1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WARCROW] The new fantasy universe by Corvus Belli

Discussion in 'News' started by Koni, Mar 25, 2022.

1. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

In theory, such an active play app for doing all the rule interaction heavy lifting is exactly what INFINITY needs, too.

Yep. Very sad state of affairs and the fact that you feel like that? That's CB's loss. They've lost tons of customer good will in a lot of ways along the years and they still happily keep bleeding it out now.

Hilariously, I've not even started mine, I can't approach it while being aware of how many bugs there are. I've been waiting for two years for them to make it playable. Still waiting, but you can guess how bitter I am about it. To quote the poster above - for a good reason.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that as well above. Not sure you were around back then and read me, but as soon as they said there will be retail sculpts I've grumbled that they better not come out before the KS ships.

The limited, TAG Raid only, KS-exclusive, only for All In Backers mega beastie Steindrake? Sure they shoved it back into the Warcrow Adventures. Another all out dick move.

Of course they jumped on the double money every single chance they could.
    This is a friendly Company after all.

2. PappaChu

PappaChu Well-Known Member

I do like how the guy wearing shit colored glasses is chiding someone for wearing rose tinted ones

Let people enjoy things man, you’ve made your point, you don’t need to keep rehashing it, give those aching fingers a rest

3. Nuada Airgetlam

Firstly - I'm not chiding the guy. If he's cool with remaining with the rose Lennon's on, cool. I'm just making him aware of them because he didn't seem to be.

Secondly - do I have "shit colored glasses"? Maybe, I'd simply call it being a "disgruntled customer" though.

However, in opposition to the fanboy rose tinted stance, I'm well aware of how CB slapped my own rose tinteds off, stepped on them and asked me if I have a problem. And that's why I've ceased to support the company even though I was an all-out, all-in customer since the N3 launch, bought several armies' worth of miniatures, bought Platinum into Defiance, all the jazz. But enough is enough.

Now I can give back to the community by raising awareness and if the community agrees and gets it's act together and demands change, change might occur. It sure as hell won't if everyone is just chilling in their rose tinteds, pretending nothing is wrong at all.

4. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

De gustibus non est disputandum. Some of us like and have confidence in CB, some don’t. If it somehow helps those that don’t to repeat their complaints ad nauseuem, what’s the harm?

5. Alfy

Alfy Well-Known Member

Indeed, Infinity is so good, people have stuck with it no matter what, myself included. But I think it’s become a liability for CB at this point, as they just don’t realize how dedicated their fan base is.

I mean, although not nearly as bad as Defiance’s, Infinity rules have always been problematic. Part of it is the presentations, the language and the organisation, but on top of that it’s full of holes. And CB very seldom cares to address this. How many unanswered rules questions were still in the list for N3 when we switched to N4? I still remember a tournament AAR by VaulSC where him and his opponent have to agree on how a particular rule should be played, and it turns out in a later game the judge says different. That’s how bad it is: people having to agree on how to play in a tournament.

Maybe in some cases, the ruling might affect balance and needs careful consideration, but mostly it’s about: what did you mean by this? How do you yourselves play this? Basically, 30 seconds to a minute by question to just tell us how it’s meant to go. I personally thought it’s always been very disrespectful from CB to let their player base hang like that.

But as you say, it’s Infinity: there’s no other game like it, and so I stuck with it.

Thing is, neither Defiance nor Warcrow Adventures are Infinity. They’re not head and shoulder above the competition, far from it. And with Warcrow trying to find an audience beyond the Infinity crowd, I think CB is seriously underestimating what the expectations are out there. When a big KS gets delivered, it’s become common for the designers to lurk in the fora, their own and BGG. The average delay to get an answer for Oathsworn was 24 hours, and I see something similar for ISS Vanguard on the AR forum. It makes sense: people have spend a few hundred dollars, waited a couple of years, you don’t want their first impression to be one of frustration. Today’s players will not wait weeks on end for a FAQ.

With Warcrow Adventures going retail, I think CB is in for a big surprise. And I think it’s going to be a good thing. Not because I’m mean and want them to fail, but because maybe they’ll wake up and realize how far behind they’ve got. And then maybe they’ll get their act together and stop relying on the goodwill of their Infinity fans.

6. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Vulnerability (Total)

Nuada, your writing style can be pretty heated at times, and you post a lot in the forum, so the effect is sustained. What exactly is it you think you're 'giving back to the community'? I wonder how you see your self-appointed role on these forums. Are you ... Batman? (I might start reading your posts in Batman's voice from now on.)

Of course I like N4. I love N4. I play Infinity face to face at least once a week (not a big fan of TTS). I'm part of a big old community of 30+ players that runs from old grognards from N1, to new players jumping onboard in the last few months. What can I tell you, it's a bloody wonderful game. I'm a pretty critical guy, I've played board games and war games for about 35 years now, and yes I can see quite a few problems with the game, and sometimes that can indeed be a bit frustrating. But considering its rule complexity, number of moving parts and array of factions, the game spins along well and i'm happy to call it the best game I've played.

As Alfy points out, all this doesn't necessarily translate to its other games, although I'd point to Aristeia! as evidence that Infinity wasn't a one-off. Their QC on Defiance is a stain on that good record, no doubt about it though, I agree.

#666 Time Bandit, Nov 2, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2022
  7. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

In that podcast Belen also said that Remote Race will arrive soon.

8. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

Oof. The salt is strong in this one. It’s not even out yet and it’s causing controversy. If this was a measure of success then Warcrow would have nailed it.

I mean, I understand some of the salt. That addition of an exclusive from Tag Raid was a bit cheeky but I think if you like the look of the game and want to support the company via the kickstarter, fine. If you don’t, fine. It’s up to you.

I personally won’t be buying the kickstarter, I have too many /bills to pay/things to paint/stuff I want (that I can have right now instead of waiting at least a year) to pick it up right now. Will I buy it when the retail drops? Absolutely. It’s a new game from a company that brought me three games I really enjoy. Now, admittedly Defiance could use a FAQ but rule of cool has helped us when playing so far). At the very least Warcrow will be something entertaining with some nice minis I can paint.

Speaking of new games, @fari, what was that about remote race?

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  9. fari

I suppose the Infinity version of Mario kart, with remotes. What we all wanted instead of tag raid. They were talking about next games and finding publishers and belen named warcrow and remote races, so maybe is close to be available

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  10. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

Nuada, "And that's why I've ceased to support the company even though I was an all-out, all-in customer since the N3 launch, bought several armies' worth of miniatures, bought Platinum into Defiance, all the jazz. But enough is enough"
    so why are you here? Do you honestly think your constant negativity is helping? You are providing a service for us gullible and naïve mindless consumers?
    When i stopped enjoying 40k, guess what i did....i left and found something i enjoyed.

11. Gwynbleidd

Ooh… I’ll add this to new games I’ll be playing then. Any more news on it or is that it for now? I’d personally love a Mario kart style game where I can upgrade my bot and smash things around a racetrack.

Time Bandit and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  12. fari

that's all for now. the existance of the game. We even not know if is similar to the fan game played in the Interplanetario or not

13. Gwynbleidd

No worries, thanks for letting me know! I’ll keep my ear to the ground and hope to hear more about it soon. It’s definitely going on my new games to play list.

14. Nuada Airgetlam

Cool story, good for you. Others in the meantime remained, wrote tons of feedback, used whatever influence they could wield and influenced GW strongly enough that the company did a 180 on social media and customer relations, drastically shifted marketing strategy, reinvented products people have been clamoring for for ages and even changed their leadership from the one that was driving a wedge between the company, the products and the customer base.

"If you don't like it then leave" is an unhelpful, sometimes even dangerous mentality. I'd understand it if you were afraid of some large status quo change - but what are you so threatened by in the perspective of CB maybe for once starting to respect their customers and keep their word?

15. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Many would style themselves Jeremiah when Balaam is a better fit.

Cthulhu363 and burlesford like this.
  16. Nuada Airgetlam

Despite external temptation with rewards for cursing Israelites, Balaam chooses to only speak the words of truth. His prophecy is rendered in honesty, blessing Israel. When challenged and threatened, he blesses Israel again. Taken to Peor, after seven sacrifices, Balaam gazes upon the nation of Israel and blesses them again, filled with the Spirit of God.

He is later unjustly blamed as influence for the Heresy of Peor and when recognized he is killed by Israelites in a raid on Midianites.

Even if he wanted to, Balaam could not and would not speak false prophecy against Israelites. Sure, I can be Balaam.

17. anubis

anubis sarcastic exaggerator

I am so sorry but not sorry and it was emotionally necessary
    ZomboMeme 03112022082239.jpg ZomboMeme 03112022074507.jpg

18. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

Yeah, and they still suck after all that. Cool story. I'm not saying if you don't like it, then leave. I'm saying if you are just wallowing in negativity and only stick around to throw shade at the company and anyone who supports them, you need to find something more fulfilling in your life.

burlesford and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  19. Nuada Airgetlam

Thank you for concern, however it is not required.

20. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

I have my ignore button on (and I'm not planning to disable it), but it looks to me like people are trying to talk sense into a certain well-known forum user again. Haven't people tried that enough to know it's not going to happen? I'm just saying this to keep the thread from derailing into the well-known forum cycle.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation