1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Official Announcement] Injected Thermoplastic miniatures

Discussion in 'News' started by Koni, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Dude, you're hilarious. Say something else, it's top notch comedy xD

2. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

Your opinions are always well thought out, nuanced and taken seriously.
    edit: you said you wanted comedy...

#642 Cthulhu363, Oct 27, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  3. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

With "replace", are you talking about full boxes from the distributor or parts from mispack @ corvusbelli.com?

4. Nuada Airgetlam

We've tried both, neither were able to provide a decent enough model. Replacements also had the very same issues. Once, as I said above, we received a unibody meltneck as replacement for a unibody meltneck. It's really disheartening.

#644 Nuada Airgetlam, Oct 28, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  5. Nuada Airgetlam

How long have CB known about the unibodies being mixed into the shipping batch? They're still selling them, here's another person who got yet another bloody unibody, with loss of detail and a soft bendy rifle barrel.

But, of course, I'm the one making things up and it's not people in denial about how few fucks CB give about quality control.

6. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

CB does not use "lot" numbers (or any similar external ID), so I can understand getting again models with problems from the distributors if boxes with unibody were shipped en masse. But replacement service sending parts with issues... other companies not only send you the right part, they even send gifts to sweeten the situation. You would expect double or triple checks before sending a part to solve a problem.

Abrilete and Nuada Airgetlam like this.
  7. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

Only if true and not fabricated on the spur of the moment to justify shitty whining.

Cthulhu363 and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  8. Nuada Airgetlam

It's absolutely hilarious how it's all the shitposters in utter denial, nodding eagerly at each other :D

What can I say. I love the miniatures, pretty much like the game, I applaud the company and try to cheer them on, but if you asked me what in CB needs to be rebuilt from ground up, I'd be hard pressed to point at anything else than the Quality Control department. That is, if it felt like they even have one.

9. Cthulhu363

Dude, we can all see your "studio's" social media. Between FB and instagram, you have like 10 posts with pics (all GW, no CB) and about 4 likes between them. There's no staff and no volume to handle more vostoks than anyone else in the world. Stop lying.

10. nazroth

nazroth 'well known Nomad agitator'

This reminds me when I purchased SFG's Guild Ball Legacy Ed. Mortiicians, which were supposed to be this high end top quality product, super expensive and all. It turned out to be utter trash, so I placed a complaint and got a replacement...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Was same with Mantic Games Armada just recently. Guess it happens to everyone at some point. In my opinion it is not bad faith at the company's end, just bad QC and/or lack of internal communication. CB used to have a stellar CQ with metal minis. It is strange to see CQ devolve so much with material change. I do hope they will tighten their buttons and get their S together fast.

11. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

Well, now I am not worry about anything.
    New material in today’s representation are not in a good position.
    I just don’t want it. I don’t like it in the end. And it looked fragile in thin places already in many reviews. (positive and not.) so, I wasn’t surprised.

And the prices.
    In my region they are so high, that I can’t let myself my “Back to Infinity”.
    (That’s not a problem of all of us of course and more personal. But it makes me feel, that I don’t want to pay more for cheaper matherial.)
    And new players would see on it with less understanding and wish to play it... (In this moment I hope, that I am not right. That’s my worries. It may be not true, because I knew the better prices. They would not feel such thing)

So sorry. I would watch the game anyway, but for now only as spectator (or if people let me play with them with bread or candy proxies as I mentioned once)

#651 Daireann, Oct 29, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
    Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  12. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

That phrase reminded me of "weeks of high-quality paid content" :D

nazroth likes this.
  13. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

Okay... so being a gigantic skeptic and having a slight amount of OCD and even though I don’t run a nomads list, I went and ordered a pack to see whether or not the Vostok would be an issue as I’ve seen far too many problems being reported here and wanted to see for myself.

It surprised me I’ll admit. The resin wasn’t at all what I expected but the detail was there and quite crisp. There were a few mould lines that were an irritance (even an emery board was of no use) but I managed to remove them. The gun was bent but not significantly and some (very) hot water sorted it. I tested the resins stress level by bending a leg and it did snap but was easily repaired and I’m not sure it’s not something that would have also happened on a metal mini.

If QC have let a number slip through the cracks that have issues then that’s something they do need to address but I was pleasantly surprised with mine and a little impressed. I hope they improve and the bearpode looks stunning. Now I need to find a use for these nomads...

Cthulhu363, RolandTHTG and UpirLihi like this.
  14. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Haven't been on the forums in a couple weeks, just skimmed through the past several pages of this thread. There's not really a conversation going on anymore. I don't see anyone saying that everything is fine with the Vostoks - it's just people yelling back and forth about whether it's a little bit bad or very bad.

Ok, so the Vostok has some issues, CB is getting lots of negative (but useful) feedback in the form of part replacement requests and the survey link they're including in the boxes. There's unfortunately not really a lot more that can be done right now. Even if they completely overhaul the Vostok production, all the models that are already in the retail pipeline will still get bought by people. It's not good, and it's especially frustrating if this was a model that you were looking forward to fielding.

So, if it's too late for the Vostok, what are we looking at next? The Polaris Team is coming out at the end of November, so we'll see what those look like. It's a very different style of model than the Vostok, so some of the issues we're seeing now may not apply (like skinny legs and very sharp and clean mechanical surfaces that highlight mold lines in any material), and other issues that don't apply to the Vostok may show up. If you were looking forward to this model and are now worried because of how the Vostok turned out? It's going to be a bit stressful! But in the end, CB will make a model, people will buy it, and we'll see if there's improvement or not.

I didn't pick up the Beyond box that has the Vostok because I don't play those factions, and I may or may not get the Polaris box for a friend who really likes were-creatures. I am pretty curious about Siocast, though, so I've got some Yedharo models coming in pretty soon. The only things I've previously had from them were traditional resin, but I was able to confirm that the models that I'm getting next are Siocast. I'll be curious to compare the two experiences.

solkan, RolandTHTG and chromedog like this.
  15. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

We also saw the jackbots, which seem to be fine apart from that one broken in the thinnest place. And we also got it confirmed from Muad'Dib that smaller pieces are much easier to print.

We know from that interview with one of their employees (IIRC Pilar), that they cast 3 weeks prior to shipping. So the bearpode should be produced right about now, if they kept the same timing. It's interesting how is it split. I'm almost sure the head is a separate piece and fairly small, so if the jackbots are an indication, head will be good. The rest of the parts...

Next in the pipeline are the Nomad rems, which will be much more similar to the unfortunate vostok and we'll have clearer idea about CB's improvement with the material.

#655 UpirLihi, Oct 30, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
    RolandTHTG, toadchild and Errhile like this.
  16. Nuada Airgetlam

For the Bearpode I'm most worried about mould lines going across lengths of fur detail, which will be impossible to remove, as well as deformed / flash casting "inside" the geometry of the armour plates he has, which will be hard or impossible to reach with a knife for a clean cut.

17. LazyBrush

LazyBrush Well-Known Member

In theory isocast should work with big scales . if they have problems with the bearpode they are F****D, the axe handle , the shotgun part........

18. Nuada Airgetlam

Knowing what we already know about CB's issues with Siocast, the Bearpode really looks like the sculptor's worst nightmare. All those nooks and crannies for hard access flash and mould slip, snapping the thin undercut (!!!) hammer handle... Argh. So worried :\

[​IMG]

Abrilete likes this.
  19. Nuada Airgetlam

I don't need to "advertise" and it's not a vanity project, I don't bother with the social media too much. Our schedule is pretty much full without that, especially with repeat customers. Between this gig and translation, it isn't a primary job for me and I share painting workload and earnings with 3-4 people, keeping enough that it's worth the hassle. It's quite clear that you have zero idea how fast you can crank out about a dozen nice "Nomad Beyond halves" when each of us has an airbrush and at least basic to advanced skills. Even if I had thousands of projects on social media, you'd still never know if it's a single man operation or a basement full of monkeys randomly tossing paint at figs xD

Keep stewing in hate, you make me happy with your pain :D

20. Cthulhu363

There's no stewing and no hate. I just know you're lying. It's cool though. Carry on.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation