1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fedaykins JSA, Mercs, Shasvastii and yu Jing

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Fed4ykin, Sep 14, 2020.

1. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

Very nice minis. Like how you developed your own colour scheme and patterns (especially on JSA as I'm a faction fanboy). Keep it up!

P.S. Please honour your minis by painting the bases before you photograph them :-)

2. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

First of all thanks.
    You are right I am not completely new to painting.
    I painted some ogors for warhammer fantasy when I was fourteen. Thats sixteen years ago. And believe me the ogors looked hideous. They might still be there somewhere hidden away in my parents basement .

In the meantime I mostly painted on canvas or did pottery and such artsy stuff. So I have a feeling for colourtheory.
    But miniature painting with all its nuances is something different than painting on canvas. The details are small and sometimes hard to reach.

Yeah I can't seem to get the dilution right. Either It's not thin enough or its too thin. But I guess all it needs is practice and time.

Koin-Koin likes this.
  3. Fed4ykin

Actually you where a big inspiration for me as I happened to stumble onto your blog. Your painting is incredible! So thank you very much.
    As I have a little son (1.5years) and hobby time is sparse i tend to concentrate on the painting part of the hobby.
    But I have the plan to finish the bases with dark colors and snow for JSA and Yu Ying. Blue greens jungle for shasvastii.
    Maybe I get to it when I am done with the wildfire 012.
    I might revisit some JSA minis too and add a few freehands (tanko helmets come to mind) as I am now a lot more confident in my ability to actually try freehands. As I was too afraid to butcher my paintjob. And there are a few additions waiting for paint. (my second ryuken that I build from a kaikozu, aragoto. Mushashi and an SMG)
    I will post updates when the bases are eventually done.

4. Fed4ykin

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Mushashi Myamoto the kensei himself. really like the pose from aristeia

redeemer, Oni, Law Dawg and 5 others like this.
  5. Fed4ykin

[​IMG][​IMG]
    My Akatzuki Shikami.

redeemer, wuji, Doppelgganger and 6 others like this.
  6. Fed4ykin

[​IMG]
    Karakuri special Project, the models are dated, but they grew on me. The weapons are horribly out of scale and assebly is a pain in the ass, but they look quite good painted.
    i like the creepy spindly dolls.

redeemer, Oni, jherazob and 2 others like this.
  7. Fed4ykin

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mounted yojimbo. As he is a responsible person he is wearing protection and a scarf :D

redeemer, Oni, archangeleong and 3 others like this.
  8. Fed4ykin

[​IMG]
    My aragoto squadron. They are Speed!

redeemer, Oni, archangeleong and 2 others like this.
  9. Fed4ykin

[​IMG][​IMG]
    My take on Neko

10. Fed4ykin

[​IMG]
    Ryuken 9, and Kaizoku Spec Ops

11. Fed4ykin

[​IMG][​IMG]
    some better pics of the Guijia. (When the pics where taken he was missing the lights as he was still WIP)

redeemer, infyrana, Oni and 4 others like this.
  12. Fed4ykin

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Ryuken 9, as i wanted a second one that is distinguishable from Kusanagi and sometimes you just want two of these guys on the field.

redeemer, Teslarod, Koin-Koin and 2 others like this.
  13. Fed4ykin

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Ninjas, The infamous Rooftopninja, badass pose, rad sculpt, looks a little dumb on the battlefield with his tactical roof. But i like him a lot anyways!
    Kunai solutions Ninja as JSAs MSR Ninja. These Guys where a joy to paint and mark in foreseeable time the end of my Paintig journey with the Japanese since i now own and painted every miniature of the range. Exeption are the REMs which will be used for JSA, Yu Jing eventually Ikari and other NA2s too.
    can´t wait to see the army in all it´s glory on the battlefield!

redeemer, Oni, LeeroyVinland and 4 others like this.
  14. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

I think they will look spectacular when the family photo comes together. Glad to hear that you are happy with your work and that your Asian forces grow in leaps and bounds.

15. GlynDaWolf

GlynDaWolf New Member

awesome models look forward to seeing more

Golem2God likes this.
  16. Fed4ykin

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Kunai Ninja in Merc (Druze) colours. Posted before in the October Painting Thread thought it might belong in my Thread too.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Al Fasid with HRL, such a badass Miniature. Was a Joy to paint and was quickly done. Now i need to get my hands on his friend with the HMG.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Brawlers, so much filigrane details. Took me a while to finish them and i struggled a bit with motivation since i barely made progress. But the result was worth it.

Was finally able to get a Airbrush and will soon begin to put some work on my waiting Yu jing troopers.

redeemer, Oni, coleslaw and 3 others like this.
  17. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

First of all, I have to agree with the others concerning your color schemes: They're fire! I especially love your Shasvastii, and I especially especially love your Anathematics! Such a cool model, and such an amazing and vibrant paintjob!

Secondly, it's amazing how fast your skills develop. Comparing your Brawlers to your first JSA I can see a huge difference. So keep going! I feel your motivation struggle when it comes to details. That's why I can't do batch painting with Infinity models. I tried it, but I immediately lose motivation. That's why I always do one model at a time. So if it happens again, my advice is to finish one model and take that boost of feeling accomplished to jump to the next one.

Thirdly, I'd love to get some more explanations on your conversions. I like them all, but I can't figure out some of them. Your Ryuken-9, your Neko Oyama and your Kuroshi Rider on foot in particular ;)

Fed4ykin likes this.
  18. Fed4ykin

First of:thanks for the kind words!

When I am looking at my first infinityminiatures that I painted in September 2019 and look at my recently finished minis I am somewhat unsatisfied with my work from then. So may have to touch them up sometime.

My Ryuken9 is a little Frankensteins monster he has the legs of the kaizoku spec op, the upper body of the spitfire aragoto, the sword hand from mushashi and a spare yu jing smg. The x-visor is built with green stuff.
    Neko has mushashis, legs with armor made of green stuff, the upper body of a shikami a domaruhelmet and sword. I think of switching the legs for domarulegs since he is somewhat small compared to his buddies.
    Kuroshi was somewhat expensive because I had to find an additional kuroshi. I think it was from Italy. But I used her for two conversions. First an aragoto boarding shotgun and second the kuroshi on foot. It's kuroshi head and scythearm fitted to the body of a celestial guard hacker. The pose is fitting and the armor has similar enough details to be fitting for JSA.

At first i was afraid, (I was petrified... Sorry for that!) to convert metal miniatures but as of now whet I have an idea I go for it.
    For example i am building a domarubiker at the moment.

burlesford and jherazob like this.
  19. Fed4ykin

I was inactive in my own thread for a while. i May have posted some of these in the monthly painting thread beforehand but now it´s a first time here.
    First of Lunah, she will do doubleduty as a druze sniper if i ever feel the need to use one. I am unsure how to base my mercs. Either base them so they fit my JSA with snow or base them with red sand...
    I[​IMG][​IMG]

20. Fed4ykin

Yuan Yuan: All minor Conversions
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Limited edition: changed the Jetpack for a yu jing Jet pack.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Originally a Ragik with BSG, swapped the BSG for the chainrifle and reposed the arm and gave her a sword.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Since i had the Jetpack of the limited Yuan Yuan laying around i tried if it would fit on the Fidays back. Well it did so here comes trouble!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation