White Banner and IA. The Hwarang and Hatae make perfect sense to me in IA. But I feel they could all go into WB. I can also imagine the Dokkaebi in the IS.

4. Forthfaran

Forthfaran Well-Known Member

Thank you for the remark.
    I have only considered purely exclusive units of vanilla armies. Hunzakuts and regular KUMs do not show up in that list, because they are also selectable in NA2 armies.

HUNZAKUTS are selectable in these armies: Dahshat Company, Druze Bayram Security, Haqqislam vanilla
    KUM Motorized Troops are selectable in these armies: Dahshat Company, Haqqislam vanilla

I see the point to ask about exclusivity just within a faction (vanilla to their faction sectorials, not to all armies). I have missed that point.
    I will update my previous post to clarify this.

5. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

xagroth likes this.
  6. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

You can keep repeating obvious lies, doesn't make them truths.

I love how you have gone from "really guys, Nomads are not favored" to "all these Nomad things are actually not Nomad, guys, I swear" when it became overwhelmingly evident Nomads are in fact the favored faction; Observance should have been a NA Sectorial and not turning Bakunin into a 2x1 Nomad Sectorial, but it seems CB only has balls for big sweeping background changes if it fucks YJ or Tohaa over, but never Gutier's pet faction.

#246 Benkei, Sep 28, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2023
  7. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

It doesn't exist anywhere since the year it came out.

8. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

You spitefully and petulantly calling it a “lie” doesn’t make it so. And it’s not just Psychotic Storm who differentiates between a faction wide and a Sectorial release.

Cthulhu363 likes this.
  9. psychoticstorm

As I have explained before this type of behavior is not appreciated in the forum, I would kindly ask you to tone it down and stop been aggressive.

We all have opinions, and as I try to understand and respect yours I am expecting you to do the same, I am not calling you a liar, or any other pejoratives, and I am expecting you to extend the same curtesy not only towards me but towards any and all other forum users that you disagree with.

Regardless I will refer you to "studio update number 23" and "Bakunin observance themed week battlepack and beyond" for the new sectorial focused release schedule.

That would be all.

Cthulhu363 and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  10. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Look, man, I don't really care about you going all red only when you personally don't like what people say. Go take a look at the store, go take a look at campaigns, then tell me which heading all the NOMADS Sectorials fall into, you'll be surprised. Spoiler, it's not PanO and it's not CA.
    Also, tell me why the YU JING week has a Imperial Army box deal if, following your statements, Imperial Army is not Yu Jing.

There are enough fake news and made up shit in the news and all around in social media, doesn't mean we have to do it here too.

Edit: oh, you yourself could benefit from looking at "studio update 23" when the very first preview Bostria shows is Hassassin Muyibs, and then he congratulates HAQQISLAM players. As if a Hassassin release was a Haqqislam release, crazy, isn't it? The very fact I have to point out that Sectorials are part of their faction release schedules is beyond crazy

#250 Benkei, Sep 29, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2023
  11. Forthfaran

It is about the way you say it. The sound makes the music and your sound is an agressive screeching mixed with assumptions.
    Stop it. It makes you look bad.

Discuss in a polite matter. Present the facts. Try to understand that there are more views than your own. Be precise with your own wording.
    There is an obvious different use of names like "Nomads". Then be more precise: Speak of "Nomads vanilla" or the "Nomad faction".
    Make a point by explaining that consecutive big relreases for one faction's sectorials is not the same as for different faction's sectorials, because of the miniature's style or partial reuseability within the faction, or whatever you fancy.

12. archon

archon Well-Known Member

But: Bakunin are also Nomads so their releases are Nomad releases. Nomads are a faction that include three Sectorials. Apart from merc units there are no pure Vanilla Nomads anymore. But you can still play vanilla Nomads:nerd_face: so crimson stone together with a close follow up from Bakunin Observance rework are a lot of Nomad releases :relieved:

#252 archon, Sep 29, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2023
    Lady Numiria likes this.
  13. psychoticstorm

More or less it is a point of perspective, from the point of view of a player that wants Yu Jing it is not a Yu Jing release therefore one can lump it all together as "somebody who plays Nomads can use them", from the point of a Generic Nomads player perspective the Bakunin release is almost unusable there are many models released, most not available in Gereric Nomads, from the perspective of a player that plays Generic Nomads and all the sectorials its a bonanza of releases, from a player that plays only Tunguska there have been many releases that could have been Tunguska.

And looking the releases from the perspective of a Bakunin player they finally got something, a player that played only Bakunin finally got an update, not counting repacks or generic releases available to everybody Bakunin last saw a release at 2021 and before that at 2018, and from their perspective Yu Jing, for example, got two new sectorials when they got a single resculpt.

As I said I can see and understand the perspective of somebody who just sees "Nomad releases", but there are more perspectives into that and one should consider other players and other viewpoints and not consider their own as the only true one, personally I am happy Bakunin players got finally something that is not a resculpt and is new.

Cthulhu363 and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  14. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

They got the Cenobites on february... Wabara (TOO much improved with the NWI for the cost, CB needs to either reduce the cost of the reverend healers, or increase Wabara's...)... the Stigmaton...
    Seriously. Stop. I'm not going around ragefisting at the heavens because OSS has not received new releases for ages. Not even because O12 has had a single sectorial for ages and I'm still waiting for the Viking Fireteam of Varangian + Valkyrie...

On another theme, I finally got the cards: 48 cards, 20 of which are the Secondary Objectives (8 HVT missions, 1 requires a CD test, another 2 CC ones,a nd 2 others require no test, all the rest depend on WP). It seems like the best troop is MI/HI veteran troop or elite troop that is also a hacker capable of using Spotlight.
    Samsa is a good choice, aside from not being hacker/engineer/doctor, and even has D-Charges. For Aleph, the Posthuman mk1 and the Asuras cover several options too.

Lady Numiria likes this.
  15. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Even if a Nomads (Vanilla, CJC or TJC) player may have no use from most of the BJC releases (while sec only profiles are pretty new thing) its still a Nomad release. You can't talk that away.

How many pure Bakunin players may be out there. Most players I know play more than one sec or faction.

I started with CJC but after the still fantastic TJC Starter I collect also this but never realy played Vanilla Nomads. If someone will ask me: What you play? I will answer Nomads... later maybe specify which ones excactly.

I think in this thread was not a single Bakunin player that complained about too many Yu Jing releases.

And a Yu Jing player that only collect one sectorial is not a real Yu Jing player and can not be #1 :smirk:

the last sentence was a joke

Chaserabinov likes this.
  16. psychoticstorm

@xagroth as far as I understand it, the discussion is about Bakunin release starting while Corregidor release schedule is finishing, Zelllenkriegers been just an excuse given we still have scheduled Bakunin releases to come.

@archon I do not know how many bakunin only players are out there, I know there are a few because I have seen people complaining Corregidor getting another update and Bakunin not getting anything.

So how about players collecting only two Yu Jing sectorials? semi real Yu Jing players? :sweat_smile:

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  17. Forthfaran

Talking what away?
    Bakunin belongs to the Nomad faction. So a Bakunin release can be attributed as a Nomad faction release. That is a valid surface level point of view in my book. But you want to use this observation for something, right?
    Then you yourself say that not the whole Nomad faction benefits from the Bakunin exclusive miniatures. You are aware that, depending on the point of view, it is more complicated. So what is your point when you lump Bakunin exclusive miniatures together with all other Nomad faction releases?

To say "Nomad faction got a lot of releases (regardless of which armies/players of the Nomad factionc can use it)"?
    That was already done and supported by numbers from Space Ranger and the summation of UpirLihi

Look at poor Haqqislam...

But if other people point out that this is a surface level observation and there is more to it, that is valid, too.
    Take a quote like this for example:
    This problem is only solved if the OSS gets new releases.
    Lets say Steel Phalanx gets a new figure, which is not selectable in OSS. Hey that is an Aleph faction release, so ... ? So "Alpeh players" should be happy, right? OSS players should be happy, as they are "Aleph players"? Does this point of view really help the OSS player?

If the core problem is that a specific player does not get regularely new figures to play with, then the view on armies (vanilla and individual sectorials) instead of whole factions seems to be the most useful one: Your army dictates the miniatures and profiles you can play with. And in this view, each exclusive miniature released for Bakunin has as much to do with vanilla Nomads, Tunguska or Corregidor as it has to do with OSS or RTF or any other army.

If the core problem is that player with a specific set of collections (you example: A player who collects Tungunska and Corregidor) has an advantage (in the sense of: that player gets more new potential figures to play with) in the overall release schedule: Yes. Obviously. But so does a player who plays Morat, Starmada and Bakunin.
    It is easier/cheaper to branch out within a faction, as you can reuse some of the bought models. Is this the problem? That a set of players have it easier/cheaper to collect the new miniatures if sectorials of the same faction gets new releases in a short time?

That is why my question is: What is the core problem with the releases?
    Then the next question would be: Which view on the releases would be the best to describe the problem?

18. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Look at how little noise do Haqq players make about it, too...

19. archon

archon Well-Known Member

They will learn in the light of the emperor and grow like a child will grow to adulthood.

This is what I wrote. Its mainly a response to the last post of psychoticstorm and the debate if Nomads gets too much releases and if we had to differ between faction and sectorial releases in this context.

No but its still an Aleph release if you say Aleph got many releases this year.

They just got a mixed box and will get a fine selected RF box in the not so far future. And not to forget about the Hassassin / c1 release stream they share with Aleph even if only Vanilla and SP have real profit from that. So not so poor I guess.

#259 archon, Sep 29, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2023
  20. CmdrSandmann

CmdrSandmann Well-Known Member

Well, Aleph/Steel get resculpts and new units, Haqq/Hassasin get repacks (And downgrades in style, but that is my subjective opinion).

emperorsaistone and Benkei like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation