1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Official Announcement] Injected Thermoplastic miniatures

Discussion in 'News' started by Koni, Jul 29, 2021.

1. nazroth

nazroth 'well known Nomad agitator'

Sciocast is just so easy to work with. I love this revolutionary material. I guess studio painter also loves it.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

redeemer and MATRAKA14 like this.
  2. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Not to mention his copy was surely preselected for best possible quality due to the purpose it's for. And yet.

OTOH, if they ALL have only those issues, then it's a big progress from the Vostok. Eager to see raw unpainted, unmodified images.

3. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

Please clarify the level of sarcasm in the quoted post, my detector is broken.

4. Nuada Airgetlam

Please adjust to High.

When even the propainters hired to do product cover paintjobs cannot hide the flaws of Siocast, it means there are no issue-free copies of the model at all.

5. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

I didn’t need to adjust, I could actually FEEL the sarcasm, lol.

It doesn’t necessarily mean there are no issue free ones though... they just may be rarer than Rhodium. I will wait with baited breath for mine to arrive. I believe it’s next week, assuming wayland games have the preorder date correct.

Edit: despite the issues on the ear and weapons I do really like the mini. I was far more concerned about issues on the armour and around the mouth. As stated, waiting until mine arrives.

6. nazroth

nazroth 'well known Nomad agitator'

Straight up through the roof - my default may I say so myself.

For what it's worth I do not believe the issues we see are worse than with metal miniatures. It's just that in context of material being harder to work with, these same issues are worse to deal with. As can be seen in the official cover pic.

Pierzasty likes this.
  7. Gwynbleidd

Oh, I do agree. I’ve seen slip cast on quite a few of the metal minis. The boyg in particular had a bad one down the missile launcher. I’m just hoping that CB have gotten more to grips with the technology and we see far less issues. I mentioned being concerned about the mouth area on the bearpode as one or two antipodes had gapping when assembled (though I repaired that with green stuff). The antipode that comes with a Strelok went together flawlessly just to troll me.

#667 Gwynbleidd, Nov 21, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
    Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  8. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

The only evidence that provides is that CB still hasn't realized that they should have modelers put the figures together correctly (and properly cleaned up) for the studio painters. But that's a problem that dates back to having the Combined Army flying bug drones with their wings put on backwards. :popcorn:

Dragonstriker and Cthulhu363 like this.
  9. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Weird, people were adamant CB uses 3D prints for their store photographs a while ago, never the actual product.

10. Nuada Airgetlam

Weird, something that has been true as stated by Angel Giraldez several years ago and with metal miniatures may not be true with the current studio painters and new Siocast miniatures! Perplexing how that works!

Also, seriously, you're a fucking mod and you're shitposting to troll me as a user? Fucking disgraceful, but completely explains the state of the Forum.

redeemer likes this.
  11. psychoticstorm

I am still waiting for the place were he said it, as far as I know he painted masters and masters are not 3D prints, but the metal models casted from the 3D prints to make the production molds (hence masters), I think CB using the actual material the model is made of for promotion pictures is obvious.

Cthulhu363 and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  12. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Have you tried pinning?

13. natetehaggresar

natetehaggresar Senior Backlogged Painter Manager

I got a plastic Vostok that cam broken, and the flash and mold lines were worse and harder to clean up then with metal.

But I understand growing pains and in the end of the day these are little plastic / metal men, nothing to get worked up about.

I order the new Nomad remote box and it arrived today. The sculpts are simpler (smaller etc) than y Vostok, but they're S3 so that makes sense. The flash/mold lines etc are worlds better than with the Vostok, I'm quite satisfied. Sure with more practice quality will continue to improve.

Cthulhu363 and RolandTHTG like this.
  14. psychoticstorm

Please, if you have not used the replacement service for the Vostok, use it.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  15. psychoticstorm

Would you pin something so small though? would a Green stuff (with superglue?) be a viable alternative attachment?

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  16. Gwynbleidd

Yes, green stuff plus superglue works as does cutting the nub down so you have a larger surface area and then drilling and pinning. I’ve also seen magnets used but due to the weight of the model they are prone to falling off. I would love to see an updated sculpt of these, they’re ancient by now.

17. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

you are free to leave at any moment

18. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

I tried to drill a slightly deeper groove in the body of the Pangguling to fit the gunbelt itself into but it kept coming unglued from the lightest touch and eventually I lost my patience (it doesn't help that the flimsiest part of the model is also the place that your hands naturally touch when you try to pick it up). I'm honestly not sure I'd be able to find a tiny enough bit of wire to effectively pin the gunbelt, let alone a bit that would be able to drill a tiny enough hole in the belt.
    IMG_5713.jpg
    This is my smallest pin vise bit next to the gunbelt, which essentially needs to glue flush onto the mini the way it's designed (e.g. out of the box - it's painted because it broke off again after priming, which is the point I gave up on it). If I ever do this again, I might 3D print a feed mechanism of some sort that would make it easier to put together.

19. Nuada Airgetlam

Stop reading my posts, block me. Is this some kind of a compulsion you have? Or nascent stalking habit?

20. Nuada Airgetlam

Keep waiting, he said it in a few of the hundreds of painting videos. If you're curious, go and look yourself.

And I believe I said "resin casts", "resin copies" off the master moulds, right? Where the hell are you coming up with "3D print" now?!

Stop fucking lying.

Would you now please stop making bullshit up?

Only to a person who has absolutely no idea about commission painting preproduction models.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation