1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hacking and OSS

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by yoink101, Nov 30, 2020.

1. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Well, he was saying that Trisha is good enough for the Dakini link... Parvati can join a point"man" Haris with the Yadu HMG and a Sensor Deva (it covers all the bases and ranges, plus it's the cheapest and non-hackable option), or go for broke with an Asura and Rudras... The point is, the Dakini core will remain in the backline until it definitely loses its ARO pieces, and you don't want your Sophotect 2.0 to be that back (besides, there is also the Posthuman mk1 option for healing/engineering from outside of the fireteam).

2. Sigeric

Sigeric Irregular WB

The dakini link is too good to just to have it sit in a terrace in ARO duty, but at the same time it can become a point sink if you start jacking up the price with premium profiles.

There's also the option of having a full dakini core plus a deva haris following it close by to replenish the fatalities. The lineup is great, really. Lots of wildcards to put wherever and the humble deva is a very flexible profile.

Daniel Darko and xagroth like this.
  3. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Yeah, the Deva is THE unit... Before OSS was released, I always ran 2 in my lists (usually with a Devabot, or as Sensor+triangulated fire) and gave me tons of good results (there was less shock back then, to be fair), now they are a nº2 wildcard!

4. archon

archon Well-Known Member

You can double buff your Daks now: Apsara & EVO goes for BS 19 in full link on good range vs non mimetic targets.

5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Only on a single bot, and it's BS11 => 13 +3 ignoring cover (which is not directly a +3), and once the bot goes totally down... the Apsaras can't buff anything else.

6. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

I agree that IA pay a lot of points for their stuff. And those HI are really good. You say that like OSS doesn’t pay a premium for high quality, not shock immune, troopers.

I like the thought of Trisha in the team. I had completely forgotten about her to be honest.

7. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

I did quite some play testing and found no reasonable way how OSS can win a hacking fight against a Nomads or Corregidor setup. With KHDs not ignoring firewalls and clever opponents hiding their hackers behind their repeater network, the only way forward for competitive list builds seems to be strong mid-field pieces, especially Dart or Andromeda. Asura HD+ and some pitchers on a decent BS unit that doesn't mind being in the midfield would work great but I find that the Davanas doesn't really fit the bill and Davanas + Asuras is a list redundancy that's just not very attractive to run. To me at least that makes OSS a lot less attractive than Vanilla where we simply have access to a lot more unhackable attack pieces.

yoink101 likes this.
  8. yoink101

I’m sad to hear it, but not shocked.

9. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Use your own repeaters to disable their repeaters and put them at a disadvantage.

10. yoink101

But the only repeaters are remotes or the Danavas. Remotes don’t work because they’ll be hacked. The Danavas is unlinked and bs 11.

11. Ashtaroth

Ashtaroth Aragoto GP Organizer
    Warcor

Do you even Deactivator, bro?

12. yoink101

Sure. If my opponent leaves a repeater in LoF. Then I’m spending orders to advance my engineer, then orders to advance my repeater, then orders to hack.

I’d rather just shoot it.

13. Ashtaroth

Ashtaroth Aragoto GP Organizer
    Warcor

If anything up-thread is to go by we are sporting a Trisha (it's Parvati, fiteme @Iver :D) in a Dakini Fireteam going up the field. So, there's your non-hackable deactivator/shooter platform.
    Anyway, you've been given more than enough advice on how to go about hacking in OSS, turns out you have plenty of options on hacking and how to disable your opponent's network. Maybe those aren't the options you find fun, maybe you should find another army instead.

14. yoink101

I’m just keeping the conversation and ideas going. I never said one can’t hack with OSS or that they’re not fun to play. Just that they are lacking in some key areas as far as hacking is concerned, which doesn’t make sense to me for a sectorial that is designed to hunt rogue AI.

15. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

Would this be a good hacking heavy list?

Hacking around
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    DANAVAS (Hacker, Hacking Device Plus [UPGRADE: Oblivion (+1B)]) Combi Rifle, Pitcher ( ) / Breaker Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 22)
    ASURA (Lieutenant [+1 Order], Hacker], Hacking Device Plus [UPGRADE: Trinity (+2 Damage)]) MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser ( ) / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 69)
    YADU (NCO) Heavy Machine Gun / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 40)
    PARVATI Submachine Gun(+1B), Flash Pulse ( | GizmoKit, MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 38)
    RUDRA K1 Marksman Rifle, Mine Dispenser / Heavy Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 38)
    NETROD . (0 | 4)
    LAMEDH Rebot Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 7)
    GARUDA Tacbot Spitfire / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (1.5 | 25)
    PROBOT (Hacker, EVO Hacking Device) ( ) / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0.5 | 15)
    PROXY Mk.2 (Hacker, Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 25)
    PROXY Mk.5 (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun(+1B), Flash Pulse, E/M Grenades / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 13)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]1
    WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse ( ) / Stun Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 3)

5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

2 fast bots & the danavas for repeaters, plus the infiltrating Mk2. Then 2 HD+ for active turn hacking.

yoink101 likes this.
  16. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

What is this Danavas people keep mentioning?

Anyway, Remotes is my answer. Sure, they might be hacked, but it depends on a number of variables I'd say - how many HDs enemy has (remember, KHDs don't do anything).

yoink101 likes this.
  17. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

danavas shoots her pitcher on normal 14s, so not terrible, she is also a burst 3 wip 15 damage 16 ap that causes isolation. at that point any friendly khd is capable of killing the practically defenseless hacker if needed or just ignore it if they do not have an engineer or engineer bot nearby.

as for enemy repeaters, walking a friendly skirmisher(not khd version), or any other non hackable model and just shoot the repeater. at worst they spotlight you, and then you can just reset to clear it off (assuming they have a guided missle launcher to back up the biggest targeted threat). But yes, walking a khd or hackable model into nomad repeater coverage is pretty suicidal. As nomad is the hacking faction, this seems to be fair if they are going to put in that effort. that said, it is not hopeless that they have a solid forward repeater coverage.

yoink101 and Ashtaroth like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation