1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A TAG for the Imperial Service?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Del S, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Well-Known Member

Wasn't the anaconda a part of the ISS in the past (I'm not sure but tagline season maybe)?

2. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

I think it was Scarface? The anaconda was only for caledonia, because they don't want to work with scarface (being a war criminal on ariadna and all that).

3. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Like @Mahtamori says it seems like adding the Anaconda is the most likely and quick fix.

An up-gunned Su-Jian with the disadvantage of being Heavyweight and a few points more would also fill the TAG requirement for a lot of missions. Give it a DA CCW, AP Spitfire, point more armor, 6-2 movement, 5-10 points more, job done.

4. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Well-Known Member

You're right. I always mix them up.

5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Scarface would work as well, though there's a small "issue" of that inflating the number of Engineers available to ISS and CB seems to want to keep that down to just one (a good single engineer/doctor, but only a single one). I'm also not quite familiar about what Yu Jing thinks of Scarface on a legal level...
    Heavy-weight doesn't exist anymore. Not sure where that would fit in vanilla, though, and at that point an AP or Multi Spitfire on the Su-Jian will do the same job without inflating unit numbers.

6. archon

archon Well-Known Member

I would like to see an anti-riot TAG, but again a small one, BW Class. Para CCW -6, Big Riotstopper (Watercannon). Not sure about the main weapon. Plain HMG would be okay, but I think something smaller, like MK12 +1B or HRL +1 B to have the range. MSV1 and Sensor or Biovis.

Not a main attack pice, more a stable ARO tower. Points Range under 70.

7. NoahScape

NoahScape Member

A TAG for a police style sectorial should probably have something like flash pulses, e/m grenades, maybe an eclipse grenade/smoke, a pitcher etc... I see it being a really tough support piece that is called in when a situation is out of control and its purpose is to support troops on the ground, not rambo through half a table.

I could see it having extra burst on flash pulses, total reaction etc. It seems flavorful while also potentially being good.

Paegis, Space Ranger and Knauf like this.
  8. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Well, yes, but buildings on fire are either:
    A) Japanese or PanOceanian and therefore not a problem if on fire.
    OR
    B)
    The State Fire Department's problem.

9. wes-o-matic

wes-o-matic feeelthy casual

...ok, so my first actual thought on this was a Su-Jian locked in biped mode with a Kuang-Shi strapped into a baby carrier on the front as highly belligerent ablative armor.

You could do it, too. Same stats as a combat mode SJ but with chest mines, chain rifle, just 1 Wound, and Transmutation (W).

The post-Transmutation profile is just an actual, normal Su-Jian.

10. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Upgrading some firearms into AP would clear out many question marks from ISS. Frankly the law enforcement department does not need an MBT for their cause.

Dishing out AP rounds to Hsien or Su-Jian, sectorial exclusively, to compensate some losses. Although it would not bring it into its former glory.

Paegis and Mahtamori like this.
  11. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

It sounds like a lot of us want something like a Geko but with more appropriate weapons.

Weapons I'd like to see (of course not all of them)
    Breaker Marksman Rifle
    Breaker Spitfire
    Flash Pulse
    Plusar
    Heavy Riot Stopper
    Zapper
    Grenade Launcher, Smoke, E/M
    Mine dispenser with cybermines
    Akrylate-Kanone
    Blitzen
    Madtraps
    PARA CCW

Here's something interesting I thought of after seeing the image below. I'm not of fan of it, but it's fluffy, how about Sapper? It's like he's putting down his riot shield as a barrier.

[​IMG]

Paegis likes this.
  12. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Well... above all else, I think ISS is a melee sectorial with costly melee units, few proper Marker states for their melee units, and the traditional melee sectorial disadvantage of few good long range guns.

I don't think a single unit can change the sectorial design of being a melee sectorial with costly main units, but a single unit can remedy the fact that the melee units are poorly supported by long range guns.

I think the most important aspect of a new heavy unit for ISS, be it a TAG or be it a SHI, is that it can combat enemy snipers, TAGs and SHI at an advantage. This means:
    1. Reasonably high burst main gun
    2. Long range main gun, at least HMG rangebands
    3. Exotic ammo or unusually high DAM MOD on the main gun
    and 4. Not a Yan Huo.

I can see a Neurocinetics variant of the Yan Huo. I can see a TAG with Feuerbach and Sapper. I can see a traditional TAG working. A Para HMG or a Paralysis Rocket Launcher on anything would be hilarious. And so on.
    But, if the unit has a main gun with Spitfire-esque rangeband or shorter, it needs some pretty hefty MODs so that it works better than a Hsien HMG in the 24-32" range band against SHI and TAGs, and this risks upsetting the balance in vanilla something fierce, otherwise it's basically a pointless design exercise in making duplicates of existing units.

Basically, a Seraph style unit would just be a duplicate the role of the Crane and/or Su-Jian, a Gecko style unit would just be a duplicate the role of the Hsien and/or Su-Jian, etc
    Anaconda works because it's a sturdy HMG, Scarface works excellently because he's got an AP HMG and is designed like other ISS units, Blue Wolf works excellently because it's got an AP Spitfire with a bonus that makes it work in the -3 rangeband and is designed like other ISS units, and Guijia works because of the same reasons as Scarface. Only problem being that Guijia is fluff-wise an army unit and Blue Wolf is fluff-wise an army unit specific to the white banner, which makes Scarface the one remaining perfect fit for ISS, IMO, especially since it doesn't mess with vanilla.

Del S and Paegis like this.
  13. NoahScape

NoahScape Member

I'd have to really go through the weapons as I'm new, but I could see a TAG in this sectorial having:
    Flash Pulse (B+2) Grenade Launcher (not sure if this is possible but a rule of having 1 grenade from every grenade type, a multi purpose TAG as a jack of all trades riot stopper as mentioned above. Support piece without the ability to reload) Heavy Riotstopper, Stun Pistol, Pitcher, Jammer.

Maybe it needs more, but I would envision it more as a crowd control stunning piece that just makes everything around it better. Really would like to see something like this in the game.

Space Ranger likes this.
  14. Space Ranger

For years I've wanted them to do Adhesive versions of Grenades and Mines.

15. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

Speaking of which; where are the Incendiary Grenades?

Mankind's been throwing Molotov Cocktails at each other for over a century, you'd think at least Ariadna would be able to bring something similar to the table.

ADH mines are sort-of a thing in Madtraps, so giving more of them to ISS could be fun. Would kind of give the hyptothetical ISS TAG a direct foil to the O-Yoroi, having Madtraps instead of Crazykoalas.

If ISS is going to get a TAG though, it's going to need more flexible Engineer options. Being forced to take a 31 point Sophotect to repair Susan or some REMs is already a hard sell; trying to take one with a TAG is going to feel even worse.

Space Ranger likes this.
  16. Paegis

Paegis Vincible Officer

Not that this is at all helpful in a mechanical sense, but when I think ISS TAG I think Patlabor.
    [​IMG]

Space Ranger likes this.
  17. Space Ranger

That's a good point. But I think we already have the same sort of situation with Susan and Sophie. If they can keep the TAG cheep-ish (little more than SJ), then we can also take the Sophotech. Unfortunately with the nature of ISS It would be big gamble to take both. I've heard of no one taking more than one SJ unless it's just for fun. Most of the time it's going to be a choice of one or the other.

18. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

I can understand, that everyone wants TAG. Cool big robots.
    But for me image of sectorial is more important.

I think, that hassassins Shakush was a mistake in this way.
    Same I am thinking about ISS TAG.

Su-Jian is really good option. Love it.

OK, may be I am a little conservative, but that is my point of view.

Sedral likes this.
  19. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

To add to the conversation, here's a tidibit of fluff for the su-jian:

In short, the su-jian was designed to be superior to TAG in urban warfare, so it's probably what we should stick with for the time being.
    I think a more expensive su-jian with some more stuff would be enough, like the AP spitfire mentionned before, maybe give it D-charges for "breach-&-clear", eventually fuse both the spifire and shotgun profile for maximum carnage, and have another profile replacing the shotgun with an heavy-riotstopper (for the demonstrations in front of 0-12 representatives and showcase why they should buy more su-jians and less Zetas for Bureau Aegis).

#39 Sedral, Feb 27, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    Paegis and Daireann like this.
  20. herod1204

herod1204 Knight of Santiago

Remotes would be more thematic to me, especially if they got climbing plus to be like the sujian. I dunno exactly what, but nomads got a h Vostok, so why can't we get something with a hmg and some decent mods etc? Would make a nice alternative to hsien or lunah for taking out long range aros.

I also think something like the longya in the midfield would be good. Maybe with holoechoes, and template weapons rather than panzerfaust. But very close quarters, sort of thing you might see on the streets kinda thing.

As useful as a tag would be, a main battle tag just wouldn't get in the doorways to shoot the criminals, whereas remotes would be able to (I am thinking of a lot of anime with this)

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation