1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

January+February+March 2023 - Happy New Year

Discussion in 'News' started by Wizzy, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

Lot of cool new releases, and I'm glad they finally adressed the scenery pack issues (if they plan to release not only expac but also base scenery pack along).

2. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

I'm very happy with Lei Gong.

3. archon

archon Well-Known Member

This his Signatur gear from Aristeia which makes him fast like thunder (6_2 move MI).

I am very dissapointed they give us SMG as regular version. Without range he is pretty useless. I never took this loadout and I think I will not do on the future. There are better CoCs in both sectorials.

So MMR still only available vua 2nd Hand... thanks for nothing deviance.

Angry Clown and Tristan228 like this.
  4. Gwaernydd

Gwaernydd Well-Known Member

It's the 2022nd year of the lord, the era of 3D printing alternate weapons and bits and you can still find people wailing about a goddamn weapon swap as if it wasn't a 3 second kinda engineering project

burlesford likes this.
  5. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Imagine white knighting for a company who is unable and unwilling to provide their customers with the variant goods they actually wanted and suggesting buying a 3D printer to "resolve" the issue.

6. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Then why even stop there? Print the whole miniature

Amusedbymuse and Nuada Airgetlam like this.
  7. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

I’d personally love it if CB went down the route of stls. Much like Wargames Atlantic will be doing. I’d happily drop a lot of cash for the ability to print whichever miniature I wanted and when. Especially if it was the OOP miniatures like the tikbalang and uhlans.

I do understand the salt though, there are profiles that have never materialised in the flesh and which have been taken in lists time and again. It’s why the proxy rule works so well but I’d kinda like to see these profiles as miniatures. I for one see no need here to buy the new lei gong save to have as it’s a nice mini but others may feel differently.

On another note, some of these new releases are stunning. Going to have to pick up the new transformer, sorry, I mean roadbot, as a Xmas gift (going to convince my friend to paint it as arcee if I can).

The wardriver is lovely, it’ll go with my other one quite nicely. The scenery pack may be bought in multiples as it’s quite nice and I’m hoping there’s a new game mat from deep cut studio to go with it. No nomads will be bought. I don’t care how pretty they are, I’m not jumping down that rabbit hole. I already have all my haqqi to still paint…

infyrana likes this.
  8. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

STLs are not gonna happen. Since rules are free, CB make money selling miniatures. Selling STLs are not profitable

Lesh' and Abrilete like this.
  9. Gwynbleidd

Beg to differ. Stls are insanely profitable. OnePageRules (whose rules are also free) have made a company based around this alone and Wargames Atlantic are going to be offering their entire miniature range as stls. Many other stl sellers are currently making money hand over fist on patreon and other sites.

With Wargames Atlantic, they’ve realised the potential sales available. This will lower their manufacturing costs as well as netting them a ton of cash from the stls sales alone. Buyers who may not have 3D printers will still purchase the miniatures and so increase the profit margin. The fact that CB makes money via miniatures doesn’t mean they couldn’t also make money via stl sales. It’s just unlikely that they will which is why I said “I’d love it if they did”. It was a wish, which will likely go unfulfilled.

LaughinGod and burlesford like this.
  10. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Those Siocast machines that CB purchased rather recently won't pay for themselves in this case

Nuada Airgetlam and Gwynbleidd like this.
  11. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Doing that for weapons and body parts alone would probably be a good side income. Additional arm sets to alter poses, head replacements etc. from their original contractually bound designers would go a long way. I've tried contacting one of their designers some time ago asking for permission to effect such a commission, but I've never heard back from them.

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  12. fari

I sell one STL. 100 figures are printed. I dont get benefits for 99 of them. I dont see how that is viable as a comercial strategy

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  13. Gwynbleidd

:joy: Genuinely made me laugh, thanks. As far as I can tell they’re not currently paying for themselves anyway…

If you sell 1 or 10000 stls there’s no manufacturing costs. At worst you’ve paid someone relatively little to produce the file. It’s a huge income. It’s almost all profit. If it wasn’t viable no one would do it. As it stands a company like Wargames Atlantic has decided it wants in on that sweet, sweet cash cow. If you do both stls and still sell minis it grants you extra profit for almost no extra work.

14. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Very surprised by this comment, I find CoC Lei Gong way more useful and useable. He's pretty much on par with Adil with each one bringing something else to the table. I am glad this profile is coming out since I used it way more than the other profile (I do already have the SMMR version from Defiance though).

A Mão Esquerda and Gwynbleidd like this.
  15. archon

archon Well-Known Member

I never saw him as a close range fighter. If it comes to 8" I would run BSG for example, not risking my CoC option. Visor is also more useful out if chain rifle or mine range.

In IA Haidao can be cheap CoC in WB I would always prefere Adil.

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  16. Gwynbleidd

I have used CoC lei gong myself on a number of occasions but don’t find him as useful as his variant or even Adil. This could be the dice gods fault however as they seem to hate my yu jing dice and have gotten lei gong killed more than once.
    If I’m correct, the salt in the situation with this mini (while lovely) could have been mitigated with extra arms/weapons and a head swap in the box. I’d not have been upset to find that I could make lei gong as I wished for a slightly higher price. Just my take on it, what does everyone else think?

Jumara and Knauf like this.
  17. archon

archon Well-Known Member

On top the rarley use of albedo is better with 24".

Yes easy. But maybe this will make some defiance customers angry because their stuff is not exclusive anymore.

Anyway - worse case is, I have to use my Aristeia version some time more.

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  18. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Depending on how this new sculpt is cut, I might magnetize the right arm to be interchangeable with the defiance MMR arm, as I prefer this new sculpt on first glance. I also hope it's not as massive as the defiance one.

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  19. Gwynbleidd

I wouldn’t mind if I had the Defiance version. There’s a new sculpt of Uma and I have her as well as the defiance variant. But I do understand that it may upset some.

Edit: I do realise that these umas have both their weapon loadouts however. But I wouldn’t have minded if the new uma sculpt had her with her Defiance weapons as long as it looked different enough.
    Not a bad idea… I certainly won’t steal it. Promise.

20. fari

You make a fusilier combi STL. ok. Someone pay for it and start editing to make all the SWCs fusileers. Suddenly, no one needs CB to get Infinity miniatures. Oh, who could predict that.

What we do with all the machinery we invested in? All the infrastructure? All the workers we suddenly dont need? We are not manufacturing now, so, why we need a building? Let's work from our houses waiting our inevitable end when piracy forces us to close.

3D printing is killing the industry and the problem is that people doesnt care because hey, im saving money. Almost the 100% of people i know who play GW games stopped buying figures from them. It's ok, is GW, can get money from other sources. But not all the miniatures companies are giants.

Tristan228, kesharq, Papa Bey and 2 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation