1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yu Jing in ITS 12: Objective Evaluations

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by wes-o-matic, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

The Zhanying and Dakini are "defenders" of your own Servers. I needed a Lt. and thought I might as well take one with a good gun. I wanted something a bit more capable than a Celestial Guard. My other option was a Deva. I would put them on suppressive fire.

After taking the "Attack" team of Crane-Wu Ming core, Ninja, and Sophotech, it doesn't' leave much left. I could have taking a Lt. Crane but he's a big target and the hacker is too good. Xi would be leaving a Madtrap by home servers and possible put a new one by the console I don't get to.

Garuda is there to possibly clear enemy off any servers if possible or just to cause trouble. Since I was taking the EVO anyway and it's stupid cheap.

Mahtamori likes this.
  2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I would reshuffle the LT and Dakini around so the Dakini carries the HMG and can act as a backup hitting piece in case of emergency, you already took the EVO to enable it anyway. The HMG is just a better combi when placed in Suppressive Fire.

That's achievable if the Ninja drops the KHD, which I think he's better off doing anyway. If you can't achieve hacking superiority with the Tinbot -6 Hacker the unlinked KHD probably won't achieve jack shit either and will just make life harder for the Ninja to sneak in an objective completion.

#22 Triumph, Nov 25, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    Space Ranger likes this.
  3. Space Ranger

See my thing on WB above. There's only two linkable D-charges, Ye Mao (haris only) and Jujak. The only others are Daofei and Gongchen. It was the Blue Wolf that pulled out a tie. He took two wounds getting there but he got the job done. I was also very lucky the server rolled was the one closest to him. If it wasn't, would have lost.

4. Triumph

I assume you're arguing in favour of the Blue Wolf. I am skeptical on it and still consider it sketchy due to how I expect the meta to play out for this mission:
    • The mission encourages the inclusion and value of hacking devices, which means sources of spotlight.
    • The focus on the hacker bonus means anyone who takes a hacker is heavily encouraged to slot in a 16 point guided missile for synergy values in list construction.
    • The Blue Wolf is a relatively expensive high value target for guided missiles. He is already a great target that becomes an even more attractive one when considering he's integral to mission parameters.
    The same applies to the Guijia for this mission. It's really going to come down to how people experience their metas evolving. I am seeing a literal fuckload of guided missile bots infesting the game right now, even the Pan-O players are getting in on it and they're well down the hacking totem pole.

Personally I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that link bonuses for Pitchers needs to be fired into the sun in N4 if we aren't going to get actually threatening standard KHDs back, even X-Visors are giving them some fucking egregious reach right now.

#24 Triumph, Nov 25, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  5. Space Ranger

I wouldn't say in favor but I did take it because it had the DA CCW. And yes I had to clear out repeaters in order to get to the Server.

6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Hrm, similar to how maybe, just maybe, USARF should have a couple of T2 Heavy Pistols, maybe it's time for Monofilament to be anti-materiel.

7. Triumph

It'd need an errata to not instagib scenery, makes it impossible to balance how hard you want the scenery objective to be to break if models are just reliably 1 hitting it off the table *cough*speculo*cough*.

Mahtamori likes this.
  8. HellLois

HellLois What the Hell...Lois?
    CB Staff

That means tha the UberHacker can be a model or a marker, In English, only can be a Model but not a Marker, that is an errata. You can select a Hacker even if the hacker is in a marker state.

I will fix it on the next ITS update.

Sedral, Joametz, AdmiralJCJF and 4 others like this.
  9. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Link bonuses in general need to be fired into the sun, can't go more than 2 profiles without tripping over something they've super charged to insane degrees.
    My vote would be to give the KHD some actual teeth so it can do it's job effectively so that way punting a pitcher across 2 thirds of the board has some actual tangible risk and is a high risk high reward play as opposed to no risk all reward. It's also only 2 profiles (DBS trooper and Tsyklon) that are really causing issues as pretty much everything else with a pitcher is a BS nothing nerd that couldn't hit the planet they are standing on.

Partially your fault for advocating their effectiveness constantly. Also doesn't help that the best way to stop opposing missile bot is a repeater and your missile bot for essentially counter battery fire, as the bastard thing is almost always prone (Stupid prone rem rules) on an inaccessible roof where you cant touch it otherwise.

zapp and Space Ranger like this.
  10. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Hassassin Barid have BS 12 and can Core in Hassassin and can be both KHD with (Trinity -3) and HD
    Moderators can Core in Bakunin
    Hollowmen have BS 13 and can Core in Tunguska
    Custodiers have BS 12 and can Core in Bakunin and can be both KHD and HD+
    Valerya Gromoz is Wildcard in White Company and Dahshat with HD (+1 B Total Control)
    Scylla have BS 12 and a Repeater on the Synch REM and have Trinity +2 DAM on all EVO and HD profiles

I'd say most factions with Pitchers are well equipped to hit the broadside of the planet they are standing on, Danavas and Cyberghosts basically stand out by being bad at it.

--

While it is my own self-interest given the factions I play to reduce the hacker-spam, I'm still not entirely sure whether the balance between KHD and HD is off*, nor the balance between HD and Hackable. I do think that it might be time to let Guided go the way of the dodo, though. Or at least limit Guided to be exclusive to units specifically designed for it (Yan Huo Missile Launcher wouldn't be a bad fit) so as to specifically take the tool away from the factions most prone to spamming hackers and repeaters.

* More like: I don't think the situation can ever truly be fixed as long as Hackers are allowed to freely just gang up through repeaters like they have been doing for the longest of time. I think a better solution if the situation turns to be weird in the other direction again is that rather than engaging in an arms race between HD and KHD, instead have Repeaters have exclusive access; one Hacker at a time. Stops the ganging up issue which is primarily what's protecting HDs from KHDs atm.

SpectralOwl and Triumph like this.
  11. Triumph

[​IMG]

12. darthchapswag

darthchapswag Shandian Strike Team

Back to the original question of the thread, I've run IA for Panic Room and they are golden for it.

Zuyong and Shang Ji all come with No2, allowing a punchy HI core or Haris to quickly get to the room (6-2 and TacAware orders), decent long range weapons to get there safely (HMG/AP HMG), loaded with close range weapons (B4 Breaker pistols, Multi Rifles, etc), protected by a -6 Tinbot, and 2 wildcards that have built in repeaters for further hacking protection/counter hacking.
    Due to the peculiarity of pistol (+1B) in active CC, Zuyongs are no slouch with B2 CC17 breaker, and Krit is B2 CC19 before gang up boni.

Every other big hitter HI comes with another scoring mechanic option (NCO, CoC, etc), one being an expensive -6 camo marker with a nanopulser, HMG, and DA CCW that can chill inside.

The Hulang (who I've tried to make work for so long in IA) becomes lethal. There's no downside to trying to start him closer to the Panic Room as failing the Confused Deployment just makes him deploy as normal. Using him as a deterrent or a Round 2 or 3 room clearance is his true purpose. Bang a Crazykoala down then force some unhappy decisions. Such as a spec fire EM grenade against any HI.

IA having 2x 12pt shotgun repeater remotes that can wildcard into the fireteam are a cheap way to bump a Shang/Zuyong faux-Haris to full fireteam boni on the assault/room defence. Leave them behind the room and they provide great repeater cover for any enemies trying to clear the room. Alternately, use them to spotlight enemies already in the room and guided missile them to death.

Bringing the guided ML bot, MSV MSR Haidao, and a Zuyong ML/Shang HRL gives a good defensive Haris. If you start with 2nd turn this can be reinforced with the 2 wildcard repeater bots for 6th sense and BS+3, then on your active turn shift them to the aggressive HI link.
    This missile turret also gives you a credible way to take out enemy biotechvore pylons and force their overwatch units to move.

Yan Huo gets an honourable mention for making a missile Haris with the ML bot and a Zuyong ML for the B3 active missile and Bioimmunity letting him save against the biotechvore on ARM5.

Zhencha and the Liu Xing are the only two units that really suffer in this mission but I find leaving them out allows you to focus on the HI core I always want to run with a decent chance at success.
    All in all a fun mission that plays into all IA's advantages.

wes-o-matic, aglaraina and Mahtamori like this.
  13. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

@darthchapswag Something** like this ... or ?

gMwPaW52aW5jaWJsZS1hcm15ASCBLAIBCQCAlgELAACE6QECAACAjQECAACAogEEAACFpQECAACE3AEFAAB/AQgAAITeAQUAAH8BDAACAQCAogEEAA==

**Note I'm no list builder, I was trying to extrapolate the ideas from your post :)

darthchapswag likes this.
  14. Space Ranger

And never forget the Baggage REM to fill back up those spent repeaters!

15. darthchapswag

darthchapswag Shandian Strike Team

That's very similar to the one I ran, except with a Zuyong ML instead of the Shang Ji.

This is what I'd run if I did it again:
    gMwPaW52aW5jaWJsZS1hcm15EVBhbmljIFJvb20gUnVtYmxlgSwBAQoBhNwBBQACfwEIAAOAlgEKAASE3gEDAAWAogEEAAaAogEEAAd/AQYACICNAQIACYTeAQUACoCDAQcA

The Hac Tao can't be underestimated.

infyrana likes this.
  16. Triumph

The post to forums function works again btw

Panic Room Rumble
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10 [​IMG]2
    DĀOYĪNG (Lieutenant [+1 Order], Hacker, Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun ( ) / Breaker Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 30)
    ZÚYǑNG (Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle ( | TinBot: Firewall [-6]) / CC Weapon, Breaker Pistol(+1B). (0 | 31)
    SHÀNG JÍ (Forward Observer, Tactical Awareness) MULTI Rifle, Chain-colt, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 40)
    HǍIDÀO (Hacker, Killer Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun ( ) / Breaker Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 24)
    PANGGULING FTO (Repeater) Light Shotgun ( ) / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 12)
    PANGGULING FTO (Repeater) Light Shotgun ( ) / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 12)
    ZÚYǑNG Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun / CC Weapon, Breaker Pistol(+1B). (1.5 | 35)
    SON-BAE Yaókòng Missile Launcher / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (1.5 | 16)
    HǍIDÀO (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper Rifle ( ) / Breaker Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 33)
    HAC TAO (NCO) Heavy Machine Gun, Nanopulser / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (1.5 | 65)

6 SWC | 298 Points

Open in Infinity Army

darthchapswag likes this.
  17. Zhōu Yú

Zhōu Yú Member

ITS12 v 1.1 released, but English version still prohibits to chose marker as Marker. Does it means, you officialy change your mind about, or it was forgeotten to update?

18. HellLois

HellLois What the Hell...Lois?
    CB Staff

is changed, try to refresh the document you have to see the V1.1 version.

[​IMG]

Zhōu Yú and inane.imp like this.
  19. Triumph

Spanish says this

"Al final de la Fase de Despliegue, el jugador debe declarar qué Hacker de su Lista de Ejército tendrá acceso al programa Data Erasure. Esta Tropa deberá encontrarse siempre en la mesa de juego como Miniatura o como Marcador. No se permite elegir Hacker con Dispositivo de Hacker Asesino."

Google translate says

"At the end of the Deployment Phase, the player must declare which Hacker from his Army List will have access to the Data Erasure program. This Troop must always be on the game table as a Miniature or as a Marker. It is not allowed to choose Hacker with Killer Hacker Device."

The current English ITS document says this:

"At the end of the Deployment Phase, the player must declare which Hacker from their Army List has access to Data Erasure. The Trooper chosen must be always one of the Models deployed on the game table. This Trooper must always be on the game table as a Model or as a Marker. Players are not allowed to choose Hackers with Killer Hacking Devices."

The bolded sentence appears to be absent from the spanish version, granted translation may be shit I don't speak spanish.

20. Triumph

I did refresh, version 1.1 in english doesn't look like what you screen shot says.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation