September>December 2023 - Winter is coming with some reinforcements

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Jul 21, 2023.

1. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

The Cheerkillers are in Tunguska and were introduced in N4. Tunguska also got Sforza, Fiddler and Wolfy Wolf. And all of these were good, meaningful additions. New models were also added with the new totally S2-sized Mary-Problems-on-a-stick, the new meteor and the new support pack.

The Holy Knight likes this.
  2. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Indeed I digged through the update notes and listed all the additions Tunguska had since June 2018 two posts ago.

A Mão Esquerda and Space Ranger like this.
  3. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Dude give it up. He explained himself well enough. You are continuing something that doesn't need to be continued. You complain about derailment from the topic but do exactly that yourself.

4. Bignoob

Bignoob Well-Known Member

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Nomads keep getting buffed
    While others stay behind

Nothing new under the sun

5. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

giphy.gif

And you failed at rhyming.

6. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

I played someone, asked him what he plays (as it is customary, or possibly a rule, to do in ITS as well as non-ITS), he responds YuJing. I deploy. Then he deploys a haris fireteam. Like wtf! if you play White Banner don't say YuJing ! Context dependent, but when you are about to play, Aleph = Aleph and nothing else. When you are talking about fluff then I agree Nomad includes all three sectorial ships individually and as a whole nation.

xagroth, burlesford and csjarrat like this.
  7. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I actually like the idea of saying Nomads or Yu Jing instead of Vanilla X. I never really liked the term.

Cthulhu363 likes this.
  8. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

To be fair, we have been "enjoying" the Diggers and Triphammers for at least two full ITS seasons without model, and while the Diggers get one Concept now that it seems TagRaid *may* be delivered soon, the RemRacers are still waiting for one... I suppose we will see them in the RemRacers game box (despite supposedly not) or as a side box kinda like the RPG characters was...

Well, the rules specify you need to name your vanilla/sectorial before either chooses which list for the Lt roll, if I remember right (or at the very least, it was done like that, so...)

Well, I personally bet all boxes will include miniatures of troops that are/will be present in a regular way on a sectorial (I feel like ISS will leave space for the Korean sectorial, frankly, PanO's brings 2 bolts & agnes, I bet the Aleph one will come with at least 1 dasyu and 1 sophotect -making the rest 1 of each of the other bots...)

I disagree since almost all units in any sectorial are present in their vanilla... ("most" because of MO's trinitarians or the DA trooper, for example, or because of "loaned" troops like the Deva/Dakinis in ISS or vanilla O12, Hector in ASS/Aleph/O12/Starmada, etc...)
    Mind you, I disagree with the "cross pollination", you could have simply said "I say Nomads instead of vanilla Nomads to save on words"

I won't go into the "no news for Tunguska since N3", it has been already told several times. Frankly, I think Nomads is a BIG problem for CB at this moment, simply because they can't take any of the three sectorials, all being N4-framed (yes, Tunguska came before N4, but like O12 it was mostly geared for N4, specially since it was designed as the "elite" Nomad option, in some way), all are "full" (as can be noticed by veteran players looking at their new toys... they could be called "X v2" or something similar...), and if Nomads were to get 4 active sectorials there would be riots in the other factions that saw theirs frozen because 3 sectorials (or less) is the top CB wants on the store per faction, and Black Hand has been asked for since forever.

That or the freezer...

9. psychoticstorm

Eventually all sectorials that are out of rotation will come back.

10. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Even the French? :)

Jumara likes this.
  11. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

French are already coming back with the reinforcements.

Errhile likes this.
  12. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

They are not tho, you can't play Mero if you didn't buy the minis before they went oop. And if we use the proxies excuse, then no Sectorial is oop.

#172 Benkei, Sep 21, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2023
    xagroth likes this.
  13. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

And if we don't use proxies, not a single army is not partly OOP...

14. Papa Bey

That's not a sectorial.

15. psychoticstorm

Reinforcements are partially bringing back some elements of OOP sectorials, so one can indeed say they are coming back, at least to some extend.

Lady Numiria and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  16. Papa Bey

Yeah. No. I'm not doing this.

17. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

"It can be said" =/= "It is", and shouldn't be used as such. FRRM is still in the freezer, even if parts of it are used for Ariadna RF. And while I do believe they'll clean up nicely, just like SEF did after their hiatus, I do wish that CB would split their attention more evenly between factions and sectorials, instead of choosing which part of the playerbase will get frustrated for a few years this time around.

18. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

FRMM is pretty much rock solid ice. One new unit doesn't do jack shit to a sectorial which is considered the worst in the game.
    French are dead and OOP saying otherwise is laughable, until CB does a proper uplift to them.

Jumara and CmdrSandmann like this.
  19. Bignoob

Bignoob Well-Known Member

I don’t either… Let’s take NCA example and the supposedly semi-revival of OOP Sectorials via reinforcements.

You’d like to play NCA?

Option 1.

Buy a reinforcement pack with some Bolts + miniatures totally useless should you not want to play with reinforcements.

Then potentially buy a second pack with additional bolts weapon loadouts, either made of only Bolts, either made of Bolts + additional reinforcements models.

Cash out… Like what? Between 120 and 180 bucks?

Option 2

Ok, hear me out, I know it looks insane, but… Isn’t it actually simpler and cheaper to make a pack with 5 bolts from the old models and a separate pack for reinforcements only?

This would allow:

- CB to save on the (totally useless and frankly inferior) redesign of the Bolts. Saving because making new models require to pay designers, 3D artist, and to build new moulds
    - Consumers to only buy a single pack should they want the bolts, either for reinf or for NCA only.

Option 3

Make like Option 1. except that all reinf units also get profiles in non reinforcements lists. But that’s a separate topic…

I don’t understand the business rationale behind this move… Oh yeah… Except forcing you to buy more packs by putting « coherent » units in several SKUs

#179 Bignoob, Sep 21, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2023
    xagroth, CmdrSandmann and burlesford like this.
  20. Graves

Graves Member

It'll probably be a long, long way off, but, to be fair, Bostria did say in the Ariadna Reinforcements video, on the OnTabletop channel, that the Equipe Argent reinforcements might open the way towards a refresh of the Merovingian sectorial as a whole in the future. I'm not disagreeing with anyone saying that reinforcements aren't the same as the, thematically affiliated, full, OOP sectorial, but it's notable because I think that was the only time in these videos that he mentioned an associated sectorial explicitly. I'd be delighted if it happens, I just missed out on MRRF when I got into the game and they always intrigued me.

Golem2God and burlesford like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation