1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Jujaks and Korean character

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Triumph, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Same result for me. She seems to be paying for stuff correctly.

2. Mc_Clane

Mc_Clane Zhànzhēng bùzhǎng
    Warcor

I don't know man, I'll take a MSV1+mimetism+BS12 over a 2wound BS13 all day long. with a jujak's there's a lot of situiations in wich mods will make your life harder and you'll have to make subpar choices to deal with it. In my opinion, Ye-maos are simply better ative turn knifes. while Jujaks are a little more resilent in both turns and play better with the "sacrifice" deal of the direct templates.

I find Ye-maos better at shooting and the shangji's or HI characters are their life line to hold on reactive, sine they're tougher carry multi rifles and templates.

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]3
    YĚ MĀO AP Spitfire / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 32)
    YĚ MĀO (Hacker, Hacking Device) MULTI Rifle, Chain-colt ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 31)
    SHÀNG JÍ MULTI Rifle, Chain-colt ( | TinBot: Firewall [-6]) / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 38)

2 SWC | 101 Points[/url]

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]3 [​IMG]1
    YĚ MĀO AP Spitfire / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 32)
    YĚ MĀO (Engineer, Deactivator) MULTI Rifle, Chain-colt, Panzerfaust, D-Charges ( | GizmoKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 31)
    SHÀNG JÍ (Forward Observer, Tactical Awareness) MULTI Rifle, Chain-colt, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 40)

1.5 SWC | 103 Points

Open in Infinity Army

arround a 100 points it's a really maneageable linkteam.

but we're off-topiking here. It's a favour preference after all. You're pobably here for the HI and the extra toughness that wildcats and the rest of the light nomad units can't provide.

what we're discussing here is if this character is really worthly. All the pros seem to be related to:
    • "it's cheap",
    • "it brings BS14",
    • "it brings EM mines to the fireteam".
    I don't even consider his tinbot to be a pro. since it's not dificult for jujaks to add tinbots in their fireteams and you want your tinbot protected, the more the better, without paying for it's protection twice.

I'd rather have liked a BS12 jujak with some extra game tools that jujaks doesn't already have than having this profile. I think leigong provides more to WB than this one

nazroth likes this.
  3. Triumph

So-Ra's boring crap and there's nothing good to be said about her so we might as well derail this thread anyway it'll be more productive than discussing a clearly failed attempt from CB.

4. Zhōu Yú

Zhōu Yú Member

Soooo... CB, will we get Rodon Sectorial soon? I'm waiting for it several years

5. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

additional wounds, i.e. surviving a template, is the only thing that matters, what you are talking about is niche fantasyland

what your "hacker normal rolls" are going to do to unknown ranger or polaris??

Space Ranger and nazroth like this.
  6. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

It's not the only thing that matters but it does heavily effect decision making on whether or not a profile gets looked at, sufficient other utility is often worth the added fragility.

UR still eats shit to multi burst templates, or gets lit up for a missile strike. You probably aren't going to send it to take on the bear under 8" unless you're desperate, so more the most part that scenario falls under "Niche fantasyland".

7. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I totally understand the "Niche fantasyland" thing. When I look at troops I mainly think about what it can do on a consistent basis. Not what it can do 1 game in 10 or more. Or something I need to put a lot of work into setting up. Throwing smoke on a MSV guy in the DZ, easy. Throwing it on a guy already mid-field? Takes preparation, luck, and orders. I have none of those most of the time.

nazroth likes this.
  8. Triumph

Takes more preparation than luck, you want to have a rough idea of knowing what areas you want the Ye Mao to bully in the middle of the table and deploy the Monks appropriately. Worst comes to worst don't be afraid to throw up to 16", a monk (or a pair of monks) spending 2 orders to throw smoke on 10s uncontested is 75% to succeed at least once so it's not exactly shit odds bear that in mind. There are worse things to do than toss a couple of orders from Group 2 at trying to get some smoke down but if it shits the bed it shits the bed just switch to plan B and pick at the target from range with a Dao Fei or send a Guilang after it.

#268 Triumph, Sep 12, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  9. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

well guilangs are in every WB roster so incidental synergy with monks just happens - taking an expensive dude (who is a weak link for a haris team at the same time) hoping for a smoke setup to uhh spotlight people in active turn is burying yourself in theorycrafting

nazroth likes this.
  10. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Hang on, did we see her link options in WBA?

11. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

My Ye Mao hacker ate a ratnik just last night doing this. Wasn't even part of the plan, he was supposed to be a button pusher. It's really not that hard to set up.

As for the Ranger or bear, usually my army list will have a few other troopers in it, maybe one of those can fight them.

12. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

It sounds like "Zhanshi", but could also just be "ShangJi". Which makes more sense as she "counts as Jujak" and they have "ShangJi" listed.
    So maybe I just wanted to hear "Zhanshi" there. :-(

13. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

He said that she is a Jujak so she can make fireteams with "Shang-Jis. Invincible Shang-Jis"

Triumph likes this.
  14. Triumph

The Ye Mao is still one of the better options to engage the Rapebear Pedobear. Assuming the Harvey Bearstein is prone on a roof so engaging outside of 8" is not a live option Spotlighting the WIP12 bastard and feeding it multiple guided missiles until it fucks off is TBH actually worth doing as opposed to letting Sexual Harassment Panda's Russian cousin run rampant.

If you can engage it outside of 8" for some reason the Ye Mao has MSV1 so it turns off smoke dodge and drops its F2F rolls to contest on 16s instead of 19s which is also useful in the head to head.

Outside of that WB's only real option to tackle it is sending a Monk of some description to engage it in CC but that's really sketchy. It's 42% to 23%. You need on average about 5 orders worth of CC attacks to get it to go dogged, and there's a pretty decent chance the Monk loses a F2F roll and eats shit before you manage to get 2 wounds to stick.

15. Weathercock

Throwing 5 point monks at a bear will probably be more useful tying it up than killing it. Make them spend the orders.

WB doesn't really have any good dedicated solution to the fur factory. Just throw shit at it.

the huanglong likes this.
  16. Triumph

Yeah if you can get a monk on it probably better off sitting on it rather than trying to finish it off. If you need to remove the issue I think the Ye Mao and guided fire is still probably the best answer.

EDIT: Actually it's only 31% per shot to wound it. Probably isn't worth it actually unless the situation truly is a must kill event.

17. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

18. Weathercock

Making the dog/bear Beasts spammable was probably a bad idea. Especially considering the lack of tools most factions will have for dealing with them

19. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I’ve seen so many Doggos die to only my combis/pistols. Them having TI just makes me turn off my brain and play roulette and use whatever weapon has the highest burst.

csjarrat likes this.
  20. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I dunno. It's the age old impetuous magic at play, and even the non-impetuous bear has that discount. If Polaris Team cost 40 points like it should and the rest of the weremenagerie in had a more reasonable discount along with monks, samurai, etc. It would solve itself through good old economic crunch.
    (Though the cheapest impetuous troopers have very small discount, so might not be affected)

That bear would still be amazing at 30 points

csjarrat likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation