1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archangeleong's Armies Log

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by archangeleong, Jul 9, 2018.

1. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

Your Shasvastii are looking fantastic.

I have been thinking about this to. I am thinking of trying an odder solution and painting them like they have shoulder high arm sleeves.

archangeleong likes this.
  2. Oni

Oni Well-Known Member

Thank you, in will try to give them a personal spin when i Paint mine. I am a huge fan of your Minis and together with your jsa the shasvastii are my favourites (maybe because i love purple). Im very looking forward to your next minis. Keep on your fantastic Work.:+1:

3. wisefaiz

wisefaiz Well-Known Member

These Shasvasti are really lovely. The smooth purple is great!

4. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

INFINITY DEFIANCE: Shasvastii Speculo Killers
    [​IMG]
    Speculo Killers
    It was nice to work on some Shas that have vastly different silhouettes to the bulk of the army. They sure do have creepy faces. I had got used to working with fluro so I was much more confident working on the blades of these guys. I hate it when they pop their mandibles out, so creepy!

Mastiff, wisefaiz, zapp and 14 others like this.
  5. archangeleong

INFINITY DEFIANCE: Shasvastii Sheskiin
    [​IMG]
    Sheskiin
    So the Boss Lady is a bit of a badass and I wanted her to stand out. I went for stark white armour in contrast to the rank and file, as well as a mockery of Aleph since Sheskiin scanned Achilles no less! However I chose white mostly in honour of Halo 1, when you board the Covenant ship and suddenly these tough and scary white Elites arrive on scene and give you hell. Sheskiin sure does give you hell in Infinity Defiance.

6. maru

maru Well-Known Member

This is Forking strange mini .. i got Edge of tomorrow vibes from it especialy "all you need is kill" manga

7. archangeleong

Different aesthetic, but maybe it’s the pose? I now see Emily blunt in servo powered armour when I look at Sheskiin lol!

Abydog and jherazob like this.
  8. archangeleong

INFINITY DEFIANCE: The Charontids

[​IMG]
    The Charontids
    So this big bad guy is really quite different in silhouette and colour scheme to his Shasvastii allies. I used fluro orange for his skin and fluro green for the lights in order to build a colour triad with the purple armour. This boss monster clearly stands apart visually from his allies. My colour choices once again paid homage to Halo, this time to the Hunters (the big guys made up of orange worms). Ho looks so angry, or maybe he is just an aspiring thespian, "to be or not to be, arrrrrgh!"

Goonhammer, zapp, Ben Kenobi and 9 others like this.
  9. archangeleong

INFINITY DEFIANCE: Shasvastii Gwailos

[​IMG]
    Gwailos
    This heavy armour dude was totally inspired by the Halo Zealot Elites. Ostentatious and brightly armoured this guy really stands out from the crowd! His colours are a reversed version of the rank and file, being bright yellow armour with purple markings. I was a little reticent to stray away from the main army colours at first but after I took the plunge there was no going back.

This bold colour choice made me realise that computer came designers tend to use colour to differentiate enemies for the player to quickly visually "read" what they are fighting, whereas miniature army painters choose the same colours across different units so that a player can "read" different units as a unified force. Although my colour choice here stands apart from what I'd usually do as a miniature army painter I made sure that elements such as the gun, lights and base matched the rest of the army to tie things together. I will have to stand by this choice and besides when this guy appears on the defiance board the players will know they are in for a tough fight.

Goonhammer, Mastiff, Oni and 7 others like this.
  10. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

I agree about the color coded unit. I don't do that for Infinity as the units are visually distinct enough imho but I do it for other games where the unit type needs immediate visibility (Zombicide, Mantic's Dreadball, Warlord's BtGoA...). Also it could be useful for games using squads and rules like cohesion apply.

11. archangeleong

INFINITY DEFIANCE: Victor Messer
    [​IMG]
    Victor Messer
    This guy's face is so creepy. It put me off from painting to be honest lol. Those arms were a tad tricky to do with all those hex tats/etchings. I used a Micro Art Studio base to differentiate him from the main army because he is ostensibly a character/ally for much of the game. However with a face like that who is gonna be fooled?

12. maru

maru Well-Known Member

duno who gona be fooled but dentist will be glad so easy access to all tooths ;)

Abydog likes this.
  13. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Goonhammer and Abydog like this.
  14. Wikkid Devil

Wikkid Devil Well-Known Member

15. archangeleong

Please no more horrible mouths lol! Victor is already too creepy!

jherazob likes this.
  16. maru

maru Well-Known Member

do he not poses alternative head without tooth fairy thingi ??

17. archangeleong

there was a Ltd edition same alternate sculpt which had a normal looking head. Now there is also a code one version without the tooth fairy look. Actually the horrible teeth are quite cool but I’m just being a drama queen

18. archangeleong

INFINITY DEFIANCE: Aïda Swanson

[​IMG]
    Aïda Swanson
    Another nasty little traitor. Like Victor, I based her differently than the other villains due to her duplicitous nature as a merc playing on both sides. It was fun trying to come up with a non-green colour scheme for her and doing some wild purple and turquoise camo.

redeemer, Gurutz29, wisefaiz and 7 others like this.
  19. maru

maru Well-Known Member

ha im up to do her to ..

20. Snowball

Snowball Well-Known Member
    Warcor

God I am in love with this CA scheme! I reeeeealy want to try your shas skin tone!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation