1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Official Announcement] Injected Thermoplastic miniatures

Discussion in 'News' started by Koni, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Seems you like to pay full premium price for "we're only learning how to cast them" quality of miniatures and getting same miscast shit several times as "replacement".

Stop virtue signalling how "patient" and "understanding" you're supposedly are. You're just unquestioningly eating up whatever the company will do or produce and complaining that others do not appreciate being spoon-fed bullshit like the melt-neck Vostoks or variable hardness plastic.

LaughinGod likes this.
  2. Nuada Airgetlam

They don't. They did with the metals, they might say they're trying now, but with Siocast it's not a given anymore.

They kept sending out meltnecks to people, they kept them in rotation in stores, they've replaced a broken Vostok fin body with two bodies with one broken fin each. I've seen people give up on replacement after several attempts and just ask for a full refund.

There's only so much of the customer's time and good will they can waste.

3. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Didn’t you say you got replacements for the over 30+ Vostoks you handled?

4. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Let’s not bring up “facts”, shall we?

5. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

Admittedly I can’t speak as to how CB is handling the siocast issues as I haven’t really had any. The issues I had so far with siocast were minimal and I was able to deal with them. (Still waiting on my bearpode).

My experience with Corvus Belli’s ability to take care of a customer’s problems is based solely on my experience of how they dealt with my metal miniature issues. Which they did with speed, care and no shortage of politeness. My only experience with their customer service on siocast is what I’ve read so far and from what I can see, CB do indeed deal with these problems in much the same manner.

If the way in which they address the problems inherent in a number of their siocast miniatures is the same as how they deal with the metal ones then for my part, my goodwill isn’t going anywhere and I have a very large tolerance for time with miniatures. (I’ve seriously waited years for GW to redo the Khorne space marines. Still waiting… lol.).

All I will say In any further defence of the issues being seen is that it is early days yet. In the grand scheme of things it hasn’t really been that long since CB released their first siocast mini. We’re on the second release now. I would like to wait a while longer and allow more miniatures to be made before declaring it a fail.

I cannot speak for other customer’s time and goodwill. How much they’re willing to put up with and for how long is up to them to decide. All I know is that for me; I don’t mind the wait when it comes to replacing a defective/broken mini. I’ll also say I don’t mind the price as if I want it, I’ll pay for it. (I’ll just whine about it quietly afterwards).

6. Nuada Airgetlam

"if the company in question didn’t replace any defective product without issue"

Did you read everything I wrote about the improvements / quality of those replacements and why there were 30+ in total or just skimmed and ran over to post this?

7. Nuada Airgetlam

As if you ever did.

8. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

Wow. First you get on a high horse and accuse everybody here for lack of patience and tolerance and now you are using sarcasm to accuse someone you don't even know of lying. How cute.

CAnon likes this.
  9. Nuada Airgetlam

I've never seen this user actually participate in a conversation here. Maybe in topics that didn't interest me and I barely browsed them, if at all.

All I see in the News section from him is drive-by snark and unveiled accusations towards various users, but he seems to be targeting my posts with particular vitriol. If we had a moderation team, he'd be long gone, but it is what it is.

10. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

It is still surprising that such a huge volume of bad models passed from your hands, my two Volstoks were fine, waiting to start working on my Zonds and Polaris tomorrow that I will finally have some time to work on models, but again I did not observe any noticeable issues.

From casual browsing looking for Siocast discussions, I have not seen people discuss in any particular manner, positive or negative Volstoks or Bearpods, definitely I have not observed what you describe above regarding customer service.

11. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Last altercations have been removed, the thread is under review.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  12. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

Boo. I missed it all.

13. Morray

Morray Well-Known Member

Well boys, I've had a brilliant Vostok, two bloody amazing Jackbots (Seriously asfter pinning and gluing the heck out of Krazy Koalas, Fast Pandas and Zondbots, the jack bots were a freakin dream! And I LOVE the little lads) And my Transductor Zonds are perfect. I LOVE metal miniatures, and I have to weigh down the bases for the right feel, but if this is the direction CB are going I'm blooming happy as Larry. Also, let's not forget the New Remotes box were actually cheap! flippin #cashback

14. LazyBrush

LazyBrush Well-Known Member

-shills
    +photos

Mogra, Pierzasty and Nuada Airgetlam like this.
  15. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

Glad you got a good sculpt! I too am used to the weight of metal minis from CB but I will adapt. I did it when GW changed to resin and plastic, I can do it again. How was the texture of your Vostok? Mine felt a bit rubbery but others have reported sculpts being very soft.

16. Morray

Morray Well-Known Member

Haha, you serious? @Morrayz on Twitter come join me bud. X

17. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

Quoting so you can't delete it when you're sober.

18. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Glad to hear you’re happy with them! Tracks with what we’ve been seeing in our nuclear and extended meta.

Cthulhu363, Morray and Gwynbleidd like this.
  19. Morray

Morray Well-Known Member

Yea man, seriously pumped for them. I paint to a high level and I've found them so much easier to work with. But each to their own aie, can't please everyone...be them painters or not :grimacing:

Cthulhu363 and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  20. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

This thread is becoming a bit of a joke.
    The most ardent critic here has not posted a single photo of their own despite handling "over 30+" defective models.

So let's not pretend that anyone that doesn't post photos can't have an opinion.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation