Bakunin revamp: what's going, what's staying

Discussion in 'News' started by burlesford, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

So Bakunin finally goes the way of the copy cat? Copying MO?
    Mr Spitfire wants to say hello... ;)
    This box still triggers my "want it!" reflex and I'm all in for the two Support sisters with the Gizmo- and Medikit, albeit the two halo bearing HI(?) nuns are a tad too grimdark for my taste and the female "Sepulcher Nun" with apparently a MSV doesn't spark much joy (I really hope that's not the new Riot Grrls!!!).

Jumara, Bignoob, anubis and 1 other person like this.
  2. anubis

anubis sarcastic exaggerator

something unsetteling came to my mind in this very moment: All the crazy bakuning stuff seems quite unfitting with everything i see on this picture, meaning Riot girls, zeros, morlocks, überfallkommando, zoe, fiddler... dunno why, but i hope they dont become vanilla-only entries like the exrah back in the days or or same "sort of" sectorial like Winterforce. But maybe thats just some wrong thoughts and not writings on the wall.
    Maybe this freakish stuff is exactly what the space-nuns need to balance the sectorial out.

Golem2God likes this.
  3. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

I like the new Custodier. And I dislike the look of the rest. Seems I have to stay with Nomads Vanilla, StarCo and Foreign Company in order to avoid that blatant Sisters of Battle rip-off.

4. Shyvax

Shyvax Active Member

mmmh.... my initial thoughts are: I was hoping for crazy cat girls and S&M Nuns. It looks beautiful, and the models are gorgeous but I cannot shake the 'Red Pano Military Order' feel.
    I do see Nomads, especially Bakunin more like people living on the edge of modern society, doing crazy experiences, body alterations.... This is very Battle Nuns... the angry religious kind. Not eccentric ones.
    They look stunning... but not the picture I had of Bakunins. Hopefully, the craziness does come up later with follow up releases.
    Let's see ;-)

zapp, Golem2God, Jumara and 4 others like this.
  5. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Agreed.
    I like some of the new models, but most of them are really bland.

kesharq likes this.
  6. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

Oh Lord have mercy my heart almost stopped here!

anubis and Abrilete like this.
  7. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

Wait, is not a Raging Hero photo?!?

Lesh', Golem2God, Modock and 2 others like this.
  8. fari

Nope, this is a true leak

9. Bignoob

Bignoob Well-Known Member

Not a fan :(

Reverend Moiras are my biggest disappointment. I was expecting for a more conservative approach than the previous models, but they are just way too conservative imho now.

They really lost imho what made this crazy sectorial appealing.

Bit of a cold shower for me

10. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

I'm a bit bit torn on this first glance to be honest. Way too many swords for my taste, this is not MO. Not sure I like the S2 infantry at all, gotta see more angles. Sniper Sin Eater is a bit of a cruel joke, but maybe he's getting changed to make him more interesting. Really liking the S5 HI design, except for the sword of course. Nuns look alright, the Zero (?) hacker is the best of the bunch, I'd say.

Modock and Shyvax like this.
  11. anubis

anubis sarcastic exaggerator

defenetly agree. I think i will do some replacements there. Maoiras are not for melee. Let them dirty perv hands away from my nuns. Far away. HMG rangeband far away.

I´m looking forward to. Maybe some marksmany more-bursty kinda stuff? tbh i am quite happy with every other Sin-eater in their current state, but the sniper is.... well....

i highly expect that to be a custodier, due to the mask and robe

Knauf likes this.
  12. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

I'm 99% sure it is a Reverend Custodier.
    And on the left, in the background, there's a Reverend Healer (white headveil).

Apparently this time CB decided to color-code the Nuns With Guns - black for Moiras, White for Healers and red for Custodiers.

Abrilete and Knauf like this.
  13. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

The poses on those S2 HI are great: the chainrifle one as well. Running pose, not just leading with fist or gun. Same for the ML (HRL?) lady with down-pointed sword.

The nuns-proper are good, not yet standout. Like the mask on the Custodier a lot.

The S5 looks promising, though a bit disappointed at the open configuration over armor-chonk options (but I guess there’s already Taskmasters for the beefy armor look).

Very much intrigued by the S2 HI. Don’t think that’s a Riots rework (hoping, at least).

Jumara likes this.
  14. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

Yes, not for me either. Too many space knights and religious thematic now.

Now I see less colors on Bakunin. Tunguska better to think about where they could put their investmens. Some other places.

- We want some safety system in our new tags.
    - Sure! We would put an icons on front panel!

Where is praxis lab representation...

As a game profiles they may be good. But what about the background?

Savnock, Golem2God, Jumara and 2 others like this.
  15. Rejnhard

Rejnhard Well-Known Member

I for one like the fact that nuns look like nuns and not hooded strippers. Nothing against sexyness in Inifnity, I just vibe with this Observance look more, grimdarkish spiked halos included. Might be the thing that brings my money back to CB.

chaos11, Arkiemon and burlesford like this.
  16. fari

the absence of line infantry is bugging me...

i hope they dont make moiras cost 15 points by stripping out ODD from them.

Haloed HIs are supposedly Riots, acording to some guys i asked. Hard to believe

PS: I still have hope in a +1B and/or FTO for the Sniper Sin Eater

Lesh' likes this.
  17. SpectralOwl

My immediate reaction is that I like the updated Custodier and Sin Eater, but everything else looks painful. If the older stuff goes, or isn't competitive without the new stuff, I'm probably not going back to Bakunin for the rest of the edition. It's already hard enough dodging this silly-Christian aesthetic in PanO!

Modock and kesharq like this.
  18. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

How dare you? These are the core principles that Bakunin society is built on. How can you be sure they are not synthetic copycats made by scheming diabolical AI if they cover their bodies with cloth? Are they ashamed of it? How can the righteous folk find strength in these trying times without Reverend MILFs warm embrace? What next? You'd say they don't have teeth down there too? Eh.

Savnock, gravitypool, Jumara and 4 others like this.
  19. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

De gustibus non est disputandum - that being said, I'd prefer the grimdark to be kept as far from Infinity as possible. There's that other wargame which likes grimdark so much that its grimdark got a grimdark topping and some extra grimdark sauce just for good measure. A game I don't like and don't play.

As for the Observance, they have always been the weird nuns (with guns) for me. So Moiras being the sexy nuns didn't raise my eyebrow.

That being said, this looks like it isn't as much Bakuning Jurisdictional Command as an Observance Combat Team. Perhaps we'll be seeing a split of the BJC into two sectorials...? Just wondering.

20. Bignoob

Bignoob Well-Known Member

For me it has nothing to do with sexyness. Because now, they still have their upper leg visible. You couldn't "see" more before than what you can see now.

For me it fully has to do with "what this sectorial is about"

Before it was a Sectorial full of colors, full of contradictions, full of pretty unique profiles.

Now they are... As you say... Grimdark... Ok, we got 40K for that, and we got MO for "holy words dispensers, dispensing with the sword".

There may be a good lore reason to do so, but as mentionned earlier, they became extremely conservative.

Even their poses, and their outfit became conservative. Look at the difference in the combat style / combat pose between old and new models. Look at how the Secorial "unorthotodoxy" was so rooted in it's design that it went down into the way they fight.

[​IMG]
    new healer.png

old healer.png

new custodier.png

old custodier.png

Now for me it's.... Boring. That's the good word for me: Bakunin became boring. And that means a lot...

But again all of that is MY own personal, I wish CB a lot of success with them!

redeemer, Savnock, Erbent and 8 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation