1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to the Mongolian renaissance?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Mahtamori, Mar 8, 2023.

1. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

No worries. Just slap Frenzy on them.

Oh, wait, Yu Jing can't have Frenzy.

archon and Chaserabinov like this.
  2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Then what’s the point? Mongolian in only name and decent? You might as well play Dahshat and be done with it. They have Kum, MBH, and MES. Then of course Zuyong, Hulang, Zhencha. Hell if you want even more speed with Fiddler.

3. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Comments like this make laugh, have you compared what ISS/WBA got in the fireteam update compared to any of the PanO sectorials?

Also Betrayal is a pretty YJ-Centric story…

Back on topic, I would love to see a unique and creative take on a hacker bike, would be interesting to see for sure.

#23 ldgif, Mar 13, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2023
  4. Space Ranger

Um yes. You must not play YJ then. PanO teams are pretty damn good. If they don't want a Karhu, I'll take them!

Ok and how did Yu Jing come out of that? Not well if I recall.

5. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I literally placed 3rd in a tournament a few weeks ago with WBA, and have been playing almost exclusively YJ since right before N4.

Karhu are quite good, there is no denying that at all, its not like SWF is an insane auto-win sectorial due to it. Secondly I would say WBA/ISS are way more interesting than SWF by a large margin.

It still is a whole book dedicated to YJ/CA?!?
    How did PanO fair in recent lore? Also lost a lot in Paradiso, Joan died (again), TK lost their castle.

Anyways, I think we should stop beating the dead horse that is negativity and have a better outlook/disposition.

#25 ldgif, Mar 13, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2023
    Time Bandit likes this.
  6. Space Ranger

Ok sorry for the snark. I've also been playing since before N4. I even got 2nd place in our last local tournament with WB. And first going to Corregidor and 3rd Combined. But I'm not totally complaining about rules but about fluff.

To be honest I mistook Betrayal for Uprising. However I haven't read Betrayal since it's difficult to get for a decent price and is it really worth the money for a 10 minute read and nothing other than a so-so demoted character comes out of and a formerly good Yu Jing character becomes Combined. I think Hawkins came out of his book a little better.

I can't argue with this is. I thought YJ was going to have a good year. But instead it's Nomads two years in a row, Morats not long after Shasvasii. Then they are coming out with another book that sounds like again has nothing to do with YJ. They did give me some BS story about filling out Code1 and they would be coming out with something later in the year. I have no idea what they are talking about since C1 only has two Bakunin troops. Maybe they are adding troops? Anyway, I'm sorry for being overly negative. I'll shut up.

7. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Hey I’m glad you are doing well on the table as well!!

WBA/SWF/WhiteCo got their fluff super early on at N4 release book instead of a Splatbook, so I do think we tend to look past them getting as much lore as they actually have. WBA has some cool lore with how it infiltrated an entire army on Haqq Ships into Sval!

I will say Betrayal is a little more nuanced as it isn’t when Ko Dali gets sepsitorized, but more recent like pre N4 timeline. Also you get to see art of a Guijia T-posing like a champion. (Guijia’s get a lot of love in the limited cameos they get in Uprising and Betrayal).

I get what you mean by feeling by wishing for more in the releases though! I still hope for a sick Guilang box everyday!! (And a cool Mongol biker…)

I don’t way to to make it seem like I am silencing you though, I just want to add some positivity as it makes everything about the hobby way more enjoyable and healthy!

#27 ldgif, Mar 14, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
  8. Someone

Someone Active Member

I don’t even need a whole box, just a Guilang combi blister would be great. The old one looks so dated, plus mine has broken a couple times and his paint job is just garbage. Time for an update.

9. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

What's the point of wanting a unique Yu Jing motorcycle unit that, instead of repeating a unit design that is common among all of the motorcycle unit, finds its inspiration from the game's own established lore that isn't content at boiling an ethnicity down to a stereotype? There's everything to be gained by doing so and nothing to lose - particularly since Yu Jing is typically a bit short changed on competent hackers.
    Ideally they'd slot in to one of the sectorials and it's not outlandish to think that ISS would hire them like (above average reliability) mercenaries.

P.s. Dahshat is primarily muslim, not Mongolian. You do make a good point, if what you're looking for light archer cavalry then Dahshat has you covered.

10. Space Ranger

It can be stereotypes that really make a sectoral have some flavor though. Especially when they don’t put much effort into it.

There are some Muslims in Mongolia but not much. Especially because of proxy rules Dahshat can be what you want it to be. Only MO and Nomads have religion on their sleeves. Would you know a Sikh Commando was Sikh if you didn’t know the name? The Shaolin might be the only obvious YJ religious troop. But even then, you need some familiarity with Buddhist robes and Shaolin uniforms.

11. Mahtamori

In other words, not Mongolian even if you squint. Especially not Infinity brand 2250 A.D. Mongolian.

What the Mongolian people under Yu Jing are in Infinity is established, and it's cool. We just need to bring that cool into the game; hackers on bikes, gourmet chefs on bikes, gourmet hackers on bikes. The People craves it!

P.s. Did I mention they're also renowned for their luxury cuisine?

RolandTHTG and Space Ranger like this.
  12. Space Ranger

Where the heck is this background? I either read it a long time ago or never did.

13. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

It is in the N4 Core book!

14. Space Ranger

Ok. I never bought it because it was the same background as they have had forever.

15. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

You aren't exactly in a good position to be complaining about the lack of WB fluff representation when you also skip the book that gives them their fluff representation.

16. Space Ranger

True but in my defense, it was never said there was new fluff. I was actually told it was the same as previous.

17. Mahtamori

The N3 rulebook was something like 60 to 70% JSA-focused fluff in the Yu Jing section. In N4 that had to be replaced so they replaced it with a bunch of generic stuff (which is where the Mongolian Renaissance slots in - the Blue Wolf is only marginally related to it), with a lot of White Banner stuff. Mind you, there's still a bunch of Nipponese fluff in there as there's still a sizeable population of Nipponese in Yu Jing

Space Ranger likes this.
  18. Space Ranger

I asked my group if anyone had the N4 book and not a single one had it :expressionless:

I'd like an update on JSA too. How they are doing after the divorce. Did they ruin their economy? Did they decide to run to PanO with their tail between their legs?

Daireann likes this.
  19. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

I am interested in this question too.
    Are their life becomes better after that? What people are thinking about the situation...
    Was their radicalisation stoped, or they are moving forward this way?
    What are their new inner problems?.. They were not only a victims in that conflict.

20. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

As I see it, the life of the average Japanese citizen is worse than what they had under Yu Jing, but, they are indoctrinated to think their independence is worth the inconvenience, the nobility is way better than what they were before and they were the prime instigators behind it.

Japan as a whole has many issues, it is suddenly the biggest non aligned power and its territories are quite widespread and some are lucrative targets for local and major powers, the naval and stationary forces they need to sustain is probably quite the drain and they also need to fulfil their promises to the powers that helped them gain their independence.

No clue on the Japanese who stayed behind, it will inevitably be a complex situation involving multiple parties and movements.

Daireann likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation