1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tsyklons and Lunokhods: The Forgotten Remotes?

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by AmPm, Sep 30, 2020.

1. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

Definitely. The games I have played so far I haven't had any issues getting Jazz to launch pitchers to where they need to be. I'll give it a try with the Tsyklon Haris and see if their combined Repeater hell works.

2. Lampyridae

Lampyridae Well-Known Member

I think the ability to put down +0 Suppression Fire all the way out to 24" and in a complete 360 circle should be mentioned for the Tsyklon. Would have saved my bacon the previous game.

loricus and Tourniquet like this.
  3. archon

archon Well-Known Member

An interesting niche. But a -12 supressive DAM 16 MK12 is also not bad.

#43 archon, Oct 14, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    Lampyridae likes this.
  4. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

the suppressive niche for tsyklon is nice...but the problem is that is too expensive in the end. Also, as I have seen during these years, the 360 gets less useful the better you play. It is a good tool to save you from some mistakes, but when you outplay your oponent, the 360 gets way less useful. For something so expensive I expect more direct effect in the game, not a niche, not a mistake solver in a few situations.

Modock and Lampyridae like this.
  5. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

For 1 SWC and 33pt minimum it's just not that efficient at it. There are so many other, more useful things in that point range. Compare it to the Bulleteer for example. For 1 SWC and 23pts you get an ODD remote that can really swing FtF rolls.

#45 AmPm, Oct 14, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    THEGRAAK likes this.
  6. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

The Xvisor pitcher by itself makes the Tsyklon one of the if not the best REMs for Nomads IMHO. Hacking is so good now that getting repeaters where you need them reliably is key to how I want to play.

Solar, inane.imp, Lampyridae and 2 others like this.
  7. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Linkable, pitcher with xvisor. Pretty much means we can geat a repeater where we want it and when we want it with a very high degree of reliability.

inane.imp and Hachiman Taro like this.
  8. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

360 visors are great. They have a massive impact when I face them.

Tourniquet likes this.
  9. Hachiman Taro

One thing I find with the Feuerbach at least is that the 360 visor lets you cover more of your deployment from AD easily, particularly back line AD. Which relieves a little anxiety going second. No one wants a Feuerbach to the face walking on your back line.

inane.imp and loricus like this.
  10. Lampyridae

I think then that the answer to Tskylons is "they have a lot of uses for their points". My first Vostok run resulted in a broken link and not even landing a single hit before it died, partly due to its positioning (at the rear to take advant where its Repeater was useless).

11. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Vostoks getting more expensive automatically start making Tsyklons more viable, and they compare relatively well to EVAder AP Spitfires (Wildcat Spitfire for an attacking Haris). Particularly given the ease with which both CJC and BJC can Haris them with decent Engineers (EVAders, Wildcats and Clockmakers) and/or Hackers (Zoe not counting as a Clockmaker is a travesty here - because a Tsyklon, Grrl Tinbot, Zoe Haris would be EPIC!).

But what about Lunokhods? They're still not really making it into any of my current lists as they don't appear to won out any efficiency bonuses and now cost more than a significant amount of HI (who have a similar amount of points sunk into ARM/BTS).

Aside: has anyone else noticed that Guided missile REMs have randomly different costs depending on which faction they're in?

Pflaumenmus and Icchan like this.
  12. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

not only guided missile REMs, there are a few things that have different values deppending on the faction or the profile, not sure which one (repeaters, position repeaters and pitchers have not a fixed value for example, their relative values between them differ in several units). This also happened last edition, but seems to me that in this, is more widespread but less obvious. That can be because there are still changes to be done, or because they are changing based on comments in the forum

Lampyridae likes this.
  13. Hachiman Taro

Lunokhod counts as Wildcat might get me to take it (and them)

Solar and AmPm like this.
  14. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

That would have been cool. And dropping Tsyklons in price would be nice.

15. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Lunokhods will get taken for me so they can counter deploy vs Speculos and Fidays and such

loricus, Lampyridae and Tourniquet like this.
  16. Demobot

Demobot New Member

Vostok went up in price

17. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

Yea, it's still just a straight up better option than either Tsyklon as a combat remote.

18. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Morans BSGs, Puppetactica and Uberfalls exist. They have similar performance in that role. Arguably the Moran BSG out-classes it because of Infiltration.

Admittedly Pupptermaster with Mine + Puppet BSG is 28/0.5 so actually more expensive than a Lunokhod. But you can often set if up so the Puppetmaster isn't vulnerable to the Impersonator.

Don't get me wrong... they're still good for that role... but 25pts? I kinda want a little bit more before they make it in.

Icchan and Hachiman Taro like this.
  19. Lampyridae

Puppetmaster also brings Counterintelligence to the table, which is nice. And there are a fair few Wounds distributed between the models.

20. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, in the rest of the forum: linked Tsyklon dropping Pitchers in my DZ with a Missile Bot AND a Baggage bot are best decapitation tools than a Fiday!!!!!11

Edit: so out of curiosity, how would you build such a list?

loricus and inane.imp like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation