Daebak Force

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Chaserabinov, Jun 26, 2023.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Have you tried making these supposed teams yet? So far almost all of the teams are going to be some of the same troops over and over again due to that particular synergy. I keep going 1 or 2 points over to try to get anything I like. So far I’ve been able to get up to 4 orders for a Haris with a an NCO. I don’t know if Weibing keep their Tac Aware. Multiple NCO is good for a bit more flexibility but that’s still only one if you are playing WB or IS.

BTW it’s literally impossible to take two Haetae because they are 1.5 SWC each and we are limited to 2 SWC.

#201 Space Ranger, Aug 3, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2023
  2. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Your commlink trooper can be added to the reinforcement group for free when they land, so that's 1 order already. If you bring a haris with NCO, that's another 5 orders, for a total of 6, because we, ofc, bring an LT+1. If weibing keep their TacAware, that's another possible order for the fire team.

Here are a few setups I've been playing around with.

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]1
    HWARANG REINF. Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 23)
    DOKKAEBI REINF. (Hacker, Killer Hacking Device [UPGRADE: Spotlight]) Combi Rifle, Pitcher ( ) / MULTI Pistol(+1B), PARA CC Weapon(-6). (0 | 25)
    HAETAE REF. (BS Attack [Guided]) Heavy Rocket Launcher(+1B) / Assault Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-6). (1.5 | 35)
    Yáokòng WÈIBĪNG REINF. (Sensor) Combi Rifle, Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 15)

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4
    HWARANG REINF. Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 23)
    SO-RA KWON REINF. Combi Rifle(Shock), Heavy Rocket Launcher, E/M Mines ( | TinBot: Firewall [-6]) / Breaker Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 37)
    DOKKAEBI REINF. (Hacker, Killer Hacking Device [UPGRADE: Spotlight]) Combi Rifle, Pitcher ( ) / MULTI Pistol(+1B), PARA CC Weapon(-6). (0 | 25)
    Yáokòng WÈIBĪNG REINF. (Sensor) Combi Rifle, Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 15)

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]1
    HWARANG REINF. Light Shotgun / Pistol, EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 22)
    HAETAE REF. (BS Attack [Guided]) Heavy Rocket Launcher(+1B) / Assault Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-6). (1.5 | 35)
    SULYONG REINF. Shock Marksman Rifle / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 28)

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3
    JUJAK REF. (Engineer, Deactivator) Boarding Shotgun, Panzerfaust, D-Charges ( | GizmoKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 30)
    SO-RA KWON REINF. Combi Rifle(Shock), Heavy Rocket Launcher, E/M Mines ( | TinBot: Firewall [-6]) / Breaker Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 37)
    DOKKAEBI REINF. (Marksmanship, Hacker, Killer Hacking Device [UPGRADE: Spotlight]) Mk12, Pitcher ( ) / MULTI Pistol(+1B), PARA CC Weapon(-6). (0 | 30)

Time Bandit likes this.
  3. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

The Dokkaebi have Marksmanship on the profile that actually has a relevant gun, it's functionally BS14 base on the profile you care about to shoot with.

That's not a legal core, needs at least 1 Hwarang. The Haetae has a core option so it can it join Hwarang fireteams, not so it can necessarily be in core fire teams.

It's entirely possible that 400pts, as I've literally been telling everyone for fucking ever, is the better way to play the game. That said I'm going to be playing 350pts for a while just to test things but I'm not going to be shocked if 400 continues to feel superior.

4. Space Ranger

I see no where you can add the comms guy to the Reinforcements. (I'm at work and not able to give a really good read.)

5. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

4th bullet point:
    Screenshot 2023-08-03 213700.jpg

Space Ranger likes this.
  6. Space Ranger

Thanks. In other words, you literally can't form a core fireteam with the Haetae because you must have at least one Hwarang and the cheapest is 22pts.
    :joy:.

7. Space Ranger

Ok thanks. You better not have him a part of a fireteam then.

Sorry but this seems worse and worse. For example. I must take a Zhanshi in WB. One of the most common Core teams in it is a Zhanshi fireteam. I must take this Zhanshi out of the team to add an order to the other team. He also can’t be a part of any fireteam in that group. This is assuming he’s alive at this point as well.

I also see that we are still under the restrictions on fireteams. So, goodbye to my Shaolin haris if I want to have a Reinf haris. I could start with it, but it must be taken away when reinforcements come in.

LaughinGod likes this.
  8. Triumph

You can't form a 5 man core, but it can still core. This is relevant if you want a specific Haris in the main force, for example if you are playing WB and you want the Shaolin Haris. You can have a 3 man Hwarang core and the 3 man Shaolin Haris in the list.

Reinforcements have to be flexible because they're a 1 size fits all.

It's a mixed link, you sac +1 BS, it's not a huge deal and the tradeoff to get +1 Order for the arriving reinforcements, which again I stress have the advantage of literally deploying into the best possible spot they can find on the table may be far more useful.

#208 Triumph, Aug 3, 2023
    Henshini likes this.
  9. Space Ranger

Ok you mean a 3-4 man core. Yeah I get it. Which dissolves and core I may have had before.

10. Triumph

What lists are you running that are using the core, the haris, and then have space for a second core/haris in the reinforcements plus all their other toys and then also take 50pts of casualties to trigger your third core/haris to get on the table without losing your previous 2 fireteams?

11. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

100 points of casualties.

#211 Knauf, Aug 3, 2023
  12. Triumph

Yes 100pts, was looking at the wrong entry in the table.

13. Space Ranger

Zhanshi core and Shaolin haris per my usual WB list. I'll have to give up my shaolin to have the Reinf haris. Correct?

14. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Only once your reinforcements hit the table. If you haven't lost 100 points in your first turn, chances are that shaolin haris is no longer intact anyway at the start of turn 3. If you have lost 100 points in your first turn, chances are that shaolin haris was amongst them. In the unlikely case that your haris is still intact once reinforcements hit, you can reform them as a Duo to at least get one regular order out of one shaolin.

Time Bandit likes this.
  15. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Arrested Development narrator : "it wasn't"

The mode, for units Yu Jing won this update and it's not even close

16. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

As I said, iirc at the start of this thread, to you, I am waiting to read that.

17. Triumph

You know you can run multiple fireteams right? If for some reason you've taken fuck all losses and turn 3 rolls around and your reinforcements deploy and you're now faced with 3 fireteams you want to run you just deploy them unlinked, use your orders on your other two fireteams then dissolve one of them and then spend a command token to create a fireteam for the reinforcements and use them too, congratulations you actived 3 fireteams in a turn.

That's a pretty unlikely scenario though. As has been said these guys are most likely going to show up once one of the other fireteams has been mauled and simply step into their spot.

Chaserabinov likes this.
  18. Space Ranger

Anyone know yet if I take a Hsien Lt. +1 SWC, can that apply to either team or just the one he's in?

19. Space Ranger

What do you mean. The rules state you are still limited in fireteams. I can only have 1 core, 1 haris.

20. Triumph

Army app doesn't allow it so probably not.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation