1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New HB box contents speculation

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by vorthain, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Sojourne

Sojourne Irregular

yep I know. Still not going to change my hope! I mean when the Shakush was first announced but we didn’t know the profile I was also hoping we were gonna get a S6/7 Impersonator muaha

heh but jokes aside I’m sad we don’t have more information on Blackwind at the moment. Probably all busy with Durgama.

2. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

I've always maintained that HB should get a TAG with Impersonation. It pretends to be a forklift.

3. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

The science checks out.

[​IMG]

Methuselah, Jumara, kesharq and 4 others like this.
  4. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Also the big release is in what, three weeks? One of the main rules of hypetrain conducting is control of info flow. Creat hunger, then drip tantalizing bits to rally the frothers, but leave a lot of good stuff for the big reveal.

5. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

Next week. July 26th is the date were we apparently get to see things. Then GenCon is the early access. That is Aug. 4th to 7th.

sololobo and Sojourne like this.
  6. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

I was hoping we would get a Camo Token tag of somekind...the Shakush is a wierd one.

7. Sojourne

Sojourne Irregular

I thought the whole point of the Shakush was that it was not weird. The most gimmickless TAG there is out there, I.e. the perfect CodeOne TAG, so I doubt we will be getting another in this wave.

8. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Shakush is a loan-over from Ramah, and at its base - isn't it a budget, commercially-available light TAG of YJ manufacture?

Good enough to fit Hassassin requirements for when they need some armored firepower, but indeed pretty vanilla.

9. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

Time Bandit and theGricks like this.
  10. sololobo

sololobo Well-Known Member

That’s a good way to put. It’s raw stats with an effective load out. A TAG IMO does not fit the HB flavor, but for the game’s ITS requirements I can see why RTF loaned it to HB. lol If a light TAG was commissioned for HB it would need more tricks.

11. Errhile

Well, that's not outside of the realm of possiblity that we'd see a Bahram-specific Shakush profile at some point.
    Not that I'd expect it as likely, but still, possible.

12. sololobo

That would be great. Imagine if it was something like the scorpion king from the mummy movie. LOL It would be cool if was Anubis themed. Anything Anubis themed is cool.

13. Errhile

You mean the sculpt? I don't think so. They've shown us a concept art at some point, and it looked vanilla.
    I meant profile, as in skills & equipment.

14. sololobo

Oh no. lol I’ve seen the sculpt. It’s mech hood looks pretty cool, but I was more in the meme mindset of us wishing for something and we get it…just not how we envisioned it.

15. Lareon

Lareon Well-Known well-knower

16. Errhile

Yup.
    • Daylami as the base infantry (gonna be interesting. Yep, they look pretty much... irregular equipment-wise)
    • a Lasiq Sniper (resculpt)
    • a Barid Hacker (resculpt)
    • a Nadhir (new)
    • the RedFury-toting "jumper" is Hassassin Bokhtar, and he looks way like high-mobility HI. So, obviosuly something new, and something Hassassin :D
    • plus - just as I expected - dr. Rouhani is coming in the Dire Foes box.
    On top of that:
    • I'm still wondering how they're intending to tie-in Pandora (she looks way like a HVT...) and Helen of Troy. If they're just HVT... that's fine. I guess write them to be relevant to the Hassassin part could be tricky (unless Pandora is actually a sleeper agent of the Hassassins :P but that still makes her more of a HVT than actual combat character...)

17. Lareon

Ok, I'll quote myself with the last speculation

I was very close. I got the Lasiq SWC and Nadhir, while it seems they decided to put the Daylami as baseline troops (maybe regular in C1 and irregulars in N4?) but not the Ghulam. No asawira sadly, but they put an HI (?) combat jump troop to replace it. Plus the Barid, lovely.

18. Errhile

Combat Jump or Superjump, judging by the pose (well, or both...?). But yeah, most C1 battlepacks have a combat jumper, so it checks out :)

I'm really curious about what they do to Daylami. Surely they have to be regular in C1, given C1 doesn't cover the irregular Oredr rules. They are also armed in an interesting way:
    • One of the left has apparently a Rifle+LSG combo, albeit in a new incarnation,
    • one in the center packs a CCW and, my guess is, a LSG (new variant, but reminescent of some more modern approaches to the compact pump-action shotgun)
    • one on the right has the same light shotgun, but also some other gun we haven't seen before slung off her shoulder...

19. Lareon

I think the right one has an SMG, maybe a new design.

Anyway, here's the picture of the Haqq Troops:

Rouhani.PNG Barid.PNG Bokthar.PNG Daylami.PNG Lasiq.PNG Nadhir.PNG

Gwynbleidd, saint and Cadwallon like this.
  20. Errhile

I sincerely doubt it. Both Nadhir and Rouhani seem to pack current-pattern SMGs, if with one or another underbarrel attachement (my bet is Flammenspeer on Nadhir, and Flashpulse on Rouhani, unless they alter the profiles available)..
    The gun on the right Daylami is completely different (IRL, I'd say it looks way like some PCC / PDW designs). Also, having a LSG and SMG seems a little... off in game terms. It might be a standalone LGL though, magazine-fed in opposition to revolver or drum-fed LGLs of old.

Nb. I never saw the point behind Daylami LGL... maybe if it had Smoke ammo.

kesharq and Lareon like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation