May > August 2023 releases - New heat wave

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Mar 15, 2023.

1. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

In my country no store wants to work with CB anymore because according to them working with CB is horrible experience unless you are a really big buyer. So I guess their support for local stores is not that good.

burlesford likes this.
  2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Merchant tier: you get a license to sell the printed version of the STL files presented at your business, but it costs quite more than the private use level of support (like 3-8 times or more... plus VAT). You can limit the amount of licenses, also.

Not being sassy here, this has been going on for more than a year in several patreons. I also asked in a local store where I play about selling OPEN SOURCE models for Battletech (since the import tax is quite brutal, and they have a limited stock) and the answer was that they won't touch anything without a commercial license.

burlesford and LaughinGod like this.
  3. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

100%
    Options are: buy from a recaster or a 3d sculptor, neither of which help flgs or CB.

Lesh', burlesford and Abrilete like this.
  4. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

There is a problem with that: a big chunk of Tohaa's range is pre-3D
    As CB (supposedly) keeps the master models of all their old releases, many of have have proposed that CB offered from time to time some "made to order" runs of their old minis, as a legit alternative to those that want to collect them.

xagroth and LaughinGod like this.
  5. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

I hope, you’ve got a comfortable seat, maybe prepared some snacks and drink?..
    Bread is on us, circuses are coming)

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  6. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

7. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I've got to say the roll out of the Reinforcements update is a shit show. The number of mistakes in the previews, Army, and more is very unprofessional. Better to delay a week than have your customers telling you all of the things you needed to fix. One mistake is excusable, two is bad, but the sheer amount of wrong stuff is ridiculous. Did they start inputting data a day before release!? Why the hell are they are relying on customers to be their proof readers? To know the game better than they do? I love your game guys but show, or least fake, some professionalism.

Lesh', archon, Abrilete and 4 others like this.
  8. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

To be honest, as a researcher, I am not against peer review, not at all. As long as CB communicates that we're dealing with the preprint, having the community figure out what can be done better is a plus. And as long as there are the corresponding changes afterwards.

9. Space Ranger

With a peer review, do you want your peers making typo fixes that you could have done if you just reviewed it yourself? I would think it would be about the substance instead.

burlesford likes this.
  10. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

As someone who has had to withdraw a manuscript, because it relied on a result from another article, that turned out to have a (very crucial) typo - typos are evil. You're not guaranteed to catch them.

#810 UpirLihi, Aug 5, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2023
    Chaserabinov and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  11. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

In order to "peer review" the Army profiles we would need to have access to the raw data, the cost tables and formulas, a detailed explanation of the intention and the methodoly behind...
    I'd love to have all that, but I'm pretty sure we won't.

12. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

You will never catch all typos, even if they are in one's native language, especially if you have deadlines, for example for, printing.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  13. archon

archon Well-Known Member

True. But this release has many of them. I did not remember (yes I am getting old) one release from CB - be it a smaller one like an online campaing or bigger one like N4 that goes without a bunch of mistakes, copy/paste errors etc. To a certain degree it is a least sympahtic, its not GW or Asmodee but at some point it looks like they thought: Anyway our player will find and report, no need to give it a second look. Just for example the HRL / HFT issue across the factions. Looks like Strg-F and checkmarked "whole map". I thought they have plenty of time for checking and if not, they need to do some serious planning.

Reporting in the videos that there is a 50 pts trigger for the RF to show up while it is 100 in the real pdf shows me that they probably not even read their own rules. Changing the profiles of the troops during a presentiation on yt is one thing, doing it twice is another. Showing O Yoroi as a header for the Yu Jing video is (hopfully only) a haste-error, a bad joke or cleary be done by someone who has no knowledge of the game - which is understandable, but avoidable.

#813 archon, Aug 5, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2023
    LaughinGod, burlesford and Daireann like this.
  14. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

These videos were done well in advance, hence why it was mentioned multiple times this is a work in progress things may change, rules changed since then, nobody expects Bostria to be send back to reshot these videos, likewise BoW/ OTT edited those videos not CB, O-Yoroi thumbnail was fixed as soon as it was spotted by CB.

While I can understand the frustration of transitional bugs leaking in major army functionality updates, I think a careful observer can see that each iteration these bugs are fewer, spotted faster and fixed faster, I can assure you the work done is top level and does not rest on the players to give it a second look to find the bugs.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  15. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

According to AI bing, hellois said in this interview in spanish:

So please report any errors.
    And there could be a global lore book in 2/3 years.

16. Space Ranger

A couple mistakes are understandable. It looks bad but recoverable. But the amount they had, and maybe still have, makes them look very bad. To me unprofessional. These were all things that should have been proofed long before it goes out. It doesn't help that what they have also come out with I'm sure they knew was going to be somewhat controversial. Some of the changes they had to make made me feel that they don't even play their own game. Bostria has even said he doesn't play anymore (when asked at adepticon). He's the damn brand ambassador! They should have had army done a month ago and started making their own lists and seen things like HRL Kwan, Ava 2 Haetae but both versions are 1.5 SWC. I've only paid attention to YJ so not sure about others.

17. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Yeah, I think this, combined with the constant refusal to explain their thoughts behind why they do what they do, is what irks me the most. It leaves you with the sour taste that the people making the game don't play their own game. "Because we are, first and foremost, players", it says on their web store. Feels weird then when they come out and say publicly that they don't play at all. And at least to me, it shows.

LaughinGod, Lesh', RolandTHTG and 5 others like this.
  18. Space Ranger

Do they even have anyone that's dedicated to play testing?

19. Exuin.exe

Exuin.exe Well-Known Member

According to @Vaulsc one guy on the dev team talks to some of the people in their local euro meta and that's it.

burlesford and Space Ranger like this.
  20. Space Ranger

They should have a few part-time guys that play test if they are not going to do it.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation