1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[EN] Return of the Maqq (Haqqislam in blue and orange)

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by wisefaiz, Feb 15, 2018.

1. wisefaiz

wisefaiz Well-Known Member

Finally made the move over to the new forums. Here is my painting log which has been such a motivator and source of good advice for improvement over the years. I've taken some new photos of my minis, grouped approximately in the order they were painted, and will update the thread with new photos as I complete more models.

I started paying Infinity in circa 2012, here are the models from back then:
    [​IMG]

These came next after lots of constructive feedback from the above, specifically on increasing contrast. The Ragik was a HMG which I converted to a spitfire many years after the fact. This resulted in me repainting the weapon, which is why it resembles the style seen only later on.
    [​IMG]

These lot came next, probably painted around 2013.
    [​IMG]

Next is one of my favourites, Captain Islam! Still around 2013, but the Nasmat remote was later (probably 2015), and after a big upgrade in the brushes, paints and work space that I was using.
    [​IMG]

These next few were done from 2015 onwards (the Lasiq maybe in 2017), and based on feedback from the old forums, I was started to play with leather and wood effects.
    [​IMG]

And finally the latest group, which were actually batch painted in one go in 2017. They took me 6 months, but are still the quickest I've ever churned out minis. I'll batch paint by default now, I think, as these were such a success (re: speed).
    [​IMG]

#1 wisefaiz, Feb 15, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  2. wisefaiz

And a little WIP of the next batch! Actually the photo is a month or so old, the finished pics should be up soon!
    [​IMG]

3. gullinbursti

gullinbursti Member

I really like the bluish grey and orange colour scheme on the Haqqislam. For some reason the chicken bots make me think of the assblasters from Tremors 3 :D

wisefaiz likes this.
  4. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Great work on those gems, man. Top notch!

wisefaiz likes this.
  5. wisefaiz

Well, now I need to see Tremors 3! :P

Here's the next batch: 2 Ghazi, an arm swapped Lasiq sniper, and a Djanbazan sniper.

[​IMG]

I bought a new brush on matt varnish from an art supply store, am very happy with it. Painting wise this is my first attempt in a long time at skin tones, I think I can work on this. Also the wood effect on the Djanbazan's rifle is less that stellar. Will mess around with my 'recipe ' for this next time as well. Any tips on skin or painting wood grain are most welcome!

Finally, a little wip of a Maghariba (old one) conversion. I'm going to try and bend the leg down and tilt the whole body into a more dynamic pose. Let's see how it goes...

[​IMG]

Big thanks to @KedzioR_vo for a post he made on the old forums about converting his I think, Daylami. The trick with filing down a razor worked really well!

6. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I'm glad it helped :) It's a really simple and effective trick :)

And your minis are great :) Nice, original painting scheme, and very good technique. Congrats!

PozdRawiam / Greetings

taylor and wisefaiz like this.
  7. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Oh snap. I love the gritty realism of it. Well done!

wisefaiz likes this.
  8. maru

maru Well-Known Member

hope you like the fact new Asawira is reliced and sa usual do not fit old one XD

9. wisefaiz

I already have the old Asawira with spitfire, so I avoided the issue this time!

Pierzasty likes this.
  10. wisefaiz

Thank you very much for the kind words!

So not much progress these weeks - just some completed bases. I wonder which minis they're for? So many options for that 70mm base :P

[​IMG]

I made some little trees for my slowly growing table!

[​IMG]

11. wisefaiz

Ugh, so much pinning.

[​IMG]

12. TheMethOfCookingArt

TheMethOfCookingArt Well-Known Member

Damn mate, how i missed your work? Great NMM you doin. Excited to see more. Maybe some Closeups of your Haqqis would be great. This NMM must be shown closer.

#12 TheMethOfCookingArt, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    wisefaiz and taylor like this.
  13. wisefaiz

Thank you, such enthusiasm is so nice to read! I'll certainly take some close ups next time. For now, here's the converted Maggie slowly taking shape...

[​IMG]

Section9, xagroth, sarf and 2 others like this.
  14. wisefaiz

Here it is! I tried to have it sliding from right to left, leaning down and leveraging its HMG. I had to adjust the legs big time, and in the end I'm not sure it's as dynamic as I thought it might me. Do you think it captures movement from side to side? Maybe I can paint some skid marks on the base... but they would be hard to see under the model.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Segis, xagroth, taylor and 1 other person like this.
  15. Zeidan

Zeidan Baturro Extremo

@wisefaiz pretty cool. I would try to remove both arms and look for others thinness following the direction of the movement to improve de dynamism feeling. Maybe adapting something like this:
    [​IMG]
    PD: Im not sure abot the size of those, but they looks awsome.

wisefaiz likes this.
  16. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Marks should be visible from the other side (you haven't provided any picture from behind, so guessing...). Remember to destroy the grass zone too, and carry over some plants and soil into the tarmac. Maybe twist its right arm so it aims higher and to the left/center (or mostly up).

Edit: typo.

#16 Mob of Blondes, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  17. wisefaiz

Great idea! I've assembled the model like this, with the right arm twisted up, but totally failed to put marks on the base to show the movement. I'll try and do this then post some pics! Thanks also @Zeidan for your suggested alternative weapon. In the end I needed the model assembled for a tournament so didn't have the time to wait for parts. I agree though, that turret looks fantastic!

18. Fyeya

Fyeya Yakitori over a light flamethrower

I love the old maggie, it's so round and cuddly.

19. wisefaiz

Round and cuddly, incoming:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Yep, worked nicely

Green and wisefaiz like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation