1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jayth Pit patrol

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Cannon Fodder, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried the jayth pit patrol. With the 15 model cap the pit patrol profile is an interesting way to sneak in an extra model. In N3 I considered the redfury profile the only good jayth, but the loss of taiga spam makes the pit patrol a serious option.

2. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

They buffed them with more rules, for sure, but they also bumped their costs and removed Shock Immunity. I can't really see a reason for taking them except, perhaps, the 25pt Chain Rifle bro as a Haris link enabler. Super bummed, because the models (and Sargosh) are amazing... but they just seem too glass hammer or too much role duplication vs better troops (Caliban)

LaughinGod likes this.
  3. Doppelgganger

Doppelgganger Well-Known Member

I think that it's necessary in vanilla with the 15 troops limit

4. MrAnarchy

MrAnarchy Active Member

I don’t think pit patrol is available in V. Combined

5. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Correct, pit patrol is in SEF only.

6. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

My biggest problem with them is being unable to coordinated order, which makes them quite order inefficient. I usually have better things to do than move a Taiga and a non-SWC Jayth out of my DZ into the midfield given theres no impetuous, coordination or infiltration to make it more efficient.

And that sucks, because profiles like this are so damn cool

7. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

I did get some good mileage out of a couple of pit patrol Jayth for specific ITS missions (the ones with an objective room), because it gave them the cover they needed to push forward and survive, and once they were in there they were phenomenal at locking down the room.

Outside of that, limited application, especially given the points bump.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation