1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why has CB split JSA from YJ?

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by prophet of doom, Mar 5, 2018.

1. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

I don't know where the 'favourable' bit is coming from, is my only question. Kempeitai have always been terrorists in the Infinity fluff, they aren't good guys.

2. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

But they only attack military targets snd do it to protect the poor underdog unjustly treated courageous japanese troops. Who are incredibly incompetent (BS10? RLY?) but good or some shit.

They are given the freedom fighter treatment.

3. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

I suggest we discuss this elsewhere

4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Eh... yeah.. kinda... Terrorists in the same way the Kurds in Iraq and Syria are terrorists according to Turkish government. The old fluff on Kempei (still haven't freeze-framed the BoW video to read the new stuff), but here's an excerpt from the old stuff:
    As opposed to the Tatenokai, the Kempeitai only attacks military objectives

prophet of doom likes this.
  5. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Actually, no. Both versions were in use since ancient times, and even though the symbol got tainted in the Western culture it is possible to use it in different context than a Nazi one. I'm moving to Knauf's thread with this discussion.

Pierzasty likes this.
  6. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Often, people who are "freedom fighter" for one side are "terrorist" for the other. It depends a lot from your side/point of view.

Even in our day to day news, you have plenty of example of that (example : Tibetans burning themselves are considered terrorist by China, likely not so much by Tibetan).

Infinity's kempetai are presented as terrorist by Yu-Jing, JSA population may have a different opinion of them

reaper1714 and chromedog like this.
  7. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

My most successful MO lists do not have knights in them OS core with HRL and MSR though are quite good (and two Sierra)

On Symbology

As it has been pointed out Swastika is an ancient symbol almost universally adopted throughout human history, what little association it has with world war two Germany and the forceful daemonification the symbol got from that is not really relevant to most of the world, I can understand that in Germany it is quite a sensitive matter, but even here were the civilian population got massacred by the occupational forces we don't really care about the symbol and it is used in every form and nobody really cares.

On topic I am interested to hear what other ideas you have about why the uprising happened except the marketing, list direction, or "the lolz".

Stiopa likes this.
  8. Stiopa

Are you asking about in-world reasons, or CB ones?

Aldo likes this.
  9. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

10. Stiopa

Advancing the story, obviously. The successful Uprising will cause a number of developments withing Human Sphere, and with that come additional possibilities for new armies. Destabilized situation makes for a more engaging stories. But it's hard to predict the actual direction of changes.

11. Arkhos94

Being able to increase JSA range without making Yu-Jing range to big and being able to release a new sectorial for Yu-Jing without making Yu-Jing range to big.

Today, full range for a faction is around 1000/1100 € (800 for Aleph, 500 for Tohaa). It's good because it's not so big that it prevent someone having a "full army". Problem is, each new sectorial add around 300/400 € of minis making the full army line harder to reach.

Removing JSA from Yu-Jing removed 400 € from the Yu-Jing range, leaving space for the invicible

12. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

Because the potential benefits far outweight the potential risk.

Any YJ players they lose (and they will lose some) will be far less than the number of people buying into JSA.

13. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Then, in a month PanO will lose Military Orders and/or Acontecimiento, yes?

The point you seem to miss is that while a lot of people start with vanilla, most veterans go for a sectorial, and that you don't need the full range of miniatures, just the ones you like to use and some extras you need for several missions. I still have to feel like I need Ajax, after more than 3 years, for example, and I only used Pentesilea once...

14. Arkhos94

"You don't need" depends on how far you are gone in the "gotta catch them all" side of the hobby

15. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Yeah, we're pretty much at that point.

You should've seen what happened when I tried informing someone that "Jap" is a pretty shitty word to use.

#95 barakiel, Mar 7, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  16. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

Actually this could be quite a revelation for players that live in regions without any japaneese enclaves/blocks/settlements/whatever. It`s not so widely used.

Barrogh likes this.
  17. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Ignorance isn't surprising. Outright hostility when informed that it's a racial slur is, honestly.

18. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I kicked the fuck off about that and I will continue to do so if I see that fucking word again

There is a line which even this forum will not cross and that is allowing ethnic slurs to be thrown around

19. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

Concur totally with what is said by @Solar. . .

There are "Slightly Insulting" terms (like calling Italians like Me something like "Mangia-Spaghetti" as in "Pasta-Eater" or "Pizza Boys") that I do not care overmuch, and then there are lines that are NOT to be crossed, like saying "All Italians are Mobsters !!" or "All Fascists as Benito Mussolini was !!". . .

As a former Military Police Officer of the Italian Carabinieri (a Paramilitary Corp akin to French Gendarmes or even the Texas Rangers, as We had Army Tanks !!) with a long history of colleagues killed by dastardly gangsters, and during WW2 slaughtered by Italo-German Nazis, then I will take a VERY deep umbrage at this. . .

Not that Italians have not their own shares of Shittiness (a century ago We were in Lybia as others Colonists were abroad the African Continent, and essentially Somalya / Erytrea / Mozambique are the chaos that are now as We started in the '30 the devastation finished by Castro's Mercs exporting forcibly "Communist Liberation" there in the '50) but things are quite different now. . .

Will be akin to still call all People of German and Austria "Hitler-Loving Kraut-Devourers" while the truth is totally, polar opposite ! ! ! ! !

20. Arkhos94

Small comment :

French Gendarmes are not paramilitary, they are military

Aldo likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation