1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity Defiance, the new game from Corvus Belli

Discussion in 'General' started by Koni, Mar 29, 2019.

1. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

need pics of how i assembled it?
    from my review post
    as for the CE foam box
    from my final thoughts on assembly post
    also page 99 woo!

#1961 dhellfox, Dec 20, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    Red Harvest likes this.
  2. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

3. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

Thanks for the photos. I've decided to go with the Board Gamer's time honored method of "Uh oh, better get a Plano" for organizing things. Having a place for everything, and everything in its place makes gameplay much smoother. The Faufreluche system for gaming.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  4. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

Seems the two remotes missing is pretty common (along with the 40mm base for Charontid), hope they make some announcement soon. It is Christmas week, so they might all be out, but better to not let stuff gain too much momentum.

5. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

The Charontid DOES NOT have a large base.
    It is mounted on a standard base with a "space adapter", that thing in the form of three spaces

6. Vocenoctum

The adapter is to fit the 40mm base into the hex system. A regular base won't fill out the adapter.

7. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

It does have a 40mm base included. The 40 mm fits into the trihex adapter.

A note for those who, like me, think that the aristeia hex bases would be a good idea - the board hexes are pretty small. The hex bases overhang on all sides. I’m going to work up some laser cut Perspex hexes the right size. I’ll post the file when I’m done but it probably won’t be until late January when I get back to work and test cut.

8. Red Harvest

ETA: Dragonstriker you damnable ninja!

Vocenotum is correct. There is a 40mm base in the box. There are 3 base adapters.

I'd bet that one of the Chinese packers had an incomplete understanding of what to pack.

I assembled Billy. Not the best fit, but not as bad as the one the Billy whose photos posted earlier. (Dhellfox's?) A touch of filler and it's good to go. Uma was easier to assemble, the regular Uma, not the alt Uma. Now 41 minis more to clean and assemble. That's hobby sorted for a good long while.

xagroth and Dragonstriker like this.
  9. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

So, just to double check...

Was the core box upgraded to one set of solid dice and one set of translucent dice?

10. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Yes.

solkan likes this.
  11. Vocenoctum

Well, in SOME boxes. Not mine. I was basing with LOF bases anyway, so didn't care. Especially not compared to the two missing figures.

I was watching a video of an assembly for another kickstarter and wondering what the chinese packers think of the entire hobby thing and what their job is. It's neither here nor there of course (and I'm sure plenty of people in China know what minis/ Infinity are, but the packers), and the plastic mini boardgames generally have a tray with spots for every minis, so seeing when one is missing is easier than with a bunch of little baggies of metal.
    Either way, I'm sure CB will take care of us, but I'm also figuring it'll be weeks. I'm also also hoping that the cost isn't too harsh to fix the packers error. Yes, they're responsible for the end product and correcting mistakes, but between the Brexit tax hit and they also sent out that little token pack super quickly which is great.

My Billie was horrible. I wonder how they decided which boxes were cursed? :)
    I assembled the alt-heroes, but didn't base them yet since I'm going to do their bases matching their army. Core heroes will be on matching schemes as "Defiance crew". Shasvaasti get rockey/sandy basing like other Shasvaasti.
    So I've assembled, based, primed 37ish figures? Plus priming some scenery and the two halves of Mega.
    [​IMG]

#1971 Vocenoctum, Dec 22, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    Croepoek likes this.
  12. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

so billy seems to be a widespread problem, all the milling aside (see page 95 of thread) i feel lucky i got a complete box.

13. Vocenoctum

CB emailed me back, is aware of the missing minis and replacements will be sent out.

I had also asked about Billie, "the assembly could be a bit tricky and maybe you need to file some parts but besides that the model should be good".

14. Ceilican

Ceilican Well-Known Member

My Billie test fit was okay, seemed to "snap" right together. Connection point is tiny, though, so I imagine i'll end up gluing both pieces to my fingers.

15. Vocenoctum

I should have taken pictures of mine, but the lug on the head/arm part was just way oversized. Trimming the lug to the extent needed as is was too much of a pain, so I chopped off the head, cut down the lug and then glued all of it together.

16. Red Harvest

Chinese workers who actually think, especially when on the job, do not last very long. Their social credit score drops to Zero and they get sent away for involuntary organ donor training.

Victor Messer's head was irritating to attach. Other than that assembly has been straightforward.

17. Vocenoctum

Victor's head and the, er, Jayth's I think? with the same tiny upper head, + Aida's offhand all had that "stick to everything except the target" thing, but that's just a hazard of the hobby. :)

AdmiralJCJF and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  18. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Some people in US already got theirs
    (unbox)

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  19. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Hope the new lockdowns in EU won't fuck this up for us in January :|

toadchild likes this.
  20. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I'm assuming that's intended as sarcasm or some sort of joke.

Assembly line type stuff is pretty mind-numbing no matter where you live, but a lot of consumer goods rely on it. A lot of it is going to fall to automation in time. I don't want the future of the real world to be a dystopia, so I'm hoping that we are able to use the corresponding increases in productivity and decreases in overhead to make sure that all people are taken care of, rather than simply making the ultra-rich even ultra-richer.

Mahtamori likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation