1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Official Announcement] Injected Thermoplastic miniatures

Discussion in 'News' started by Koni, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

@Nuada Airgetlam
    Is being pathologically bad faith and toxic part of the mental diagnosis you claim have? :grimacing::sweat_smile:

Holy shit I have trauma from failcast.
    I remember being a young, blue eyed Tomb Kings player, who finally bought the Casket of Souls I always wanted.
    I gave up after returning the product for the 6th time and bought it in metal from a local Facebook market.

For some insane reason, I thought to myself that perhaps they would have improved after a year and bought the Dark Eldar Archon.
    After returning it for the 2nd time and hearing all the stories, I saw a pattern and dropped the model entirely and decided to convert my own.

Vyo, chromedog, RolandTHTG and 6 others like this.
  2. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

Umm... yes? And I’m fine with whoever I buy it from too as I’ve had to deal with issues from pretty much every manufacturer I’ve ever bought from. I bitch about Games Workshops prices and model issues yet I still buy them. There’s no such thing as a perfect miniature, there will always be issues due to their size and current means of manufacturing.

Edited at request.

#762 Gwynbleidd, Nov 30, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    Cthulhu363 and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  3. Gwynbleidd

The tomb kings were all metal for me, I never saw them in resin but I can imagine the issues they may have had. Especially the casket of souls.

Surprised at the dark eldar archon, he was one of the nicer ones I had. No issues with his resin. Again though, my experience with citadel finecast was a brief affair with no problems so my views on it are heavily skewed.

4. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

You seem to be projecting your own issues really hard. I hope you're not suffering as much as you seem to.

5. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Got a Casket of Souls and a Necrotec. Returned them for replacement. Those were as bad as the first ones (holes, bubbles, warped pieces...). Gave up and painted them, but never again bought a failcast model.

chromedog and Zewrath like this.
  6. Nuada Airgetlam

I'm having such a laugh. You couldn't tell you're being mocked for the life, could you? :D

Seem? I think I've been pretty explicit in what I've both praised and bashed the company for. Poor attempt at trying to turn this into a personal thing with Bostria, you need to work on your manipulation 101 a bit more.

Ah, yes, such a caring member of the community. Only has my best on his mind. Touching.

7. Gwynbleidd

No, I really could. I just find it very funny. Instead of any attempt at conversation you immediately jump to mocking. I think I’m the one laughing here. I assumed you were an adult. I seriously doubt it from your actions.

I’ve NEVER see you say a single good thing about CB since I’ve been here. If you only see the negative, there’ll never be anything positive.

Edited at request.

#767 Gwynbleidd, Nov 30, 2021
  8. Gwynbleidd

Damn that’s harsh. In the days of old they’d have let you keep the miscasts and sent new ones. Unless it was bought via the form on the back of the booklet... then things got iffy unless you knew a manager or something.

I’m really finding it interesting with all these failcast stories. I never had a single bad one. Given the nature of the resin I expected it but it never happened for me. But I only bought a small number as I had metal minis and then moved onto the plastics as they arrived.

If they were as bad as this, I’m surprised GW didn’t turn around and just get forgeworld to handle it. It would have taken longer but FW might have had better luck.

9. Nuada Airgetlam

Kindly sod off with your armchair diagnosis.

10. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

A certain amount of effort to clean and prep a mini is just part and parcel of this hobby/pastime/what have you. If it remains within acceptable levels for you, cool. If not, move along. Simple, really.

#770 A Mão Esquerda, Nov 30, 2021
  11. Gwynbleidd

Glad to.

Edited at request.

#771 Gwynbleidd, Nov 30, 2021
  12. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Well-Known Member

I can't stop amusing, how metaphoric this discussion became. Judging by your userpics it's definetly 2 wolves battling over. Like voices of calm appreciation and rabid rejection.

UpirLihi, WiT?, Gwynbleidd and 3 others like this.
  13. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

"There are two wolves inside you. Both are autistic." - Sun Tzu

14. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Personal insults are not allowed and I think in particular they have gone a step too far, I would appreciate relevant posts to be edited by their posters.

chromedog likes this.
  15. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Vulnerability (Total)

Not suspending and then banning posters for bad behaviour makes short term sense, as it encourages flame wars and clicks. It makes poor longterm sense, however, as the larger community is driven away into other groups by the hostility of CB's official forums. At a time when the game seems to be growing and widening its base, I'd urge a rethink on this approach.

ETEA, Nat Lanza, chaos11 and 10 others like this.
  16. The Spanish part of this forum is practically dead (you can even remove the "practically"). In Spain if you want to talk about Infinity it is done in any other forum or telegram group or any other social network instead of in the official game forum. The policy of no-moderation and no-ban on the forum don´t help to be otherwise.

If the main option to talk about a game is not its official forum ... something is going wrong somewhere.

#776 Pettynyt Pelaaja, Dec 1, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2021
  17. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

The current GW resin stuff is pretty substandard. And of course, some models are still metal, I assume because they have a bunch in a warehouse.

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  18. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

That's actually a misconception.

Forums, generally speaking, are an outdated premise.

ActivisionBlizzard are no longer maintaining their forums in any meaningful way, as Twitter is their main way for making announcements and patch notes, along with their client.
    This is also the case with Riot Games and Ubisoft.
    ID Software literally only communicate via Twitter or Youtube (with patch notes on their client).

And these are just examples of the largest communities in the entire world.

Frankly, there's no point in having a forum.
    They are high maintenance, requires moderation and staff.
    It's much more easy for a company to outsource everything to a platform they themselves do no maintain or have responsibility for (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc.).
    A company will also be free of insufferable lunatics who will actually go out of their way to make unhinged claims about moderators being pro-rape because they wont remove content that the unhinged person doesn't like.

Also, it's also just easier for the fans/customer/normies to access their favourite hobbies/interests on a platform they already use daily, rather than having to go to a seperate browser.
    This is what I call the Walmart-syndrome (it probably has a more grown-up name). Why go to a seperate shop to buy clothes, meat, cheese, toys when you can just get it all at Walmart, while you're doing your grocery shopping?

Lastly, and this one is important, nothing drives a community better than passion.
    Discord groups like Vaul or the Infinity Global League works so well because it's driven by passionate people who understands how a community should work, which will drive more people to that group in the long term.

To some extent, I would argue that Marketplace of ideas is also a thing.
    An example would be several Warhammer/Necromunda related facebook groups I've been a member of since the dawn of Facebook. Pretty much all have collapsed due to political talks, drama, accusations and so on.
    So basically the big one that is left of for example Necromunda is Necromunda Underhive - Gang War Community, which has survived only due to the fact that the mods have taken the stance that as soon as anything political is being made (no matter if it's Left or Right), the thread/comment will be nuked from orbit with no warnings or prior notice.
    As @Time Bandit correctly points out, this had an initial short term effect of moaning and drama but eventually, over time, literally no posts is ever made that has anything else to do than Necromunda related posts.
    In fact, this has led to people with ANTIFA logo's on their profile can have friendly and passionate conversations about Necromunda to people who have Ancap flags in their profile (something which a large section of WGC Infinity and some toxic/virulent users on this forums have otherwise stated was impossible).

This is what I mean with that there's an element of marketplace of ideas to the example of above.
    The users in the market demand Necromunda and Necromunda-related content and as soon as the supplier brings anything else than what's on the demand, people will migrate away to other groups that are willing to supply that demand, with none of the baggage they never asked for.

19. Nuada Airgetlam

Good luck easily retaining information like FAQs, rule interpretations by designers, topical miniature painting galleries and so on, on social media like FB or Twitter. Same for conducting and retaining extensive discussions about rules design and fluff of the game. Also, good luck with continuity of the information should the non-company controlled media shutdown or purge content for whatever reason (scandal, buyout, shutdown, your media is suddenly unwanted, so on).

Big centralized Forums are still relevant, especially where information retention and creative discussion is the goal - Bolter & Chainsword for 40k, RPGnet for pen-and-paper RPGs but also most other nerdy kinds of media and topics, multiple RPG publishers still sustain proprietary Forums as well. Then there's the popularity of centralized and moderated quasi-Forums like all of the Reddit branches, where basically any game, any system, any genre and topic have their own "Forum".

Time and again users conclude that "dynamic" social media of the FB/Twitter kind are decent enough for asking questions and getting immediate response or "fire and forget" sharing of ideas or art, but absolutely awful at retaining and referring to information. Which leads to these FB groups being spammed with the same questions over and over, for example, while the personal and unique art vanishes. buried under heaps of spam posts. The pros of "static" social media like a Forum or Reddit cannot be underestimated by anyone who has been around the nerd culture for more than 5 years and paid any attention to its development.

20. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

Edit: Read the following in Sir David's Attenborough voice for the full immersion.

Dear spectators, here you can see a wild Nuada in his natural habitat when he is doing something very rare, to the point of unthinkable to some of you. He is in fact praising CB for maintaining official forum, a marvelous sight to behold.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation