1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CC with multiple units

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Methuselah, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Methuselah

Methuselah Well-Known Member

How does CC with multiple units work after FAQ 1.1.1? Since a model (e.g. Uberfall) can declare CC attack, then move, do they have to declare which model is going to be the one making the CC attack or can they wait to see who makes it into the engaged state?

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

We don't currently know whether they can or not because the interim answer that prevents them from doing so is entangled in other answers that are now outdated and the FAQ dealt with base-to-base contact requirements about as well as the original rules did (that is to say; not at all)

Edit:
    Oh yeah, and as Hachiman alluded to below; you have to declare ALL details of your skill on declaration with the single exception of where the target is.

https://infinitythewiki.com/Trooper_Activation#Order_Expenditure_Sequence

All details and choices related to the execution of a Short Skill, Short Movement Skill, Entire Order Skill or ARO must be specified when it is declared. (See FAQs & Errata.)

Q: Do you need to specify all details of a Skill when declaring it? For example where the target is for a BS Attack, or where the template is being placed for White Noise?

A: Yes, with the exception of the target’s position, which is chosen in the Resolution step, before measuring Ranges. If the order of declaration is important, the active player chooses who declares first.

#2 Mahtamori, Jul 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  3. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

Methuselah and chromedog like this.
  4. Sirk

Sirk Well-Known Member

The point is that, after faq 1.1, it looks like Peripheral (Synchronized) Special Skill is capable of generating multiple CC situations, and for each you need to declare which model is attacking which target.
    I think @Mahtamori was referring to this rule, which in previous thread was temporarily ruled differently (active player attacking only on one of them, but being attacked in all) but the faqs brought back to this version, which, in my opinion, is quite op and weirdly different from how coordinated and fireteam work.

The example in the faq is referring specifically to Chimera:

How does the Peripheral (Synchronized) Special
    Skill interact with multiple close combats in the
    Active Turn? For example if a Chimera and a
    Pupnik are in one close combat, and a second
    Pupnik is in another combat?
    You have to choose one Trooper per combat. Each
    combat have to follow the Close Combat with
    Multiple Troopers rules.

5. Mahtamori

6. Sirk

Sirk Well-Known Member

Eheh, then the one I'm mentioning is just "another" case when a situation was temporarily ruled one way and faqued the other, since I remember the forum answer concluding the Chimera player would only fight in one CC (but being reacted in all of them).

By the way, is interpretation of the Peripheral (Synchronized) case above right?
    Actually, it is quite straightforward and with little space for interpretations, but the multiple active CCs feel so strange that it leaves me thinkning.

7. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

They were always able to fight in multiple CC's AFAIK (or at least they were in N3), the FAQ just clarified it.

My answer to the question is correct regardless. You need to declare the model making the CC attack at the declaration of the CC attack.

That means if you (can) declare CC attack as your first skill, you declare the model making it then.

If you move or idle etc first you don't have to declare which model would be attacking until you actually declare the attack. Often with multiple Pupniks in one combat in the active turn this means you can sacrifice one to get normal rolls with another.

8. Mahtamori

It does sort of raise the question of what happens if you accidentally declare CC Attack spuriously - that is to say you declare CC Attack with all your Pupniks on the same target and then move them all into CC, picking the most preferential Pupnik to do the actual attack with and not giving your opponent the benefit of knowing who is actually attacking that they would otherwise be entitled to.

Robock likes this.
  9. Methuselah

Methuselah Well-Known Member

Hence my question. However, I think Hachiman has it right based on this rule: When declaring a CC Attack, the Player must select one Trooper or Peripheral activated by the Order (my emphasis). They could all still move into CC, wait for the opposing model to react, then declare an unopposed CC with one of the pupniks not targeted by the opponent.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation