1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your Favorite Anime/Manga?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by harshill2545, Jan 27, 2019.

Tags:
  1. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

You'll like the "Gate" anime then. Just be aware that it's advised to stay away from the source material, as it's reported to get heavily nationalistic.

2. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

Seems we get the same (maybe because that's what aired here lately) with the whole SAO seasons/OAV, Log Horizon, Overlord and That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime.
    I really enjoy Slime with its funny RPG norms twisted.
    SAO is interesting but I'm not that into it. I like the GGO arks more (specially the second one which kinda nerdy).
    Overlord is not something I'll really promote but still I enjoy the serious plot / non serious behaviour contrast.
    Log Horizon was a bit slow first but I grow an interest in the characters and I'm waiting for the next season to be aired (that totally not being pushed up by the fact the the opening is by Band-Maid, not at all).

3. jherazob

If you want SAO, but better, look up the Abridged series, widely recognized to be superior to the original despite being a shameless parody. Never watched Log Horizon (will have to look it up) and only seen S1 of Overlord, which was good. Slime has a spinoff series happening between S1 and S2 if i recall correctly, also worth a watch.

Koin-Koin likes this.
  4. McDevil

McDevil Well-Known Member

Manga: Berserk and Blade of Immortial.
    Anime: kinda harder to choice just few. When I start thinking then more and more pop into my head. Some samurai stuff, probably my fev theme.
    -Kurozuka
    -Shigurui: Death Frenzy.
    -Samurai Champloo
    -Ninja scroll

5. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I've been watching a lot of Isekai. Most is garbage but there's a few that really stand out. Like the ones you mentioned are great. I also recommend Jobless Reincarnation, BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense, How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom. BTW Bookworm is getting a 3rd season this year.

jherazob likes this.
  6. jherazob

After multiple mentions decided to watch Bofuri ep1. Dear god, no one warned me about how adorable she is! My freaking heart, dammit! :joy: And it's a fun premise, i guess i'll continue:)
    That premise alone will dissuade many people, but makes me too curious to ignore it, will check it out
    Also recommended in many places, with the caveat that the main character starts as a very unlikable bastard somehow? Not sure, will have to check it out too.

Space Ranger likes this.
  7. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Appleseed, Ghost in the Shell, Battle Angel Alita

chromedog and stevenart74 like this.
  8. McDevil

McDevil Well-Known Member

There is something with that 98% crap and 2% good. But is more like that 98% is just for different audience then me. Most of time I spend hour to find something. Then after 1-2 episodes i just give up. But if something hit me. Its hits hard and is uber cool.
    From scfi I don't see hire:
    Texhnolyze (sometimes quite havy in theme)
    Ergo proxy (calm, almost dream alike)
    And metioned before Kurozuka have some scfi, cyber elements. But is nice mindfuck love story .

#108 McDevil, Mar 17, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
  9. Space Ranger

It's good you at least give something 1-2 episodes. I try at least three because I noticed the 1-2 is sometimes slow burn and a story really picks up by 3. Or the character is unlikable, but by the 3rd episode you realize it's like a story of redemption or the character is supposed to change through the show.

Golem2God likes this.
  10. jherazob

It's informally called the Rule of Three: Watch at least 3 eps before deciding if you wanna watch the rest or not. It's more like a guideline than a rule of course, and it's hardly infallible (completely breaks down on long series, for short ones you usually need less, and on a few ones it doesn't help at all), but it generally works well.

Golem2God likes this.
  11. Space Ranger

Yeah there's been a few where it starts out great and then dud.

Golem2God likes this.
  12. jherazob

Yeah, those are a tiny minority (Toradora for example), most will show their colors well enough on those first 3 eps. Some will need more because they're very long series that changed over time (like if there was an actual Negima anime that followed the full manga, this would very much fail, the beginning is markedly different from the mid-late volumes). Some will let you know on the very first episode (Naruto is very, very long, but the first episode told you what to expect). Then there's Madoka, where you really don't know what you're in for until the end credits music of ep.3 starts playing, absolutely perfect fit for the rule.

But really, it does work well enough for most series.

Golem2God likes this.
  13. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

It could also apply to some instant like shows. Not because you'll drop after 3 episodes but you'll discover after those three that the show is even deeper/better/not what it looks like at first/...
    A good example I think is Tri-Gun. It was an instant my kind of stuff then it appears to be sooo much more than the WTF character introduced at first.

jherazob likes this.
  14. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

Too many to tell them all, but here are some of my favourites:
    Attack on Titan, Black Lagoon, Ghost in the Shell, Blood-C, When they cry, Mirai Nikki, Claymore, and some more...

15. Space Ranger

For this and last season I loved Spy x Family, My Dress-up Darling, Chainsaw Man, Devil is a Part-Timer.

16. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

Isekai?
    Konosuba!

You're welcome
    [​IMG]

And for a list of my favourites, I have an excel file only for that...

A Mão Esquerda and Space Ranger like this.
  17. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

I know of Spy Family & Dress Up Darling.

18. Space Ranger

SxF was the big hit. It's a good family comedy/action show. Dress up is a a RomCom with bit of fan service but not as blatant as others and with a good story.

I'm less and less into the action and dark things but it kind of depends. I'm liking Chainsaw man for some reason. It's violent and dark but also fun. Great music too. It has a different ending song every episode.

19. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

The Breaker is rolling out its third and final season, Eternal Force. MUCH EXCITE!!!

20. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation