1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ariadna TAG dreaming

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Keith, Jul 3, 2021.

1. McDevil

McDevil Well-Known Member

Is just how CB works. Now star players are Kosmo, Corregitor and ofc fresh monkey. Then time will come for others players. It is what it is.

Angry Clown likes this.
  2. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

This community at the same time bashes 40k for the constant meta-chasing and then when the same thing is implemented into Infinity, with "new toys/rules/AVA only for the new faction" modus operandi, the answer is "well, it's what CB does, it is what it is, can't help it ".

You could. You just don't want to.

Stiopa and Lucian like this.
  3. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

I'm a long time Nomad player and I felt disgust when I saw Gator and Diablo. Cause that's exactly the stuff that GW would do. And these things just keep piling up, old stuff never updated and new stuff taking its place.

Stiopa, csjarrat and Angry Clown like this.
  4. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

I'm not sure giving a TAG to a sectorial can be considered meta chasing.

Sure, I understand, it would be nice for my USARF to get an official S6/7 TAG, heck, even an S8 monstrosity would be cool. However, it's just not what the sectorial has been about. They got given Blackjacks, maybe if ever the sectorial gets a revamp, perhaps they may get something bigger, especially if they are revamped as part of a story line that sees them buying into TAGs somehow. As it stands, it would nice to have a TAG for USARF, but it's not part of them so I'll accept that. If I want to use a TAG, I can play with many other factions.

Gwynbleidd, Savnock and McDevil like this.
  5. McDevil

McDevil Well-Known Member

Nah it is not even close to mighty GW bs. Mentioned sectorials and MO gets big boxes recently. So some focus make sense cuz hype is there. New players and veterans jumping to new armies.
    We can be like pout-pout Nauda fish. Or just enjoy hobby.
    Adding new troops is tricky, how many times peoples was upset that new unit was trash? Or do Corregitor will dominate tournament scene now?

Savnock and infyrana like this.
  6. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I think that has gone long enouph, it can stop.

chromedog likes this.
  7. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I doubt it, none of the new additions has fixed the shortcoming of Corregidor or added something they never had, it will remain a highly competitive sectorial as it always was, but it has not shifted in power.

8. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

Corregidor got some cool new toys, but has surprisingly restricted link composition. Even though they have insane of what they can put in those links.

I started Tinkering with a stand in for Ariadna's new TAG. Unfortunately the model I really want to use as a stand in is impossible to find anymore, and the new manufacturer is both unknown and not selling yet according to the previous manufacturer.

Had an old Imperial Guard Sentinel. So I kit bashed some additional leg armor, missile mounts, and MG.

It's bulky but is still is inside the S7 silhouette.

20220326_142824.jpg

9. holycannoli

holycannoli Dancing to Kazak Kalinka

I'm not an employee of CB. But I wouldn't be shocked if this was due to the switch to Siocast pushing the Ariadna tag down the production pipeline. Still need a c1 tag box, and we have this chunky boy.

Lots to comment on here. But the FRRM was the first sectoral to get mothballed, and their current state is from CB having some growing pains learning on how to shelf a range. Their rules are pretty clearly a translation to current rule sets vs hard updates. Why they seem so bland.

That said, FRRM was supposed to be the more technologically advanced of the Ariadna 3 pre-kosmo if I'm not mistaken. Something something we buy foreign kit. If they were to get some TLC I can see them getting a Chernobog variant. Lore wise I assume the French sector, having been the space elevator owners, might be funding a lot of these colonies responsible for the bog. Foreign components, space, sounds like bog territory to me.

So let's get back to tag speculation for our Cherno-baguette. The profile of the bog makes me suspect the missle pods are optional on the mini, and with a big old hmg like that I'd be willing to say it's a foreign made multi hmg. Hey look it's different, and bad the FRRM feel of "ariadna that doesn't want to be ariadna," Rules wise. There's also options like making the missle pods full on Uragans. Hey look, there's a distinctly flavored TAG without needing a entirely new release.

If anyone in Ariadna were to get a bog. I'd vote for FRRM to give them a toe not stepped on too harshly at this point. Not a "CB lazy," argument as much as I think it'd be a nice thing to do for the FRRM loyal who stuck around through the thick and thin. Tourney reports tell us that you nutcase are out there.

Savnock and csjarrat like this.
  10. ShadowDrake777

Rember the Exhra! I much prefer the MRRF treatment over the Exhra extinction.
    I picked MRRF first then CHA, My PanO dodged it by not going Shock. Shas lingered for awhile, sad i couldn't get in on Defiant.

csjarrat likes this.
  11. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Nah, Jazz added stuff they never had and she's basically an auto-include now. It has definitely shifted in power.

12. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

N4 caused CJC to go from the worst Nomad hacking sectorial to the best, and it added White Noise to their tool kit.

Hecaton likes this.
  13. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

OH MY...what a thing of beauty!

ChernoBogA.jpg

14. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

*In gravelly world weary voice*: “Metal Gear!”

But it IS a very pretty TAG.

15. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Love it.

16. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

So Beautiful!! Well done, CB!

17. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Holy hell, that's exactly what the Doktor ordered! :o

I'm a bit iffy about the crotch-pods limiting leg movement, knees banging against them, but I think they would be separate pieces for configuration like on drones, so maybe transplanting them higher would be doable.

18. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

It could be worse.. it could be an open air cockpit for a pilot .... moving on swiftly.

I'm really pleased to see this has come about, great looking concept - very much taking Ed 209 and giving it an Ariadna look. All that awaits now is for some animator to animate the thing wobbling and falling down the stairwell !

Ok, so what do I have to do for CB to push this TAG's availability into USARF? I guess I'll have to do a weak Vanilla AriadUSARFa force if not.

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  19. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

Honestly, by the time a USARF do-over comes around, I hope USAriadna has made it's own variant, maybe trading out weapons for more armour or something. Maybe even just beef it all the way up to S8 in stereotypical "bigger is better" philosophy to accommodate some extra toys...

20. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

English writing but not USARF legal? Wack.

Honestly I'm really not that impressed. You can get an AP HMG for far cheaper and the insistence on giving Ariadna stuff Battle-Ravaged profiles limits their durability since they can't be repaired as effectively.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation