1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N4 Military Orders - As Things Stand

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by AdmiralJCJF, Nov 10, 2020.

1. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

It's probably just the Nomads I've been playing into recently, but it's hard for any KHD (or De Fersen with Trinity) to take on multiple opponents simultaneously, which is what seems to be required with the midfield presence being Repeaters rather than the Hackers themselves.

And I've not seen a deployment zone yet I could drop a hackable unit into without taking at least one Oblivion as a response to the drop.

But maybe that's just the local meta.

Lesh' likes this.
  2. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

Agreed, taking on multiple opponents at once is hard.

But both santiago KHD profiles have a ready means and the stats and equipment to move around the table and pick off the opponents hackers one by one. Or the means of just bulling their way through the opponents repeater net by killing it as they push forwards.

3. AdmiralJCJF

I'm less confident in BTS 6 and WIP 13 to win F2F hacking, even with a -3 helping on our end of the test.

It's been difficult to clear these out without coming into their range, so far. But that might be a factor of terrain. Maybe if your terrain is less dense in midfield?

4. daboarder

Warcor

Nah they have access to marker states and /or CJ

A Mão Esquerda and SpectralOwl like this.
  5. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

are you referencing the santiago ? since they do have bts 3

6. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

@AdmiralJCJF I faced your problem and I got to the conclusion that the solutions are Peacemakers, Trinitaries, Dart and/or KotHS LGL. And here you come to one of the big problem in MO: your solutions to your big problems come in two shapes:
    - Cheap and they may not live long to solve this problem more than once.
    - Expensive and hard to kill, comparatively.

I still need to play and experiment. So far, I never fielded an Albedo BF even if the unit is still crazy. But there is much more competition for his price bracket than before and it's hard to find room for him now.

7. AdmiralJCJF

And a Tinbot.

How does that help avoid coming within 8" before you take out a repeater?

8. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

Remember tinbots don't add bts anymore . They reduce the damage of the attack. Functioning like cover. I know people that argues before breaker hacking programs would affect the bts gained from tinbots, so this is technically better.

9. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Yup Tinbot is -3DAM same as cover, for BTS3 against i.e. Oblivion that's 2 points better BTS than BTS6. Significant difference, especially since there's a WIP penalty on top of it as well (again working like Cover, just reducing WIP instead of BS).

10. daboarder

Warcor

Because it lets you ignore the repeater net and go straight for the hacker. In a 1 on 1 fight the santiago KHDs will chew through most opponents hackers.

11. AdmiralJCJF

Fair.

Most of the ones I've been facing are buried back in DZ, which makes it tough.

But I see the argument you are making here.

12. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

Honestly, when i face opponents they deploy repeater nets for their one or two hackers in DZ and have KHD skirmishers often in marker state to hunt my own hackers. The reactive hacking f2f is not fantastic, the active turn hacker gets to do some serious bullying, and often we are getting hit by far superior hackers

13. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

So that Knight of Justice Hacker... I gotta say it's quickly becoming one of my favorite profiles. Doesn't have amazing WIP, but BTS9, plus 3 for firewall mods with a Santiago's Tinbot is pretty neat. It probably doesn't hurt that it can solo Mindwipe killing the objective with it's choice of 3 different tools, haha.

14. ThananRollice

ThananRollice Your Friendly Neighborhood Locust
    Warcor

I completely agree! In WinterFor or MO, you can Wildcard them into a Bulleteer Duo as well, to create a really nice combo. It's why I've started converting my own KoJ hacker! 20201031_170129.jpg 20201031_170142.jpg

15. AdmiralJCJF

Nice conversion.

I would probably just use De Ferson, as I am certainly not likely to use both of them.

16. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

I'll be honest, I like Thanan's conversion better than defersen, and likely looks nicer next to hospitallers since defersen is kinda tiny

17. AdmiralJCJF

You know he got a new sculpt, right?

[​IMG]

Which is the basis for that conversion?

I'm basically just saying that he doesn't need the additional work.

18. valukr

valukr Well-Known Member

Been playing a lot of MO recently. Really enjoying DeFerzen, Hospitaller HMG and Santiago KHD Harris. Also, really getting to like the Black Friar, between drop bears, MSV2 and +3 discover, he comes in handy. Dart has been immense problem solver.

What I find really challenging in MO is doing damage to opponent without overextending and leaving yourself vulnerable for the counter punch. I been using the Montessa Redfury and Peacemaker Spitfire to as my attack pieces to mitigate the loss of orders if I get caught up field. I also feel these two troops can solve some of the groans regarding order efficiency, as they either start up the field of move so fast

19. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Well you summed up all the problems.
    That Haris costs as much as a full Magister +Santiago Spitfire Core.

Dart is the only thing that has a Marker, starts up field, can get places and take a hit while not hackable.

Moving any sort of expensive HI Link across the board, especially that Haris, likely results in them facing off against the best answer your opponent has against the weakest point of that Link your opponent can find. MOD-less BS14/PH14 +1B only gives you so much survivability when your oppoent gets to use his entire set of tools to pick it apart.
    Montesa and Peacemaker are good at getting somewhere and start blasting. But not so good at using your entire Order pool. Lack of MODs, "low" BS/DAM is noticeable.
    The Dart/Tik tag team does a lot for me here. Problem is I'll have to take a pretty useless HI Lt and should somehow still fit a Core Link, a Trinitarian FO for button pushing and 15 bodies in there somewhere, so it's often one of them, not both.

#39 Teslarod, Nov 22, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    Sangarn, miguelbarbo84 and valukr like this.
  20. valukr

valukr Well-Known Member

I've been really consciously playing an attrition style of play, where I chip away and really try avoid taking damage.

They are expensive, but my god, they can do anything. The Magisters are better at shooting, but at the end of the day they cant push buttons and run out of panzerfuasts.

Yeah, the Montessa and Peacemaker are absolute bullies, I appreciate what you mean by "low" BS, that's why you need to pick on the weaklings

I've also been eyeing off the Boarding Shotgun Bulleteer, anyone give this a go? This thing would be great at taking on heavy hitters, provided they don't have template weapons, thoughts?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation