1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tag Raid Huntress

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Triumph, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Profile for the new Huntress available to Vanilla and White Banner. I snipped out the non YJ profiles. Unclear on what fireteams she goes in for the FTO profile... but she's irregular so not really sure that's even a good thing. She seems like a reasonably useful profile for both Vanilla and WB though, extremely dangerous camo marker while cheap enough to throw away as a trade piece.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Golem2God, Dragonstriker and redeemer like this.
  2. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

Considering the fact that Spanish version has 20cm FD instead of 2" it may be classic 8" FD. If that's the case then YJ exclusive profile looks quite nice, 16 pont camo mimetic cc monster with 20" deployment is at least worth trying. Other than that 0swc minelayer is always nice for dz protection.

3. Triumph

If that's FD+8" that's actually disgustingly high value for WB.

4. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

[​IMG] This was linked in another thread about hunters.

5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Looks really good. The Nomad version is the best, IMO, but the Yu Jing fills a niche that White Banner can use (and ISS could've used)

I'm pretty sure the FTO is for Diggers and WhatevertheTAGsarecalled, though so far that makes little sense since there's no sectorial overlap with those.

6. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

That's really funny, cause I, as a Nomads Player, think the YuJing Huntress is the best, because of +1B in CC with an EXP CCW ... that's really good. Nomads gets more good shots, but ... with BS 11, she's not gonna shoot much.

#6 Spitfire_TheCat, Nov 13, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
  7. Triumph

The Nomad one loses the mines though. TBH I like the Yu Jing profile the most out of the faction unique ones.

8. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

She looks fantastic to me! :stuck_out_tongue: I wish I could actually get the figure!

I need to digest the profile a bit but seems pretty good for the points. I'm guessing the FTO will be able to join a team of something. If it's just the digger that's disappointing because WB doesn't get the digger. Only Vanilla. But then again they would probably let her join something we don't care about anyway. Would be nice if Ye Mao. At least they could all use Super Jump then.

I like the cheapest and most expensive. That 16pts is a HI can opener! Man I like!

Golem2God likes this.
  9. Triumph

B2, EXP CCW, and NBW are actually a fairly interesting combo.

Even taking surprise attack out of the equation this combination of skills makes the Huntress 43% to 34% to beat Shinobu in CC.

For her cost she's one hell of a can opener.

10. Mahtamori

The fear factor does it and keeps sectorials from rushing Fireteams all over the place. I'm not sure how much alternatives you've got as a Nomad for that particular combination (camouflage and template weapon) nor at what price, but even in a faction with Hundun and Long Ya I'd probably regularly find a spot for the Nomad Hunter. Playing with both Noctifers, Long Ya and Nadhir has taught me the value of template weapons as a threat mechanic more so than actually hitting things.
    Now, that's not saying the Nomad one is miles and leagues ahead of the Yu Jing one, just saying that I think both are the real good ones. Would you be spending orders on this one over Bran Do Castro? I doubt it, but a cheapskates version when Bran is not needed might be good, no? It's somewhat similar in Yu Jing. I don't see this becoming a staple for Yu Jing considering what we've got access to, but it's a good piece to have as a sort of "tech piece" for punishing overextension.

So it's mostly that I think the Nomad version is better since it is more generally useful.

11. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

She's quite good, and looks like she fills a very JSA-shaped hole. As Mahtamori mentioned, this would have been a much loved piece in ISS, but will definitely see a lot of play in vanilla and WB.

That said, I am starting to get a bit tired of the overabundance of hyper optimized generic mercs flooding the game. At least the faction specific profiles are a slight improvement.

The only problem now is getting a suitable model for one. The one in the Kickstarter looks amazing, but I don't think you can get the hunters separately and I have no interest in the rest of the KS.

#11 Weathercock, Nov 13, 2021
  12. Spitfire_TheCat

Hmm... well, I wouldn't take Bran Do Castro in the first place. But yes, the Template is nice, but then again, I would spend orders on the YuJing Lady, when she is already starting 8" up the board to do some CC. Bran ist pretty expensive and the Yujing-Sheskiin is not. And she's really good.

Maybe it's just playstyle.

But I agree, I think both Ladies have the best Loadout

#12 Spitfire_TheCat, Nov 13, 2021
  13. Mahtamori

Sheskin is an excellent gun fighter first and foremost in my experience, it's very rare that she gets to go into melee with stuff that's not already unconscious, and that's mostly to top up on wounds.

As a side note, the non-Yu Jing Hunters are still close enough to do the melee thing against most targets. I do think, however, that the Pan-O specific Hunter is by far the worst one, and that's not only my contempt at everything Pan-O talking. I'm just not sure the extra burst on the flamer is worth 2 points...

Golem2God and redeemer like this.
  14. Space Ranger

Jing Qo. She's what she should have been.

Golem2God likes this.
  15. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

But I don't like Jing Qo's model.

chromedog and Dragonstriker like this.
  16. archon

archon Well-Known Member

The profiles look very tempting and cheap - even for irregulars. I wonder not only that a tactical bow seems to cost the same as a panzerfaust but I wonder even more, why they all get a heavy flamer (and a PF and Mines). Where is she hiding her heavy flamethrower. I thought playing with fire is the Pan O hunter´s thing ... but lucky the Yu Jing Hunterss (awesome miniature, and yes a bit JSAish) seems the best, if she reached CC ;-) and in WB there is smoke.

I think Jing Qo has a side-job now ;-)

Space Ranger likes this.
  17. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

As I said in the main KS thread, I’d back a beasthunter KS in a heartbeat. Unfortunately the beast hunters and the megabeasts are gated behind the platinum pledge for the game I have zero interest in.
    That’s a shame because I think the beast hunters are some of the most original minis for a long time, especially the YJ lady.

WiT? and Space Ranger like this.
  18. Space Ranger

Ah too bad. I love her. Mostly because she's using a Chinese war sword! Those swords can cut a person in half!

Gotta add the awesome image.

[​IMG]

redeemer and Golem2God like this.
  19. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Guess we need to find a good proxy then. What do you think is best to use?
    True. She does look like a nice mini. I hope CB releases a alternate sculpt of her or another Beasthunter. Perhaps in a different faction's style? Maybe a common Merc design to fit into any faction/sectorial you choose to play with?

20. Spitfire_TheCat

It was meant more ... pose-wise. I mean, all four of them look like they are kitbashed. The YuJing one looks like Sheskiin and the Nomads one like Oktavia.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation