1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Balacing units

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Sharrankar, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Vulnerability (Total)

Yeah, i love this game, erasing half of its design space is horrific to me! :D

WiT? and Hannibaliafun like this.
  2. P4ela154

P4ela154 Active Member

Meta. In the last tournament for 30 people (August 6, but played without rebalance), 1-8 places for vanilla armies.
    As for shasvasti, if I want to take the sphinx, then I see that it is better in vanilla than in the shas sectorial

Time Bandit likes this.
  3. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Vulnerability (Total)

Agreed, meta. Both viable metas; that's my point.

Metal730 and P4ela154 like this.
  4. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I feel like Jayth are based on more or less the same template as Myrmidons, but I also know that in Aleph, the most popular Myrmidon is consistently the 16 point one with just a Chain Rifle and smoke.

Lesh' likes this.
  5. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

But I think they could work as elite versions. I am using the same logic as why Yujing Guilang work comparable to Nomad Zeros: If you can fill an important niche, the cost can be worth it. Especially if they are your only option. Right now they are Close Quarters Battle units with no way to close the distance.

Giving them a type of smoke would make them a unique tool. Eclipse is rare for Combined and could be fluffy with all the high tech equipment they have.

toadchild likes this.
  6. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Eclipse when they have MSV1 would be pretty anti-synergistic, but I agree that they need something to help them get into the ranges that they're effective. Currently, the best use case I can find is the Jayth with Red fury for 38/1.0, and at that price it's competing directly against the Noctifer Spitfire (30/1.5) for solo shooter slot, and the Noctifer is not what you want to be competing against.

Brokenwolf likes this.
  7. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Regarding vanilla factions: what they need is proper downsizing. Especially the ones with large number of sectorials, obviously. More units should be exclusive to sectorials, the way Gwailos are SEF-exclusive. Some of the loadout options for the units that stay in vanilla should be removed and made sectorial-exclusive, too. First of all, many of the command and control options; it makes sense for sectorial detachments to have more cohesive command structure, than an ad-hoc group drawn from very different outfits. So less CoC, N2, Lt2, Strategos, etc. available for vanilla.

For Jayths - I'd remove their MSV and Mimetism, replacing them with Sixth Sense, Forward Deployment, and Hidden Deployment. This would represent them being used to fight in pitch black tunnels, as well as tunneling to the battlefield. Hell, I'd give Sargosh Explode to go with his HD.

8. P4ela154

P4ela154 Active Member

Maybe FD, yes, but we have malignos with hd, infiltration and -6, and we have caliban msv1 with spitfire and fd.
    Keep msv1 only for redfury. Reduce ma3 to ma2. Delete NBW.
    Get Tensho as wildcart with (nox) keyword.

#48 P4ela154, Aug 22, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
  9. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

That's not "design space" in any meaningful way.

10. Sharrankar

Sharrankar Well-Known Member

Welp, seems like this thread deserves to be unearthed again with the new nerfs. And while I agree that Taigha nerfs were needed, it'd be nice to receive a buff here and there as well, to give us more options instead of taking them away. Also, Shas and Onyx paying for vanilla's sins seem to have become classics at this point - CB should really give them sectorial-specific profiles for things or, at the very least, fix other profiles.

And to be perfectly honest, back-to-back nerfs of CA with no needed nerfs in other factions does not feel fair. Wish CB would implement a broader nerf

Zewrath, Hannibaliafun and Vaulsc like this.
  11. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

What was the Taigha change? Are Hungries a bit more competitive now?

12. Brokenwolf

Taighas are now 6-4 (From 6-6), Will 12 (From 11), and are a point more expensive ( 6 and 7 for DA CCW).

Hungries are now competitive again.

Jumara, bladerunner_35 and toadchild like this.
  13. Doppelgganger

Doppelgganger Well-Known Member

Hungries always be competitive, just a bit shadowed by taighas. Anyway, while both run diferent profile, diferent game can see, mostly now

Brokenwolf likes this.
  14. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the back to back CA nerfs either.

Kinda brings me back to feeling that CA is good despite CB and not because of them. But at the same time I don't think the nerfs hamper the army that much, so... idk, I'm neutral?

bladerunner_35 likes this.
  15. Brokenwolf

While I agree that back to back nerfs feels bad, it really really does make sense. With the information that CB has shown us, Vanilla CA are extremely common and effective in the competitive ITS scene. They seem to be actively trying to balance some of the more powerful parts.

Taigas are still good, but now are no longer a no brainer over Hungries (which is still very good). The Morat update gave CA even more tools and Vanilla CA is still very powerful. I still think we will see Avatars and Taigas in the meta, just not as common as before.

Metal730, LaughinGod and toadchild like this.
  16. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

Can we make the Anathematic the same S as the Charontid, since they are built on the same chasis?

Jumara likes this.
  17. Erbent

Erbent Well-Known Member

I take a break from infinity for a few weeks and as soon as I get back we get another nerf, good fun, meanwhile skiavoro is still pretty bad at best and flash pulse bots are still cheap as chips, on a positive side people will probably complain less about how busted the avatar is, so that's a win, but it sure would be nice if CB did something about the units that barely get played, why can't we have at least a lieutenant option for each loadout of anathrmatics/charontids/skiavoros is beyond me.

18. Sharrankar

Sharrankar Well-Known Member

Fixing the other aspects would be nice, yeah - Charontid gaining AP on the HMG and maybe getting some kind of a magical discount would be a start. Annie is mostly fine, she could use bs14, but she's super expensive as is and Skiavoros needs a role redesign - hacker lt with HD+, strategos and rem pres with tinbot could be an option

19. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Skiavoro lieutenant hacker profile would be amazing and significantly overdue. I’m afraid we won’t see updates until it’s resculpted, though, and there’s no indication that’s in the pipeline.

20. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

They're not the winningest army to my understanding. Though they are the most popular.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation