1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Way of the Angry Monkey Fist - The New (post Third Offensive) Morat Tactica

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by DaRedOne, Jan 16, 2019.

1. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

So you actually played well and got a high score? Neat.

I think it's only a matter of trying different things, then? Why not go for a Suryat Lieutenant an a raktorak NCO on the link for better order efficiency?

Why not try a haris with Suryats or Rodoks for added attack vectors?

It's clear you know what you're doing, so it's just about trying new things now.

Metal730 and El tito Zylito like this.
  2. El tito Zylito

El tito Zylito Active Member

mmh yes, you are right next time ill try to leave my zone of confort trying new units and fireteams

that suryat lieut +1 order with raktorak nco sounds pretty interesting..

about the rodoks, because they lost FD, now are more expensive, super jump is nerfed, and lost some profiles with mines.. its a hard blow for me hahaha, they were one of my favourite units in N3 and playing them now in their nerfed version is going to be difficult, but ill try

about yaogats, what do you think? yaogat sniper as solo piece, or trying to make a haris?( i guess a core its out of question) that BS 12 in a 35points model is terrible

did you play a core of datus? i think a haris would be much better

DaRedOne likes this.
  3. DaRedOne

Warcor

I never play datz linked at all. But I usually take 2 on every game. I like them as corner defense and the ocasional hail-mary run on turn 3.

I've used rodoks as a full fireteam in objective heavy missions and they still perform. the hacker is way better now, and sure, they got nerfed, but they're still good at shooting and they can still muck up the midfield.

As for the yaogat... I have tried the haris a few times, haven't tried him solo. I think Solo would work paired with some daturazi for smoke, but then you can't leave him as an ARO piece as a Burst 1 MSR won't do much on your reactive turn.

4. Skjarr

Skjarr EI Mouthpiece

I have run a core of Dats a few times in N3, mainly just for a laugh.
    Its was surprising effective actually. If it got within range it was very nasty, I murdered a Cutter with the mob of screaming maniacs.

It doesn't look nearly as viable to me in N4 though as they hinge on being able to advance under smoke. The loss of the smoke grenade launcher profile hurts their ability to cross ground and the change to MSV1 will also hinder their approach.

#84 Skjarr, Mar 30, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    DaRedOne and Golem2God like this.
  5. jake richmond

jake richmond Well-Known Member

You'll be happy to know the SGL profile is still there.

I got a lot of use out of Daturazi Fireteams in N3. With a Combi rifle or BS they were solid shooters when they needed to be, and once they got close to an enemy they were pretty unstoppable. I'd often run some loose Daturazi as well to fill other roles.

6. Skjarr

Skjarr EI Mouthpiece

You are quite correct. Apparently I can't read!

jake richmond likes this.
  7. DaRedOne

Warcor

I rountinely did the same with a core of Hungries. My Oznat got more TAG kills than any other model in the force. She even killed a goddamn avatar in CC.

The changes to hungries were the only thing that really upset me this edition

8. Smooth Criminal

If you want some mileage out of vanguards consider the FO profile. For 1 point you upgrade their aro potential to using wip 13 instead of bs 11 and their range to 24" making the a decent deterrent that protects the link leading suryat.

DaRedOne likes this.
  9. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

kinda sad that witch soldiers lost their coma devices from N1

10. jake richmond

jake richmond Well-Known Member

Yeah. I was rarely able to make use of it (since it wasn't available in MAF at all), but it was fun the few times it worked. I'd love to see it come back in some form.

11. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

Hey so playing Morats in a TTS event, I knew they were bad but... good god. Jamming against Nomads in a practice game and just the unbelievable variety of tools they get stands in such stark contrast to this army.

What can MAF do that a) is decent and b) vanilla can't just do the same or better?

Lesh' likes this.
  12. Paperclip

Paperclip Active Member

I love the haris of kornak, yaogat MSR +1B and a raktorak. Combined with smoke from daturazis, this haris should clear any aro pieces with visual modifiers that your sogarat or raicho cant deal with. Even by itself, a B4 ap/da dmg 15 should lay down some hurt

13. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

Well... I guess 2022 is Morat year =\

14. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Oh no not that again. It would be terrible if they get the Tohaa shaft treatment. What could be the reason for CB discontinuing all of the those models? A new sectorial or revival of an old one? I'm current worried about their future state.

15. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

Me too! I am not happy about it.
    But may be I am worried for nothing.
    I would be less worried only when at least one sectorial would be back from discontinued state.

Golem2God likes this.
  16. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

It does surprise me considering the models in TAG Raid. Sure, I guess the hunter makes for another limited kendrat proxy.

Golem2God likes this.
  17. DaRedOne

Warcor

GOD-FUCKING-DAMMIT people.

Really, please, take it to somewhere else. If you want to complain, make a thread for it.

I understand the annoyance, and I am 100% with you that Tohaa were given a poor treatment and I would not enjoy having the same thing done to my favorite army.

However, we DON'T KNOW what's going to happen. If we get a last rework before the army is discontinued is one thing. There's also a real possibility those models are just being repacked. We don't know.

Really, chill. Wait for more information, then complain if it's bad.

18. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

I'm sorry if you felt that my comment was a complaint. It wasn't meant as such and certainly not to any degree of requiring such a response.

I will be waiting with hopeful thoughts to a positive future. In the meantime, I'd really like to see a general release of Kendrat :)

Golem2God likes this.
  19. DaRedOne

Warcor

@infyrana I didn't mean you specific.

It's just that this boo-booing was repeated a lot in recent posts, and this thread is supposed to be about how to play MAF, not to complain about something we don't even know exactly how it's going to happen yet.

I'm with you in wanting a general release of Kendrat as I didn't get her model from defiance, and I am a huge fan of big buff ladies in general.

bladerunner_35 and infyrana like this.
  20. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Don't be to hasty in thinking. To me it looks like some new packaging to come. Skus are disc all the time when they get new packaging.

JSA just got an Action Pack so why not Morats?

I'm probably off on my mix but something like below. It turns 8 skus into 2.

Morat Action Pack
    The Morat starter: 3 Vanguard, Sogorat Feuerbach, Oznat, Raktorak
    Then add: Yaogat Sniper, Rodok Missile, Rasyat BSG, Kurgat Autocannon

Then a Booster of: Kurgat BSG, Raktorak VSG, and Suryat HMG

DaRedOne and Golem2God like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation