1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Painting my Aristeia Miniatures

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Croepoek, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Croepoek

Croepoek Well-Known Member

I finally found some time to paint and voila I just tried to sculpt flames (Miliput was used) and here we go. A combination of a little girl controlling an angry killer robot with a supernova attack:

IMG-7056.JPG IMG-7055.JPG
    IMG-7053.JPG

#21 Croepoek, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    Daimeow, Abydog, Golem2God and 8 others like this.
  2. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Yeah, i dig it :+1:

Golem2God and Croepoek like this.
  3. Croepoek

Thanks!

I quickly edited the picture size, was way to big. I will make proper pictures in the next weeks and maybe some final adjustments to the model (fluorescent violet highlight on the flames, some last highlights for the grey). Will keep you guys posted :)

jherazob likes this.
  4. Croepoek

Next up our lady in black, Eclypse! Super early WIP. The plan is dark grey skin, blue clothes, nmm-style silver for the applications, white hair. Not sure about the whip yet. Maybe a dark brown? As soon as I get my Custom Meeple base, I will also try to integrate the darkness aspect a bit more :slightly_smiling_face:

IMG-7115.JPG
    IMG-7113.JPG

Oni, Koin-Koin, jherazob and 2 others like this.
  5. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@Croepoek I think your flaming Miliput idea was a success. Maybe make the whip a dark color to go along with the rest of the figure?

Croepoek likes this.
  6. Croepoek

Thank you! Status right now is a darker brown, which will end up slightly brighter then chocolate with the highlights. My hope is that it gives some sort of frame to the darker mini as the whip goes all around. Unfortunately I will only have the chance to work on her again next weekend, but looking forward to it!

jherazob and Golem2God like this.
  7. Golem2God

@Croepoek Hope all goes well for you the next time you can work on her. Looking forward to seeing your work in the future.

Croepoek likes this.
  8. Croepoek

Okay, update of Eclypse. Finished the mini recently and made some pictures with my phone. So please excuse the quality. As soon as my orderes custom meeple bases arrive, I will try to make some smoke/darkness creeping the floor effect.

But for now, what do you think?
    IMG-7290.JPG

IMG-7292.JPG IMG-7294.JPG IMG-7296.JPG IMG-7298.JPG

Attached Files:

Koin-Koin, Oni, volgo and 5 others like this.
  9. Golem2God

The colors fit a "lady of darkness" theme. I personally think the brown color of the whip & shoes are a great touch. You don't see brown used alot in color schemes but this is a good example of how to paint it.

Croepoek likes this.
  10. Croepoek

I have some WIP pictures of Prysm. I try to go for a turquioise armor, grey clothing and orange energy-diamonds (or whatever they are). Any thoughts? CC welcome :hugging_face:

IMG-7311.JPG IMG-7335.JPG IMG-7350.JPG IMG-7352.JPG

Xeurian, Koin-Koin, jherazob and 2 others like this.
  11. Golem2God

I say keep going on the route your currently on. If I had Prysm I would have her painted in Vi's colors from LoL (League of Legends) since Prysm does remind me of a sci-fi Vi.

Croepoek likes this.
  12. Croepoek

Okay, long time no see but I did quite a bit of painting in between. So I present my finished Prysm completely with electroshocking base. C&C always welcome!

Ps: I still have to take some proper pictures :)

prysm front.jpg IMG-0581 NEU.jpg

Oni, Usashi, Berjiz and 5 others like this.
  13. Croepoek

Some more new content. Put Wild Bill on a proper base and added some card player flair to it. Image him dropping his card game because an opponent disturbed him during a card trick. The only option now? Shoot them in the face ;)
    IMG-0571.jpg IMG-0572.jpg

Hope you like it. Comments and critic as always welcome :)

Attached Files:

Oni, Xeurian, archangeleong and 5 others like this.
  14. Bors

Bors Beltalowda Nomad

Nice. Love your details. Why you don't show his face?
    Maybe you could add another level of shade on his coat? Blue is very nice but a little flat apart form the edge.

#34 Bors, Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    Croepoek likes this.
  15. Croepoek

Hey, thanks for the feedback. You can see the full frontal on page one. Just added the base later.
    You are right, there is at least one more level to go. But Wild Bill is sealed so I have to take that learning and apply it on the minis to come :)

16. Bors

Bors Beltalowda Nomad

I think there is no problem. You can add another layer and cover with another layer of transparent paint. Unless it's tle problem with the paints you use.
    And for the photos - I can't see them. I don't know is it a problem of browser or side, but I don's see many pictures if they ar not added as a full picture in the posts.
    Earlier post: Zrzut ekranu 2020-03-24 o 02.08.09.png
    And the last ones as I see them:
    Zrzut ekranu 2020-03-24 o 02.09.40.png Add pictures always using "Full Image"option. Maybe it will help.

#36 Bors, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  17. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

Try to open the page in private mode or with another browser. It could be a cookie issue or sometime, you just need to log off from the forum as it tend to act strangly.

18. Bors

Bors Beltalowda Nomad

I'm logging on every time I came here, so... I will see. I have some problems with forum pictures on both of my two computers and on mobile, so...

19. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

The forum seems to lose, or at least disallow, old pictures. Known issue, but unknown solution, other than private browsing (or logout) to at least get low resolution thumbnails.

20. MikeWy

MikeWy Well-Known Member

You really ought to make some painting tutorials, your painting has made me see these models in a new light. Not been a huge fan of the standard painting style for Aristeia models (except the alternative skin ones), these look very nice imo and it shows it is my imagination not the model sculpt fault haha ^_^.

Croepoek and Golem2God like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation