1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[MILITARY ORDERS TACTICS] Quo Peregrinatur Grex Pastor Secum ["300pts Box" WiP 06/04/19]

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by eciu, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

Oh hell yes. Definitely would love it if they went this way. Especially if they did a split box too perhaps with Yuriko and Konstantinos in it. Would be super sweet. Damn, I need to stop wishing for things that will empty my wallet further…

2. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

Given apparently Yuriko would prob be remade soon, Yuriko vs Konstantinos + grandmaster (HVT and "normal" profile) would be a very good Dire Foes indeed with the right lore.

3. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

The very next direfoes must be Haqq (Laila or Yasbir) Vs Aleph (Thrasimedes or Thrisa)

4. QuantronicWombat

QuantronicWombat Well-Known Member

Or possibly Rahman Rouhani + Gaspar and Trisha + Duchess, if Dire Foes Gamma: Xanadu Rush is an indicator of anything.

Henshini likes this.
  5. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

But Rahman is in RTF and Trisha in OSS, and the Dire Foes boxes of the previous 2PBP were all corresponding with the sectorials. So in this case I'd say that's unlikely, even with Xanadu Rush as a model.

6. fari

forgot about rouhani

More precisely, Operation boxes are for Code One, and Code One army lists could have troops that are not in the Infinity sectorials

7. QuantronicWombat

QuantronicWombat Well-Known Member

Good point!

Also a good point. But I agree with Burlesford. The core box, Beyond box, and Dire Foes box have so far been linked to their respective sectorials. The other releases are either sectorial-agnostic (i.e. support and REM packs) or entirely unrelated to the featured sectorials (booster and TAG packs). So the Defiance heroes won't likely feature in the next Dire Foes.

That does make me wonder when we'll see the next PanO Dire Foes release (or even the other Defiance heroes). They seem to release them once or twice a year, with one always connected to the Operation box. Makes me wonder if the Grandmaster will be a single blister release with a new profile, like Mendoza.

8. Blindcrow

Blindcrow Member

Ok, so Grand Master is an HVT in a July character pack along with nice looking Hawkins and the Curator - . Now to find some uses for Hawkins, I haven't made a list yet where I'd need him.

eciu and Stiopa like this.
  9. fari

Nice looking Hawkings? Are you sure about that?

10. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I thought of Hawkins as a textbook example of solution in search of a problem, but I think he's actually kinda neat. Jack-of-all-trades package, cheap enough to fit him without too much of a problem. He mightg work well as a heavy piece in a light Duo or Haris I'd like to push forward. And I agree that the mini is nice, that Multi Pistol looks great.

Firellon likes this.
  11. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Hawkins does remind me quite a bit of the typical ork boy pose. Choppa raised, slugga pointing forward, head slightly hunched between the shoulders (probably a byproduct of the heavy armor). With a bit of work and a helmet he'd probably look fine and I love that multi pistol sculpt!

eciu likes this.
  12. fari

strange neck posing, helm attached to the belt, horrendous drum pistol...

13. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Hawkins is strange. Had he not have a wildcard status, he would be totally obsolete.

Hawkins seems to be missing "something", like sensor or his Berserk which disappeared somewhere.

In general PanO should have much more MMRs, probably MO would be a good place to switch some Spitfires to MMRs (just after Nisses).

Even now I don't have an immidiete idea where would he fit. Some Teutons Haris ? But is his MMR with that much more than Spitfire ?

#813 eciu, Apr 28, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
  14. Stiopa

Better ammo, but Teuton Spitfire has NCO, which is not a minor consideration. Maybe a Crozier Haris, something like this?

[​IMG]3
    HAWKINS MULTI Marksman Rifle / MULTI Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 36)
    CROSIER Combi Rifle, Blitzen, E/M Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 13)
    INFIRMARER Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon. (0 | 25)

0 SWC | 74 Points

It has versatility and is able to move a Doctor up the field. Although I still think that Infirmarers are a poorly executed idea.

15. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

I refuse to use stupid Infirmes.
    I would go with Crosier paramedic and maybe teuton. And again you have to take Knight Commander so that Spitfire NCO wins with Hawkins MMR.

MO lists are now only made with 2 steps:
    1) Decide if your LT is Joan or Knight Commander
    2) Depending on 1) you build doom link or take TAG or some NCO for 2nd combat (KotHS or Teuton Haris NCO).

The end.

Oh and it would actually make more sense to give Konstantinos a MMR (in exchange of that fucking outregous combi+Assault pistol) instead of creating a Hawkins as he is now.

Stiopa likes this.
  16. Stiopa

That's why I decided to stop playing PanO, even though I do like current MO

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  17. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

About what we saw... Curator + Magister are Ok. Hawkins dislike me a lot, but I will wait until I can see in "miniature", because sometimes renders don't make justice to the figure. About the box... While I'm a collector I have too many OM miniatures which become obsoletes, "old montesas", "old magisters", "old SO some"... so, probably I will choose to do some transformation. I'm playing right now as Hawkins the old "Sepulcre" which is an amazing model to become "this character".

Hawkins profile... it was to me "a little to plain" as CB tends to do Panoprofiles, but with berserk it has something else, some true difference with regular hospitallers, but without ... it become another "knight" with MMR instead other weapons. Don't get me wrong, I believe MMR is a good weapon, but having a different weapon is the "trademark" for Pano characters? Nothing more? It is sad.

Maybe is only that we are old players and become tired of some things.

I feel almost like you, but I'm not ready to "give me up" on Pano. Occasionally I will play with then: leagues, friend matches... etc.

Yesterday, for example, I played OM against Morats and I did use of Hawkins, he did well, but... I pretty much won every face to face roll, so, it was an unrealistic battle test. I hadn't too much fun... A thing really happends to me too often while playing Pano... I tend to be the lucky or the unlucky guy, but only a few matches are "balanced", if I play other armies I rarely had the same feeling. I don't know if it is my perception or reality.

18. Blindcrow

Blindcrow Member

Yeah, it's weird. Hawkins had Berserk in the preview but lost it. I saw it being asked in the bugs topic, if it is intentional, but no answer to that.

I had some success in using Teuton Lt. But I agree, I'd love Konstantinos with MMR.

19. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

As far as I remember it has been answered that the removal of berserk is correct.

Urobros likes this.
  20. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

I’m never giving up! Minis are too nice to look at. I’m wouldn’t quit panO even if we lost all our shooting abilities and fancy knights! Although that would certainly make me salty… I like the knights.

Urobros and Blindcrow like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation