1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Official Announcement] Injected Thermoplastic miniatures

Discussion in 'News' started by Koni, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

That looks very crisp and clean! Loving the ammo belt addition. I may have to steal that idea…

Abrilete and chromedog like this.
  2. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

I've not been the biggest fan of a lot of CB sculpts over the last few years - but when they get it right, I express my approval of them by buying those ones.
    When they release stuff I have no particular like for, I just don't buy them and move on.

Cervantes3773 and Gwynbleidd like this.
  3. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Totally gonna steal that ammo belt idea

4. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

It was a piece of rubber tank tread. Most likely 1/35 as it's the most common scale to get those for here. There were a few 1/8" (3ish mm) wide strips I had in my conversion bits box that I trimmed a short length off. Other times I've used lengths of cable ties for ammo belts.
    Zinge industries also does flexible ammo belts in different sizes and lengths (they come with a metal wire core, too).

Barsik, Errhile, toadchild and 3 others like this.
  5. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

New siocast material is coming for CB miniatures? Maybe... or not, but in any case, there is the instagram of Siocast who made an announcement for a new material and will soon make a live demo from the adepticon.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbgM0fRIrSE/

Willen, zapp, RolandTHTG and 2 others like this.
  6. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

7. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Wait… what?
    Does that mean models will eventually be phased out to siocast?

If that’s the case:

Amusedbymuse likes this.
  8. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Hehehehe, remember when everyone was like "calm down, it's just gonna be TAGs and drones, no S2 models are going to Siocast"?

Tohaaridge Farm remembers ;)

Abrilete and Lady Numiria like this.
  9. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I remember them saying that they were initially sticking with Siocast for larger models, but I don’t recall anyone from CB making strong future promises. In fact, one of the first test models they showed was S2, and the current ITS pack has some small S1/S2 scale peripheral bots for Fiddler in Siocast.

Cervantes3773, saint and Cthulhu363 like this.
  10. Nuada Airgetlam

They literally said they're not doing anything other than TAGs and Drones and other (S3+) Beast and the like in Siocast. The S2 test was specifically mentioned as a capability test AND it was stated that there are no plans to substitute existing models with Siocast ones. Only completely new releases.

Daireann likes this.
  11. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

Bostria explicitly said that's more of one time thing, Infinity stays metal...

12. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

We know that Siocast has announced a new technology, maybe this technology has motivated Corvus to switch to the production of its smaller miniatures (that and the hyper inflation in Spain).

Anyway, let's wait for the seminar, the video should be out soon ^^

13. MATRAKA14

MATRAKA14 Well-Known Member

Siocast = Hard pass

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  14. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I assume you're talking about this: ?

Starting at 6:50, in the Q&A section, Bostria says that right now the plan is to do TAGs, remotes, large beasts, etc, and that there was no plan to convert the entire line to plastic. I took that as a statement of current intent, not a promise to never make smaller figures in plastic. Perhaps we interpreted his words differently.

15. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Also, having now watched the seminar video, I can see that there are still no announced plans for general release S2-scale siocast models.

There's a special tournament pack that has unique siocast Sargosh and Zeta figures in it. This to me is very much the same as the siocast Jackbots in the current ITS pack.

16. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

I have a feeling that siocast S2 general releases will become a reality soon

Lady Numiria likes this.
  17. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

New siocast (special ITS pack) :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a video of Siocast talking about their new technology (and that should be used by CB I guess), SD quality unfortunately.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CbgT32TIAz-/

#1097 Wizzy, Mar 25, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
  18. Nuada Airgetlam

Yeah, fair. But since this was in response to urging on the Forum and FB with questions about shift to Siocast being much broader in time, this comes across as very callous if their intent was "Nothing will go to Siocast now... BUT IN SIX MONTHS MAYBE".

Especially since "release plan six months ahead" was surely known at the time.

19. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

Let us hope then that the Siocast is kept to the larger models and Warcrow for now. I will be interested to see Sargosh's Siocast quality. But for myself, I will be one of the many who will avoid S2 models in siocast for as long as I can.

20. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Wasn't it Nuada who found werewolves in siocast and said they were of great quality? Also, knowing that the new hard siocast tech could be better and that corvus belli gained in experience since their 1st wave, we should have a good feeling no ?
    At least we'll see what Sargosh gives in mass production.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation