1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why has CB split JSA from YJ?

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by prophet of doom, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

I think the point is that the Catholic Church has been in the lobbying business for a long time, and they are a centralized power, whereas Islam isn't known for being particularily unified.

The Catholic Church doesn't have absolute control over ressurrection, all religious institutions on PanO have the control over the Ressurrection proces. The NeoVatican is simply way more competent than its competitors.

Danger Rose, Belgrim and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Leaving aside market demands, there is already Haqquislam to represent the muslim faith (in a differnt light that nowadays). And Military Orders is simply an army sponsored by the Catholic Faith, not an automatic "PanO is 100% catholic".

3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I agree it is story-based, but I'm presenting mechanics-based concerns and possibilities as well.

xagroth likes this.
  4. artimage

artimage Being of Pure Awesome
    Warcor

I was merely pointing out that while it may not be a majority, it is not a people/religion without influence to the faction.

5. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

Flash backs to 40k with my chosen faction being a punching bag for most everyone even in their own books.

Pierzasty likes this.
  6. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

Those nations were not ignored. There is some reference to Southeast Asia religions in the Bagh Mari and Sikh units, although those are not Muslims and calling them so would make them quite angry.

I honestly doubt there was ever an idea that Space Knights are a must, especially since the comparison to 40k only goes as far as 'both games have space knights'. If anything, there probably is a distinct influence from CB being a Spanish company, thus having some Catholic influence, but they did make it so other factions have different religions or religious themes, so I don't think saying they're ignoring this or that influence is right.

As for JSA splitting, there's a rumor that Invincible Army is coming out this year. They might have been concerned that two sectorial armies with a focus on Heavy Infantry Fireteams would be too much in the same faction. Thus, by splitting off JSA they can both give JSA a buff to make them more unique, and also make the IA more unique too. This avoids JSA getting eclipsed by the new releases, something I feel has happened to armies like Shasvastii and Merovingia.

7. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

I just don't think the PanO elite thought it was a great idea to freight millions of poor Indonesians across the galaxy to their new paradise.

8. Mahtamori

JSA would have a very distinctly different focus than Invincible Army. I mean like Steel Phalanx versus Qapu Kahlki different. Shas and Merrovingia are both outdated sectorials and both are getting a complete and utter remake, so I don't think either are good comparisons to... well... anything?

Hecaton likes this.
  9. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

You seem to either assume without basis, or know more than the rest of us... since Merovingia was stated to be benched until at least the next gen of sectorials. the one after TAK/Vedic/Shasvastii/Varuna/Invencible...

Pierzasty and chromedog like this.
  10. Mahtamori

I have read on multiple occasions people referring Bostria stating to Merovingia is taking time because they are mechanically redefining the army.

11. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

That was what I heard about Shasvastii... and that Merovingia would take time because the RusAriadna was first... so... XD

Pierzasty likes this.
  12. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Well, they're certainly taking their sweet time to do it :/

Pierzasty and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  13. Mahtamori

GenCon 2015, if you want to sift through information.

14. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

We don't know about that. Sure, the models we have for Invincible Army right now are shooting focused, but so is the rest of the game. What if CB wants to give them some close combat punch? What if they want Yu Jing to move away from the close combat army vision some players have? I just think it is better to wait until all the releases have been revealed before complaining whether or not this was a bad idea

Stiopa likes this.
  15. Mahtamori

JSA and IA both being HI focused (which JSA is not, really) doesn't mean they had to separate due to overlap since both of those sectorials would be very different. What you bring up here is a different reason, and one that could be valid, if they want to decrease melee orientation of Yu Jing.

Aldo likes this.
  16. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

They could start with Zanshi.

17. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Because fuck you, that's why.

On a more serious note, if CB truly want to change Yu Jing's direction by removing all the CC oriented stuff, how about they get rid of the CC Tax on the remaining chinese models. Because my Zhanshi and Zuyongs sure as shit don't need to be paying for that extra CC stat if Yu Jing isn't going to be the kung fu faction anymore.

Kallas, Pierzasty, Shoitaan and 3 others like this.
  18. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Oh wait, the darndest thing just occured to me... CB planned the JSA split all along!

(totally my own idea. Nope there isn't any fluff whatsoever building up to this moment :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

I do own a bunch of YJ minis, with Ninjas/Shikami staying I can hardly tell the difference for ISS. Vanilla takes a slight hit, but will only really miss Shinobu/Oniwaban. What I am very exited about is a playstyle for JSA that isn't either a Domaru Link or a bunch of TO Infiltrators, Keisotsu and a Rui Shi.

Danger Rose and DukeofEarl like this.
  19. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

I was just reading HS3 YuJing section for the first time before this news dropped. Color me not surprised...

DukeofEarl likes this.
  20. NewWorldKing

NewWorldKing New Member

I mean, it's been implied since the original release that the Japanese were getting pooped on by Yu Jing high command.

But from a game perspective, the JSA were good at everything and balancing and fleshing them out made a concern for how it could affect the rest of Yu Jing. Then again, all most Vanilla players lost were Shinobu/Oniwabans and the Raiden.

I'm just hoping we get a CC sectorial to fill in our little niche.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation