1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ariadna TAG dreaming

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Keith, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

2. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

oh please CB just give that tag to all aridna sectorials, that machine is so sexy! if you need to justify having them outside of KOS you can give them their own patches and minor variations in stats

#102 dhellfox, Mar 26, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2022
    Kreslack likes this.
  3. Angry Clown

Angry Clown Well-Known Member

Why cant we have it in TAK.

4. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

For several reasons, first and foremost it is logistics, Kosmoflot uses many advanced technology that the rest of Ariadna forces deem too expensive and finicky to bother with, secondly manufacture capabilities and theater of operations, Kosmoflot uses these vehicles mostly in the newly established out of planet colonies a theater of operations the rest of Ariadna main forces are not deployed in and is smaller than the proper Ariadna main force.

Maybe in the future and with the manufacturing and logistical and technological capabilities Ariadna acquires as they venture in the stars themselves properly such and more advanced TAGs will become more common in their armed forces, but for now they are a really advanced technological niche delegated in an "experimental role" to a prototype and experimental force.

And yes, Ariadna could buy TAGs from others like the Nomads do, but they chose to be independent and self sufficient relying on things they can manufacture and maintain themselves.

csjarrat likes this.
  5. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Giving a TAG to Ariadna after all those years and then giving it only to Kosmo is such a huge middle finger.

6. psychoticstorm

Why? thematically, narratively and in game universe logic it makes the most sense.

7. Nuada Airgetlam

Loyal customers buying faction after faction (MRRF, CHA, USARF, TAK) and then getting told "hey! that new thing you ALWAYS wanted? Here it is! ... as long as you buy into the NEW-NEW faction!" feels like shit to them. I'd think that's obvious. It's not about in-universe logic, it's about customer relations.

8. psychoticstorm

I think maintaining in universe integrity is more important than giving every sectorial a TAG, as it stands now, Chernobog is a highly advanced (by Ariadna standards) and expensive mechanized unit that manufactured by request of the Kosmoflot and assigned to Kosmoflot an experimental formation that has and tests every advanced and experimental equipment Ariadna has in its expansion to the stars, theoretically in the future of the fluff Chernobog formations or more advanced units can be manufactured in wider production for wider use and find their way in other sectorials.

Besides Chernobog is also available in Generic Ariadna army.

9. dhellfox

isn't it basically a refit of the Caledonian company's produced tessium mining TAG?
    even in our timeline there's a long history of (especially in lower budget/tech) millitaries taking civilian tech produced in other countries and doing the same:(shortened version) Russia buying jet engines and bluprints from UK after ww2 meant for civilian transports to use in their fighters, "the great toyota war", armored bulldozes, (for laughs) the bob simple tank etc.

wouldn't be too hard for the nations to buy a handful of those locally produced civilian tags and do their own home made retrofits

have to agree on this with ariadna being my primary faction. still stand by my opinion with when kosmo was announced (though will admit with raveneye they have gotten slightly better their own identity) as they had already unveiled 0-12 as a new faction for n4, CB should have spent the time and resources completely fixing/overhauling/ reviving FRRM or USARF.

#109 dhellfox, Mar 26, 2022
    Stiopa likes this.
  10. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Yes following artbook: "The idea behind the Chernobog is Ariadna upgrading their minig TAG 'Cavecrawler' to become a military grade TAG. Unlike other upgrades (like Nomad's Gator) i felt they'd use more rudimentary ways to achieve that."

Personally I have more of a problem with blackjack which is considered in C1 as TAG, while it is not in N4 and in the lore.

11. psychoticstorm

No, it is a militarized version of a variant of a variant of the cave crawler Kosmoflot specifically requested to be developed after the miners in the new colonies made their non military TAGs armed to fend off raids, so it is based on a variant of cavecrawler, but it is a purpose build military vehicle.

12. dhellfox

even if they didnt announce this i was planning to trying to get my hands on a second cavecrawler and do similar conversion to hands and tools though maybe different weapon mountings

you sure blackjack is a tag in C1?, looks like a normal human sphere HI fatsut in the current editor
    upload_2022-3-26_23-24-53.png

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  13. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

I based myself from memory on the box, but yes in the army app, it is HI.

[​IMG]

14. McDevil

McDevil Well-Known Member

That tag and new stuff give own character and flavour for before a little bit boring kosmoflot. What is cool in my book. Lack of hacking and tag in different sectorials make them unique. Don't get that little kid syndrome "gimme me all toys!" syndrome.

15. Nuada Airgetlam

[​IMG]

16. dhellfox

might just be me but i think the sentiment more like "abandon support for the injured vets to prop up the new star player"

Kreslack and Nuada Airgetlam like this.
  17. Nuada Airgetlam

It's virtually the same reaction as when parents of four kids (24, 21, 19 and 16) have always refused to buy anything expensive for the elder three, but all of a sudden then 16yo, their "sweetheart" gets a car and a brand new top of the line gaming computer for their 16th. And when this is communicated as "hey, you kids always wanted cars and computers, right? so we got Debbie (the 16yo) a new car now, it's her own, not yours, but surely you can be nice to her and she might share from time to time!".

That kind of favouritism and middle finger. It's insulting and I can't understand how is it not clear to @psychoticstorm how this comes across.

18. McDevil

McDevil Well-Known Member

Dhellfox. Tak is in good shape and in tha game now, in my opinion. Rest need to wait for they 15 minutes in spot lights. And I hope that they will be given they own cool toys.
    Nauda my dear friend. You sound like pout pout fish. With a pout-pout face. Good book, you should give it a go.

19. psychoticstorm

I really do not see the issue to be honest, I am sorry you feel this way, but in my opinion there is enouph fluff reason for it to be this way.

If it is a consolation as I said above there is always the generic army.

#119 psychoticstorm, Mar 26, 2022
  20. dhellfox

@McDevil i was pointing strongly towards FRRM (that ,not even going into their units as im not overly familiar on their performance beyond what is on paper. as far as i know, received update wise, still uses mk1 handscupts except for a single O:CS para mini) and USARF (that outside of URanger and blackjack, have been summed up in conversations as Ariadna's worst units with no positive notable traits [among ariadna's equivalents])

edit correction: they also got a new mirage 5 sculpt too

#120 dhellfox, Mar 26, 2022
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation