1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cultural Learnings of Painting for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Nomads

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by burlesford, May 10, 2020.

1. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Looking stunning! That facial expression is great, and the braid looks damn good. [It's also one of the only old-model braids that stays on well, thank god...]

Looking forward to seeing the rest !

Just another thought on your previous good points about the Vostok. Yes, the Vostok does Mim -6 and durability well. But Riots have visors. IMO the place where unit buffs help you most in Infinity is not on the offense: any mook can shoot 4x as much as an opponent can ARO, at better range etc. But not every unit can stop close-range assaults by smoke-throwing warbands. Riots really shine for me as durable punch-takers who can then get up and slaughter if the opponent fails to kill them. With Avi in the mix they are effectively just as good as the Vostok.... purely IME.

Tristan228 and burlesford like this.
  2. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

This technique tip is very helpful: thank you for sharing it. I'll be trying that tonight.

burlesford likes this.
  3. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

I agree with you for Bakunin. Riot Grrls are actually the superior choice here. In Corregidor and Tunguska, however, there aren't really any Haris options that can compete with the Vostok+Fiddler or Vostok+Evader combo.

Apart from that, here's Cassandra Kusanagi from Defiance. I decided to paint her with a bit of the classic Moira skimpiness. I also forgot to paint the lights on her arms before I took the pictures, sorry for that.

[​IMG]

4. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

That is a really nice creamy white, I rarely see that nowadays, good job.

LeGweg and burlesford like this.
  5. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Thanks, @psychoticstorm!

Since everyone is celebrating #infinity1k right now, I decided to take a picture of my own painted collection. Here are my five current armies: Tunguska, NCA, Kosmoflot, O-12, and Bakunin.

I re-started Infinity in 2020, so I painted these (including my Corregidor, which I sold) in 3 years. Here's to many more!

[​IMG]

6. psychoticstorm

That is an excellent family photo, hope I can get one myself by next year, at the moment almost everything is gray, which is an improvement over metal, but still unpainted really.

LeGweg and burlesford like this.
  7. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Thank you again! How big is your pile?

I've managed to paint up the last mini of my own backlog – from 2020 :sweat_smile:. But even my actual backlog is only 17 miniatures now, which feels like I'm coming really close. Home stretch!

[​IMG]

I love this model so much. I had a few ideas for her over the years, including a female Volkolak, but in the end I painted her up like I originally intended – as my Szalamandra Pilot:

[​IMG]

8. Angry Clown

Angry Clown Well-Known Member

I want to make her carlota kowalsky

burlesford likes this.
  9. psychoticstorm

lets not talk about my backlog.... but hopefully you will eventually see it slowly appearing in its own thread...

On the subject, great conversion!

burlesford likes this.
  10. LeGweg

LeGweg Lucky dice roller

I love your white on Kusanagi. Such a hard color to work with, and you achieved a really nice transition.
    Bravo !

burlesford likes this.
  11. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Very good proxy indeed!

Thank you! The airbrush makes it possible. Without it, the transitions wouldn't have been half as smooth.

I wish you lots of time to paint then! What's on the menu? Oh wait, you said you didn't want to talk about it :P

Thanks! I had to think twice about that before I remembered that I really did convert her with the Cheerkiller's Assault Pistol...

Speaking of Cheerkillers: Here's another project finally done. I bought the box back in 2021, but for the longest time didn't know what to do with the profiles. Then there were a dozen other projects in between, which lead to them lying converted and primed in my bag for almost two years.

But since I came around recently to see their value in certain missions and there's a tournament coming up where I plan to play them, I finally put colors on them:

[​IMG]

For those of you who don't remember: I painted my Hollowmen based on the idea that different manufacturers produced different model lines for the suits used by the TJC. The result would be different "skins" for the brains-in-vats that were controlling them, just like in a video game.

[​IMG]

So, when I looked at how I wanted to paint my Cheerkillers, three ideas collided:
    1. I already had different "teams" of Hollowmen, almost like football teams.
    2. I'm kinda sad they're the only models in my Tunguska that use those unique color schemes.
    3. According to the fluff, Cheerkillers are former cheerleaders.
    What better solution then than to pretend my Tunguska Cheerkillers would be fans of different Hollowmen teams, and thus wearing their colors?

Since I only had three Cheerkillers, but 5 color schemes to work from, I chose the ones I liked the most as well as the profiles that get the most play.

To wrap this up, here are the jocks and their female fans:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And finally, the individual Cheerkillers:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. anubis

anubis sarcastic exaggerator

This modells and paintjob rocks. I´m loving this idea so much i think about repainting my own hollows (or getting a second box of them....oh please not...).
    The colours look great and the combination is always fitting. But poor little green and red boys did not get any fan to cheer for them :*-(

burlesford likes this.
  13. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

They need to perform better on the battlefield then :P And I need a reason to play a pure Cheerkiller core as well as get two more Cheerkillers...

anubis likes this.
  14. Angry Clown

Angry Clown Well-Known Member

man. how can you paint all these ? you mustnt be married. :P

do you use contrast paint type things or you manage to do these quality with blending ?

burlesford likes this.
  15. psychoticstorm

Really clever idea!

Pure cheerkiller core you say? that would be interesting.

MO, NCA, Varuna, Svalareima, Invincibles, White Banner, Corregidor, Tunguska, Druze, Shasvastii.

It is a lot....

burlesford likes this.
  16. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Regular painting time over three years. Married since last September ;) No contrast paints. You can get pretty fast with enough practice, and you can get great blends with an airbrush (although I didn't use it on the Cheerkillers).
    Never seen anyone even try it. Maybe that's a reason — to be the first :P

That is a lot.

17. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Small break from Nomads: I painted up this Blue Wolf for a fried of mine. Glad to help him expand his jade White Banner:

[​IMG]

18. LeGweg

LeGweg Lucky dice roller

I love little stories in armies such as your cheerkillers/hollowmen couples !

It really adds to the personality of the units and reflects in the game sessions. Really cool idea on top of a great painting.

And the Blue wolf looks dope

anubis and burlesford like this.
  19. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Thanks!

Now, back to Bakunin.

I repainted my Zeros. As much as I liked my original paint jobs, my scheme for my Nomads had evolved since then, and the colors didn't fit my now more focused approach anymore (fewer colors overall, and less orange on non-HI models). So I stripped them, gave them different bases, and afforded them a new coat.

What do you think? Which version do you like more?

Zero Hacker

[​IMG]
    New vs. Old

[​IMG]
    Zero Combi
    [​IMG]

New vs. Old

[​IMG]

toadchild, Brokenwolf, anubis and 5 others like this.
  20. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

new ones are better. Less is more, as they say

Savnock and burlesford like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation