1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So can you ARO-bait with Zero-vis zones anymore?

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Hecaton, Sep 24, 2021.

1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

This got changed at least a couple times this edition, but as it stands - if you don't have LoF to an enemy trooper, can you declare a BS attack at them, and then if by the time resolution kicks in it's legal does it work?

2. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

Following - as far as I know people can't agree on this and there hasn't really been an official ruling. I think you can declare without LoF (e.g. through smoke), but the argument seems to be over whether or not total cover prevents declaration or if that rule was intended to be superseded by the newest FAQ.

Hecaton likes this.
  3. Hecaton

Aight glad I'm not the only one who's confused. Also, is white noise different because it creates a zone, as opposed to being an attack? Who knows?

4. Iskandar

Iskandar Well-Known Member

You can declare BS attack as long as the target isn't in Total Cover because that stops declaration. LoF is checked during resolution.

5. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

#5 zapp, Sep 24, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
  6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Others have answered the content of the original post, and as for the question in the title: you can ARO-bait through smoke/0-v if you use a hacker without MSV.

The Hacker is replaceable with Pheroware or other attacks that aren't a BS Attacks. MSV Hacker is replaceable with non-MSV Hacker through White Noise against a target with MSV. That's about it, though.

#6 Mahtamori, Sep 24, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
  7. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

do you have an example?

I assume I could declare a BS attack ARO against that Hacker, but if the Hacker then declares Hacking as her 2nd action, my BS ARO will be an idle during step5 of the resolution phase, right?
    But if the Hackers declares a BS attack instead as the 2nd skill, my BS attack ARO would still be valid?

8. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

As far as I can tell, Pheroware Tactics are BS weapons. Am I missing a distinction somewhere?

9. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Fixed a typo on "without" in my post. Yes, you got it right. The key part of zero visibility zone is that you're allowed to shoot through it without line of fire if you are attacked with a BS Attack.

My bad, I remembered only the Comms Attack label, forgot they're listed as BS weapons!

zapp likes this.
  10. Hecaton

Aight, does White Noise provide Total Cover because it's a terrain zone that blocks LoF?

11. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

The rules define "Cover" as "The term Cover refers to all pieces of scenery that partially or completely obstruct LoF, thus preventing the attacker from making a clean BS Attack."

A White Noise zone isn't a "piece of scenery," so no, it blocks LoF but doesn't provide Total Cover.

Danger Rose and toadchild like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation