1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It’s your list !

Discussion in 'Spiral Corps' started by Monster, Oct 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monster

Monster Well-Known Member

?

2. Monster

Sure i Will post a new one soon. Stay tuned

BlackCadian likes this.
  3. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Stop using "autism" as a slur and an insult.

Metal730, grampyseer, Reece and 6 others like this.
  4. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Hi mate, man that feels like forever.

Right now everything that can mount an efficient defense, kill TAGs, HI Links and can deal with a Hacker net on the other side of the table.
    - Vanilla Aleph is as efficient as ever has expendable Proxies, better Netrods and great TR Bots.
    - Vanilla CA for a lot of similar reasons, Noctifiers are better then ever and so is the new and improved Anathematic
    - Vanilla Nomads for new Puppets and about any tool you could want in the game

On the fence about everything else before I get to play more. Some Sectorials look pretty good, RPG party Corregidor and Sval for instance.

#24 Teslarod, Oct 16, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  5. BlackCadian

BlackCadian Well-Known Member

It was! Still the most relaxed and fun game I ever lost :)

Thanks for your insights, too!

Teslarod likes this.
  6. Monster

Why ?

7. Nuada Airgetlam

8. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see more discussion around the concept that some units are good and some are bad, that "its not your list its you" isn't the be all and end all of Infinity list design. Because frankly, some units are bad.

But Neema? Nah. Granted I've only played her in Tohaa (spiral is not my cup of tea), and she isn't super pushed, but garbage feels like way too much and I have had a ton of success with her as a core piece in my Tohaa armies for a very long time (since 2nd edition even)

And the style of the critique, isn't my cup of tea either. Calling something bad because your father left and not because of actual criticisms doesn't do much for me personally. And much of the critique that did mention game mechanics seemed to focus on weaknesses and ignore strengths. Imagine someone saying Kuang Shi are bad because they can't get cover and lack a BS weapon other than the pistol. Madness! Everything in the game is shit if you only look at the weaknesses of a unit.

On a related topic, I'm so stoked that the breaker/panzer is a discussion now. Love that the tradeoff of burst vs ammo is actually important in this edition.

Hisey and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  9. Monster

Imagine writing all this and not reading my definition of garbage.
    the Draal way outclasses neema , so she is redundant from a competitive standpoint if she is redundant Then you Will never take her, making her garbage I.e useless.

A unit never taken is useless right ? Because it is never used. I cannot be more clear I’m afraid as I am not a special ed teacher (kidding)

10. Monster

Updated original post with new entry!!!!!!

BlackCadian likes this.
  11. BlackCadian

BlackCadian Well-Known Member

“Artichoke waifu” cracked me up ngl.

I’m sure there’ll be plenty of gents that will disagree with how you present your arguments, but as of now I am looking forward to your next entries, especially once you get to stuff that’s actually good in your eyes.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  12. Nuada Airgetlam

Jesus fuck, you're disgusting.

meikyoushisui, Delta57Dash and Stiopa like this.
  13. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Yeah, wtf is that, edgelord central?

14. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

The way you define a word is never fully divorced from the actual meaning of the word. Garbage means useless and bad, or disgusting, beneath your notice. She is none of these things.

The Draal is better than Neema in certain roles, and arguably the main role for her of tri-core pointman. But Neema fills other roles by bringing burst, much better CC, or better durability, retaining capabilities after a wound, better WIP for symbiobombs, and covering the LT requirement with an additional order for if she goes solo. A Draal doesn't do any of that stuff. Yes, it shoots better against certain target types (vs armor, vs high quality non-visor), and worse against other targets (due to burst). But Neema does a ton of other stuff while being a satisfactory gun and not losing most of her utility after eating a wound.

If she was literally a Draal with worse stats and higher cost then your redundancy statement would make sense, but since she bleeds over into other roles in the way that a Draal does not, she is far from redundant - especially in tactical window, where investing points for general utility in models makes more sense than before.

Get over it man! People are allowed to say shit that you don't like, in ways you don't like. I say this as someone who also does not appreciate the language, but chaffing up the thread with this type of thing or trying to play thought or speech police isn't any better.

AdmiralJCJF, Ariwch, Aemaru and 2 others like this.
  15. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

You know, reading your stuff I kinda get the feeling you watch a lot of Angry Joe and Yahtzee and kinda didn't get what makes those guys funny. There's a fine line between humor and just being offensive, and you're kinda toeing it a little too much, mate. Oughta check it out and make sure your insults are funny first.

That being said, I really, really disagree with everything you've said. You're talking about competitive play but we don't even have an N4 ITS document yet, so any talk about competitive play is premature at best.

And one thing, whenever someone tries to debunk the whole 'It's not your list, it's you' saying I often get the feeling these guys are going the full other way and making it seem like anyone can take a champion list and win with it.

I've seen the winning lists of Interplanetario and I wouldn't be able to pilot them at all. Netlisting in infinity is a pointless excercise because of how matchups and mission can make such a big impact in the game, which is why I more often than not see the best players discuss models in the context of what they can accomplish, such as taking objectives or stalling enemy models, which is listbuilding, sure, but also how you employ these models.

Picking models apart and seeing what works and what doesn't is fun. I like to do that too. But honestly I think this approach focusing solely on the negative doesn't really help anyone.

RolandTHTG, Metal730, WiT? and 4 others like this.
  16. Nuada Airgetlam

No, an ableist schmuck is not allowed to say shit like this. And no, he's not allowed to use what I am as an insult. Whether it's nationality, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, religion or disability - slurs are not acceptable.

Fuck that noise.

And no, when somebody is this vulgar, obnoxious and detestable, on a bloody tin soldiers forum no less, I can and I will speak up against that BS.

17. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

I find it ironic that a person who openly flags himself with the Iron Front symbol, a movement founded on defending liberal democratic values (like freedom of speech), is so utterly determined to dictate what other should/shouldn’t say.

18. Nuada Airgetlam

First, if you think the three arrows are a liberal symbol, then there's a lot of reading ahead of you.

Second, you seem to have a very broken definition of "freedom of speech". It's not a right to say whatever you want, to whomever you want. It's specifically the right to not be censored, silenced and persecuted for what you say by your government.

A slur is a slur. He does this to insult, mock and demean people of certain persuasion. If you think the rules of this forum are "censorship", good luck on your crusade.

19. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

outside of the cringey writing style (which I find to be pretty annoying btw, this reads like you're one of those people that thinks being intentionally agitative or overly aggressive is a personality type or form of comedy in itself), you're only looking at each individual stat or piece of equipment on it's own and not looking at the overall package as a whole.

20. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Are they or are they not the symbol of the Iron Front? If so, then it LITERALLY was created by an organisation to defend liberal democracies you fucking mongoloid.

I think you will find that people would be more sympathetic to you if you weren’t generally an arrogant asshole that constantly pulls the “EdUcAtE yOuRsElF”-card, despite the fact that you are demonstrably and embarrassingly wrong.

Also yes, freedom of speech LITERALLY allows you to say what you want. It doesn’t shield you from the social consequences of your actions but you are not bared from speaking your mind. Stop trying to re-write definitions

Ariwch, Zsimbi, Teslarod and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation