1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Official Announcement] Injected Thermoplastic miniatures

Discussion in 'News' started by Koni, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

I think siocast is better for the forms of life creatures. So it is good if it worked with bearpod.
    Mold lines are more visible on mechanisms and on such geometric forms at my taste.

Golem2God likes this.
  2. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

crappy chinese phone camera, so... Not glued or clean, remember. It's okay quality for me IMG20220114180847.jpg IMG20220114180943.jpg IMG20220114181230.jpg IMG20220114181239.jpg IMG20220114181258.jpg IMG20220114181511.jpg IMG20220114181946.jpg

I found this on the package and i think at first the hammer's handle was broken, but it seems to be ok, so maybe is just plastic debris
    IMG20220114182135.jpg

3. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

Thank you! I am sure a lot of people will find this beneficial one way or the other. Sure, there are mould lines to clear up - but nothing beyond redemption that I can see and certainly nothing that most other resin or metal models don't have. I wish you luck working with the material, it's given me a bit of hope towards picking up the Vostok too.

Could be debris, I'm sure someone will help chime in on that for you :)

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  4. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

These look great! A few mould lines but nothing serious or difficult to clean up. Hope mine is as nice as this! I think the piece you found is just debris as nothing looks broken on the miniature.

5. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Yeah, it looks promising. I think I'll order one for my own collection from an FLGS, hoping there are no earlier / faulty copies in rotation. Wish me luck! :D

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  6. Gwynbleidd

I will wish you luck in getting a good copy and also in getting yours faster than I seem to be getting mine! Rang my FLGS today, 5 weeks in and still nothing. Think their supplier is useless.

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  7. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

This looks really fine. I wish the prices would be look the same, and I am happy)

@fari what about the head of the hammer? Does it feel stable?

8. fari

may feel woobly when you touch, but stay firm when shaking

Daireann likes this.
  9. Nuada Airgetlam

Are you going to apologize now at least, or will you "but they're using resin now but for sure weren't before!" shift goalposts again @psychoticstorm?

[​IMG]

10. fari

And the masters will be used by CB? No, so psychotic's asseveration is still valid

11. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

At the risk of starting something stupid. You do realize that 3D prints are resin right?

12. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

So you have an issue with the Chinese manufacturer of the TAGraid content sending resign masters to CB for approval before the manufacturer makes the molds for them?

13. Gwynbleidd

@psychoticstorm said; “I see no shifting goalposts, I know CB does not use preproduction resin, anybody who has done their factory tour will tell you they make master molds directly from the 3D prints, master miniatures are in metal and there is no resin casting equipment in the factory.“

I also don’t wish to start something stupid but what @psychoticstorm said rings true in the message that was posted as the message says that they will make the molds from the 3D resin prints. The resin isn’t produced at CB, it’s done out of house and CB will use the master molds made from these 3D prints to create the metal minis (or in this case plastic).

chromedog and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  14. Nuada Airgetlam

Of course not, but do go on, twist some more. It's hilarious to watch, to be honest.

15. Nuada Airgetlam

Like I said above, that's a goalpost shift. The whole thing started with psychotic storm denying "resin masters" exist at all anywhere in any, in house or out, CB process. Then he shifted goalposts to "master molds from 3D prints", now it's "but it's the Chinese, not CB themselves", and he keeps going.

Of course I do and using 3D prints to create moulds is one thing while the existence of resin cast master copies like the high quality proof ones above is a worldwide preproduction industry standard - which Angel Giraldez mentioned painting in some early model cases for cover art and the existence of which psychotic keeps denying. Because somehow he knows better than the painter. Smh...

16. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Some days I like to remember that the first rule of holes is “stop digging”.

17. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I specifically said CB does not use resin masters for their miniatures production and it is highly impossible for Angel to have said he has painted resin masters for CB given CB does not use resin masters in their production process, I do not see an issue with another manufacturer contracted by CB to cast models for them to use resin masters and I do not see what the issue is they sent resin masters to CB for approval.

And I honestly cannot figure out what your issue is with it?

18. Gwynbleidd

:joy: This made me laugh quite a bit. Good advice too.

19. Nuada Airgetlam

It's pretty clear by now. Sigh.

20. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Why is it so difficult to understand the difference between PRODUCED BY and PRODUCED FOR...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation