1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nehemiah Hobby's Fan Art for Billboards and Advertisements

Discussion in 'FanArt' started by nehemiah, Feb 5, 2021.

1. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

I was always a fan of the billboard art that was put out for Infinity but it always bugged me that often it was just offical art from the books with ad copy added. For my table I wanted more unique art so I tried to come up with different ideas. One of the first came after playing a rather ridiculous game in Strikezone Flamia Island campaign. I came up with a backstory for a Tohaa criminal who was drafted into the Kosuil, but escaped his bonds during one of the fights. After securing heavy armor from a human armory he was wounded, and was able to play dead when the Tohaa forces rapidly retreated before human reinforcements arrived. Making his way back to the forward operating base, he found that it too was abandoned, except for a couple of pallets of Chaksa rations. Being a clever opportunist, and entrepreneur he quickly started a up a chain of fast food restaurants called Artichoke Luo's which specialized in 'authentic' Tohaa cuisine. Since then he has remained on the run from my Tohaa, somehow always managing to stay one step ahead of those chasing him.

these are the billboards I came up with for this franchise.

Artichoke-Lou.jpg Artichoke-Lou-Bringing-Friends-and-Food.jpg Artichoke-Lou-The-Taste-of.jpg Artichoke-Lou-Salty-Tear.jpg

The problem with creating my own unique art for a table is then the tendency is to push it as far as I can go.

Danger Rose, Oni, Zewrath and 11 others like this.
  2. nehemiah

With the introduction of the Krakot unit, I thought they would be a great face for mercenary recruitment posters, so I made some Uncle Sim posters.

Uncle-Sim-Ikari.jpg Uncle-Sim-Adam Edit.jpg

Danger Rose, Zewrath, archon and 7 others like this.
  3. nehemiah

I thought a bunch of over the top conspericy propaganda posters that the Nomads would post everywhere would be fun. I later decided that 'Wake Up Citizens of the Sphere!' would be an independent outlet that is considered too toxic for even Arachne to broadcast.

Fluoridation.jpg Morat.jpg Research.jpg Vaccinations.jpg

4. nehemiah

I liked the flowing hair of the Highlander grey when the Caladonia box was released, and I figured Ariadna may have a product that would of interest to the rest of the Sphere. After reading the background on how Wulver's were treated in Ariadna society I figured the tagline should casually reflect this attitude.

Highlander Shampoo 72 bit.JPG

Danger Rose, Oni, Silas7 and 7 others like this.
  5. nehemiah

There has always been the joke about the Tech Bee's and the O-Yoroi pilot's uniforms, and if everyone is required to wear that. With the events of the Uprising, I decided to create this poster. I am not sure if my translation was accurate, but it should be along the lines of:
    "They deny our dignity
    How can we expect rights?
    Fight for honor
    Join the JSA Resistance"

Now that JSA has separated from Yu Jing, I need to update the poster to say something like: "Our dignity is in fighting for our emperor. Wear your uniform with dignity and pride. Fight for the JSA"

JSA-Resistance 72 Res.jpg

Oni, Golem2God, Wizzy and 3 others like this.
  6. nehemiah

I really liked the City Hopper model from Antenocitis workshop and wanted to make a billboard and designate a building on my table as a travel agency for it. For that I needed a billboard. This is a theme I have decided will carry over across all of my tables.

Hopper Comp 72 res.jpg

Danger Rose, Oni, Zewrath and 7 others like this.
  7. nehemiah

I had wanted to make an add featuring 8-ball since Aristeia! was released, and I finally settled on him having his own tequila label.

Magic-8-Photoshop 72 bit.jpg

8. nehemiah

I figure every Aristeia! star with the exception of Musashi, Major Lunah, and maybe Wild Bill would have some product line they were pushing, and I wanted to explore this idea a little more. Gata's dossier art seemed to suggest that she already had her own fashion line, and I was originally thinking of doing a more realistic approach like with the 8-Ball add, and had drawn out a fully detailed image, but when I started editing it in Illustrator, I really like the minimalist nature of the silhouette. With the help of The Dice Abide I had a few variants.

Break-Free 72 Res.JPG Break-Free White Silhouette 01 72 Res.jpg Break-Free White Silhouette 02 72 Res.jpg Break-Free White Silhouette 03 72 Res.jpg Break-Free White Silhouette 04 72 Res.jpg Break-Free White Silhouette 05 72 Res.jpg

9. nehemiah

The Combined Army seemed like it would probably try to litter Tohaa areas with propaganda posters and fliers, so I created one, as well as a version someone had vandalized.

Shepherding-Gaze-Comp3 72 Res.jpg What Happened 72 Res.jpg

Danger Rose, Oni, Zewrath and 6 others like this.
  10. nehemiah

These are some I have not turned into full posters as of now, but I may put some more work into them.

Dr_Worm 72 Res.jpg Libertos 72 Res.jpg

Danger Rose, Oni, YueFei23 and 7 others like this.
  11. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Escrima-Liberto there is badass.

Love the subtle cultural influences on these posters (and the not so subtle ones too), like the Wulver racism, attitudes towards other factions, etc. Good stuff!

12. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Funny and very nice :laughing::+1:

13. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@nehemiah All of these pictures are good pieces of art to use as posters & billboards. Thank you for sharing this with us. Is there any more or any plans to make more of these?

14. nehemiah

I do not have any on the mind at the moment. I tend to work on these when I am feeling burnt out on another project, and want to do something a little more light and fun. I really like the corporate sponsorship behind Aristeia! players, because that kind of things goes all the way back to at least the gladiators of Rome, so most of my ideas right now are centered around that. Like maybe a PSA with Maximo about staying in school or not doing drugs. I also have an advertisement I have not fully fleshed out with the heavy armor Bounty Hunter as the central figure, that I need to figure out something with.

Golem2God likes this.
  15. nehemiah

Finished up a sketch for my next billboard: J'o Exotic's Tiagha King Safari. The Best Xeno Safari on Dawn.

Taigha King Safari.jpg

Wizzy, WarHound, Uthoroc and 12 others like this.
  16. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@nehemiah You are certainly gifted when it comes to sketches. Nice to see your art back on the forum.

17. borisgreymenace

borisgreymenace killer heckler

this is very good and very funny and needs to be a billboard ASAP. will there be a competing billboard for Carole Baskin, Chimera Reserve?

nehemiah likes this.
  18. nehemiah

I had not considered that, but I may have to do a follow up illustration once this on is complete

borisgreymenace likes this.
  19. nehemiah

I wanted a mural for my next table. I was originally just going to paint it on some terrain, but after I showed a friend the art this was based on he wanted it too, so I decided to make it in digital form. I could not find the original artist, but the original art is 3 dolphins without space suits staring at the soviet hammer and sickle. It seemed pretty absurd, and I thought it would work well for a nomad table.

View attachment 26586

#19 nehemiah, Nov 9, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
    Golem2God and jherazob like this.
  20. nehemiah

I am having trouble adding the image like I normally would.

#20 nehemiah, Nov 9, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
    Uthoroc, Golem2God and jherazob like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation