1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White Banner so far...

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Space Ranger, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I agree, but possibly for other reasons.
    Of all armies to do this to, Yu Jing armies seem to be the least inclined to actually want multiples of the same Wildcard unit in their links, aside from Haidao and (N3 version) Tian Gou. If they were to do this to an army, they'd be better off finding one more inclined to spamming Wildcards.

2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Hey, maybe in N4 they'll have solved the problem of the argument is about getting me to put one Shang Ji in a link, let alone making me want to put 2 in a link.

Space Ranger likes this.
  3. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

Probably will drop enough in price haha

4. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

As someone new to looking into Yu Jing, and even more so into White Banner, how has WB been so far in N4 ?

I can't wait to check out battle reports and tactica as well as find out where best to direct my purchasing habits :)

5. Surmelk

Surmelk Well-Known Member

I have 4 games so far with lists built around Shang ji AP HMg harris and a zhanshi core with HRL shang ji. Something like this

C056C33D-B432-451B-BAE5-17F3CE615BD2.jpeg
    shang ji AP HMG in the harris has been super good. The core okish ! My overall impression is that there is tons of lists with many hackers and/or Tags. I have been struggeling against lists with good Tags which go first. Or against lists with pitchers. Maybe i need a killer hacker too.

infyrana likes this.
  6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I think both IA and WB needs to get into the habit of adding 2x Zhanshi HD and 1x Lu Duan as their first units. I've been unable to quite find a good way to do the same in ISS, which might seem odd since Celestial Guard are there and AVA T, but ISS seems tighter on points.

I do not think that solo hackers that try to do their stuff out on the field instead of through Repeaters is a good way to handle things except as a niche button pusher - a mobile/deployable Repeater is simply too big of a threat to such a unit and the risk of getting overwhelmed due to how Repeaters work is very, very, real in this edition.

Paegis and Sedral like this.
  7. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

The Tian Gou can make a nasty surprise if disguised as a Zhanshi. But I'm not sure he's worth the cost.

8. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Has the core been on ARO duty?

9. Surmelk

Surmelk Well-Known Member

Yeah the brave Shang ji HRL in the core has started standing up for Aro usually. He has been okish. Would rather have a Haidao msv2 sniper. Plan has been to guts him prone after a wound or revive him with medics. But he has either been totally killed or shruged thing off.

the huanglong likes this.
  10. the huanglong

Really starting to think WBA needs wildcard Son-bae and Panguling FTO.

Mahtamori likes this.
  11. Space Ranger

WB is still a bit frustrating for me in N4. I can't seem to create the force I'd like to do. I'm still disappointed Liang Kai and Jing Qo can't be in teams other than Duo. Ye Mao can only Haris, Jujak can only join Shang Ji. Meanwhile over in White company, Kaplans can core with Liang Kai, Jujak, and Haidao! Plus I get Tigers and Guilang. Even Varangian are "close" to Shaolin.

12. the huanglong

It's really restrictive!

I was so looking forward to an army that played like a conventional Yu Jing force with the classic Yu Jing roster, instead we find these ridiculous AVA on Zhanshi and bizarrely restrictive link options compared to other factions and sectorials.

I want to build something that at least looks like a conventional State Empire fireteam. 5 zhanshis, ot Zhanshis and a remote.

zapp likes this.
  13. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

@Space Ranger Regarding Jing Qo and Liang Kai, does it not work that Liang Kai counts as a Shaolin for fireteam composition and that Jing Qo can form a Duo with a Shaolin ?

14. Paegis

Paegis Vincible Officer

You're correct. But I think what Space Ranger was getting at was that it would have been nice to put either of them into a Haris or Core.

infyrana likes this.
  15. Space Ranger

As @Paegis said. The Liang Kai count as a Shaolin means he can only Duo with JQ. And neither of them have smoke or other reliable ways of getting to where you want them. If either of them were in a Haris or Core, the enemy would need to deal possibly with the rest of the core before going at them. They also have weird mis-matched movement skills. LK has Forward Deploy and Super Jump. Jing Qo has Climb+. If one could Climb+ and the other Super Jump in the same order, it would be ok, but they can't. While they would possibly not use those skills in a Haris or Core, they still have other advantages that make up for it.

Examples below are just to show. I wouldn't necessarily use them. It's just to show what can and can't be done in comparison.

This is the team I can't do in WB.
    upload_2020-10-13_15-14-24.png

This is the team that can be done in White company. Liang Kai and Shona can join any Kaplan team. Kaplans are the "equivalent" to Ye Mao, in being Mim -3, Medium troops.
    upload_2020-10-13_15-14-53.png

No I'm not saying this to be negative! It is what it is. I just wish it were different. I don't understand why they gave other factions and some great flexibility and then kept WB so restrictive. Also, you'd think, story-wise, Liang Kai (A Shaolin monk) would be able to link directly with Shaolin. In a force that's that's based on a world with strong Buddhist and Shaolin ties.

the huanglong and infyrana like this.
  16. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

While I don't like Zhanshi, I largely agree with the sentiments here. White Banner does not at all look like the sectorial I had thought it would be. It's mostly just an alternate avenue to run the Shang Ji AP HMG.

The new Shang Jesus profile is great, but I don't think it should be the dominant focus of two different sectorials. At least not when the way they're built around can end up being so similar.

the huanglong and archon like this.
  17. Ecthelion

Ecthelion Well-Known Member

Yeah I like White Banner because of their sculpts, but man, list building feels so clumsy and restrictive most of the time. Want a 5-man fireteam, one of the main tactical reasons for using a sectorial in the first place? You HAVE to use a wildcard. I'm really hoping we get the Hassassins treatment and get a somewhat cheap dire foes character that can fill out our Zhanshi cores like Leila did with AVA4 Ghilim.

I really wish either CB didn't have such an obsession over Shang Ji, or at least didn't use WB as their channel to express that obsession. Sectorials should be defined by having both powerful and flexible options for their most unique and fluffy units. Only allowing us to link Jujaks in Shang Ji fireteams hurts, especially when Shang Ji don't fit into our fluff well in the first place. I'm sure the new Shang Ji sculpts will be great, but yeah.

Also, PLEASE GIVE US MORE JACKETS. It's cold in Svalarheima, and one of the only things that's keeping me in WB is the aesthetics. I'm even considering learning how to sculpt green stuff so my 4th Zhanshi doesn't look so damn out of place.

Space Ranger and the huanglong like this.
  18. Drakefall

Drakefall Active Member

I have played two entire N4 games with White Banner and a couple CodeOne games with White Banner troops.

I absolutely love the roster available to the sectorial. Daofei, Ye Mao, Guilang, Hundun, Tiger Soldiers, etc. are all just great. The Shang Ji are looking good as a YJ ORC equivalent. All good on that front.

However, I must agree with my contempories that the fireteam options are a little woeful.

A Zhanshi core with Shanj Ji-sus is lovely and all but can we please have more that four Zhanshi if we would like? And can the Jujak not get some love in their home sectorial? Let them link with Zhanshi. That's the perfect place for the ML! Jing Qu really needs to be a wildcard as well. I want to take her but its so difficult finding a place for her in most lists.

Minor quibbles overall though really. In general I'm absolutely loving N4 and having a great time with White Banner. GG CB!

#398 Drakefall, Oct 14, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  19. archon

archon Well-Known Member

I wonder why CB giva a NA2 the better or more flexible Fireteam options than their main Yu Jing sectorial has. They did it with IA (Zuyong TA/Rui Shi) and do it again with WB (Jujak/Liang) again. Again with a new sector and relative new troop types.

Fluffwise a state army might be more restrictive than a Merc company but practical YJ players feel cheated. Game wise it is not necessary. NA2 should be intresting but not the better choice over a main faction sectorial.

krossaks and the huanglong like this.
  20. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

It is an incentive to expand into other factions. If you already own IA but don't want to commit to expanding fully into Haqq or Ariadna, Dashat is a nice compromise with additional gameplay and list building options. Those "special" fireteams are probably one of the bigger selling points and I believe they are part of a sales strategy more than anything else.

I don't particularly like it, but I also accept that some of that shenanigans is probably inevitable in this business to drive sales.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation