1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vanilla Combined Army: The full review and breakdown of N4 profiles

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Vaulsc, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Vaulsc

Vaulsc Well-Known Member

2. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Ohhh yes. I will watch this.

3. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

May have been worth going through the list; LI, MI, HI, REMs, SK, WB... rather than just top to bottom. Makes the discussion a little disjointed because you go from Vanguard to Fraacta to Legate, etc. Or if you grouped by roles? AD with AD, etc Would also make it easier for people to jump around the vid to sections they're interested in (the vid is 160mins)

EDIT - being picky, Worm is a good healer but, outside of CPs, paramedics are as good or better at healing the big hitters you named

#3 paraelix, Nov 3, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    WiT? likes this.
  4. paraelix

@Vaulsc - On Bit & Kiss -
    You state the non-KHD version has "all the regular hacking programs" - she doesn't. She only has Oblivion and Trinity. She has the "Hacker" skill, but does not have a Hacking Device, so she only has the programs gifted her via Upgrades.
    You also state that using her minelayer ability would expend a charge of her Pitcher, but it would be using her Deployable Repeaters, which are a separate gear piece and have their own limited ammo.

Other rules bits;
    CoC works vs Isolation;
    upload_2020-11-4_8-36-50.png

#4 paraelix, Nov 3, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  5. Alphz

Good catch, although that raises the question whats the difference between the profiles? They are functionally identical except the no device profile is 1 point cheaper... Oh and the cheaper profile has the more expensive KISS profile who comes with a repeater? This must be a bug

6. paraelix

CB didn't write rules to adequately account for Repeaters under Markers. The profile with Repeater on Kiss doesn't get access to Cybermask, cos it doesn't have a KHD. The same was done to Moran Maasai - they started N4 with Camo AND Repeaters, and have now been split into Camo or Repeater profiles.

Brokenwolf, Alphz and SpectralOwl like this.
  7. paraelix

Spawn Embryo is still dead at the end of game, you don't get VPs for them - it just counts as living during end of round scoring, calculating Retreat, etc.
    upload_2020-11-4_9-43-51.png

Lesh' and RobertShepherd like this.
  8. Lesh'

Lesh' Infinity LATVIA
    Warcor

it's their way to solve "what happens when you hack through a repeater that is in a marker state"

9. Alphz

Wow, I didn't connect that together. That explains it all!

paraelix likes this.
  10. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

Big +1 on this, have found guides that clump like units together more useful than using their weird ordering system.

So far the guide seems solid, your viewpoints have mirrored mine on units I have experience even down to stuff like the Vanguard LT, so will take opinions on things like Nourkias who I haven't tried quite seriously.

Wish I'd seen it before I wasted my time trialling a Legate in my last game. The guide is pretty accurate on those guys lol

11. joedj

joedj Member

Well worth watching for anyone interested in Combined Army in N4!
    Thank you for the marathon session!

12. joedj

joedj Member

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation