1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Official Announcement] Injected Thermoplastic miniatures

Discussion in 'News' started by Koni, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Rejnhard

Rejnhard Well-Known Member

Thank you for elaborating. This kind of experience would certainly result in a... strong response.
    Consider my faith in CB somewhat shaken, though I still hope these are growing pains, and future siocasts would get better.
    I mean if that experience is representative of wider customer base, then they are bound to notice the problem due to all the mispack requests. Sending single parts all over the world again aint cheap for sure. This cash hit probably will get CB's attention far more than the most strongly worded forum post.

nazroth, Abrilete, UpirLihi and 2 others like this.
  2. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

CB is probably using the same PA than all other Siocast users so far. Even the same color. Everyone uses wool from the same batch, and Corvus socks are the ones that get holes earlier than the rest of brands? Meh.

Uh? I have talked about design issues too. So yes, multiple places. The year does not seem the be highly fruitful.

There are plenty of parts that have flowing shapes in current and past models, looking highly scifi. The remote and the weapon plataform break in very boring zones, nothing saying scifi, IMO. The last cool thing in scifi is biomimicry (taken from real science), with parts looking very organic.
    But yeah, it "slipped".
    Just like...

(If it compiles, it ships... computer joke about releasing software because the written code generates a program, which is different than a program-that-works) Casted? Shipped!

I wonder if they are being penny wise, pound foolish trying to earning money from what should be just training (molds, casts and time).

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  3. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

Every single one I have seen online has been bad. So on top of saving a ton of money on materials and casting costs, using a poorer grade material, and screwing up the casts, they PURPOSEFULLY shipped out the flawed casts. There is no excuse, it cannot have been an accident. Attention was called to this weeks before they shipped and you can't tell me they didn't notice this stuff in house. It's not tiny issues, they are huge issues.

So on top of all that they have the gall to charge the same amount as for high quality metals.

Abrilete, Modock and Nuada Airgetlam like this.
  4. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Every Vostok I have seen locally has had issues with deformations, ranging from minor, to major and requiring replacement. If someone told me upwards of 90% of Vostoks had issues I would be inclined to believe them.

Which is unfortunate because with the price of raw metals being what they are we likely don't have very many options here.

Hecaton, AmPm, Abrilete and 1 other person like this.
  5. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was gonna say: the point where the gun-belts connect on my Pangguling broke four times while I was assembling it and I eventually chucked them and am resigned to play without the shotgun and combi profiles. Likewise the Uragan pod on my Traktor Mul attaches via a tiny tiny nub that I had to glue up half a dozen times before it held, and I'm terrified of even dropping it a couple of inches onto the table. For all its potential faults, Siocast breakage is likely the least of our worries.

6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Okay, all things debatable aside, this is just false.

CB has been transparent about this and others in the industry and in adjacent industries have corroborated. The reason for the switch is that prices have gone up on metal making metal miniatures risky and possibly unsustainable in the foreseeable future (or present) without significant price hikes. From all evidence, they are not reducing their costs by switching to Siocast, they are preventing losses, which is completely different.

Don't worry about them having the guts to charge the same for their high quality metals, eventually they'll have to chicken out and increase the price on the metal minis.

7. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

If you didn't notice, they keep creeping the prices up already.

8. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Eh. I'm not even sure they've increased according to inflation. It's really hard to judge when complexity seems to be an important part of the price equation and some of the older miniatures with high complexity are still some of the most expensive per silhouette.

9. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

Nuada, with industrial processes, when a mistake happens, it happens in batches. To use your words - yes someone tossed a whole box of "unibodies" in there, not just one.

Furthermore, this is not the first time when mispacks happen in batches. Few months ago there were several cases when people found the head of Bran do Castro in their marut boxes for example.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  10. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

If people do not submit their mispack claims how can an error be found and fixed?

11. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Flaming here, how else

12. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Well... you'd kinda expect some QC inspection on production runs. The amount of Vostoks with significant issues has been incredibly high that even sporadic QC inspections should've picked this up.

If it was a small number of batches affected sure, but there has clearly been a high percentage of production with glaring issues, and to be entirely fucking honest, the single head piece Vostoks never should've passed initial QA to go to retail. It was clear that mold design had major issues with casting.

#632 Triumph, Oct 27, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
    AmPm, Nuada Airgetlam and Abrilete like this.
  13. Nuada Airgetlam

To paraphrase what Triumph said in much less kind words - how about people in Quality Control doing their actual job in the first place?

Stop pushing the responsibility off onto the customer, ffs.

14. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

How many vostoks have been shipped and how many have had issues? You personally handling every vostok ever or not seeing any good examples online (despite there being plenty of examples) are all anecdotal. Unless we have actual numbers, this is all hyperbole.

15. Nuada Airgetlam

Yes, of course, it's a huge coincidence. 99% of Vostoks are perfect casts and it just so happened that models from across the world and series of models in my hands, as well as their supposed "correct quality replacements" have all had major faults.

I have a bridge for sale.

16. Cthulhu363

Unless you have actual numbers and not your made up anecdotes, this means nothing. Everybody knows you are negative about everything CB, so of course you'll see things in a negative fashion.
    Put the hyperbole away unless we have actual statistics.
    A couple of people bitching, who are known for being negative is not proof. Show me the numbers.

17. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

And ask for replacements, FFS.

18. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

True. Foolish and foolhardy to think well known members would use the designated and prescribed channels quickly and quietly to get the issue resolved. Adding another log to those well known members eternal flame here is far more effective.

Dragonstriker and Cthulhu363 like this.
  19. Nuada Airgetlam

Actual numbers are ~60 samples worldwide, 30+ of which in my own hands, half of those "replacements". None were good items, all had major faults. Customers either gave up on replacing them again or returned both the first and 2nd copy. One of my customers attempted a replacement twice and all three of his Vostoks were duds.

Yeah, that's patently false. I've praised CB often enough when they did things the right way. I even praised them to high heaven for what they managed to do with the shittiest material of all, PVC, in case of the Megalodron. I called it "an obvious work of sculpter's love". And yes, I've always bashed CB's QC, especially in print, because it's historically been shit tier.

But yeah, you can believe what you want.

That's such a cop out, you know all to well that CB will never release such sensitive data as production quota, return quota, etc. Using that to stifle conversation about glaring issues is such a bootlicker move.

Random new users popped up several times here, many more on other social media. Not a single good Vostok in sight, but you still go "nu-uh, CB good, users bad". Naive much?

We did and all we got was more of the same shit, over and over again. Never got a good Vostok without issues from "replacement". Am I supposed to replace them ad infinitum? CB apparently don't have any good Vostoks to send.

Says the eternal troll who never does anything else than "like" drive-by shitposts made by other trolls. Get off that high horse, it's a pig you rode in on.

AmPm likes this.
  20. Cthulhu363

Sure, in your imaginary painting studio with employees that nobody has ever heard of and that you've never posted about, you've handled more vostoks than anyone else in the world. Sure. Ok.
    That's as likely as you saying something positive. You praised the Megalodron, only to use that to bash something else. When you call everyone else a troll, maybe you should look in the mirror dude.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation