1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N4/C1 Token Design Questions

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Lawson, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I think Holoecho markers could use extended numbering convention of 1A, 1B, 2A, etc

2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Holoecho and IMP can both turn up more than once in a list.

chromedog likes this.
  3. Thomashkis

Thomashkis Active Member

Great work so far!

Small note on mines and their types:
    - Shock Mines represent standard, fragmentation mines and their name refers to the hydrostatic shock, not the electricity itself. Therefore the lightning symbol is not appropriate here, a skull you used for AP mines would be much better here
    - AP Mines should transfer their symbol to the Shock Mines, and for AP a cracked shield would be the best representation of the properties of the ammo type
    - E/M Mines should get the lightning symbol from Shock Mines as they represent an EMP discharge, which when weaponized would basically be a small lightning frying all the electronics carried by a Trooper hit by it. This is why lightnng symbol suits E/M mines the best.

Oh, and if you could get us Ariadna folks a three numbered 40mm Camo markers in the same colour, that would be awesome ;)

Icchan likes this.
  4. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

This is fantastic work. Thank you very much.

Only comments, and this is purely subjective preference.

Not a fan of your impersonation marker. I think the smiley face is a classic.
    Also the camo -6 looks a bit low tech for what it should represent but understand why you ended up with what you did.
    I'd second the comment about mine icons still being a little confusing.

I'd definitely pay money for these tokens as 3D markers ala microart studios.

5. redki

redki New Member

we need a printable version!

6. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

Yeah, I get that shock doesn't mean the ammo electrocutes you, though an electrcal icon brings the *word* shock to mind for me, so it seemed like a good choice. The only thing I think of re: hydrostatic shock is either +P ammunition or the tunnel a bullet makes through ballistic gel, which I thought would be hard to execute... but the idea of using the skull and crossbones also makes sense, because it kills at 0 wounds.

Good idea to do a cracked shield for AP. I tried an armor piercing bullet icon as @Mahtamori recommended, and while it looked cool, I think the shield is more easily recognizable.
    I think I will avoid the "classic" lightning bolt for E/M though just because the cracked shield ends up having a roughly lightning bolt shape on its face as a result of the crack. I had considered a radioactive symbol instead on E/M because I know nuclear explosions create EMP, though it's just incidental and not how E/M weapons work. I've gone with something more along the lines of an electrocution warning sign, and it ends up feeling like a cross between a lightning bolt and a waveform/signal - which I think works well for E/M.

Also @Mahtamori I couldn't quite get a blade to work for Monofilament because the form factor of the icon needs to be roughly round or else the image gets too small, so I went with something that looks like a shuriken. Does that feel okay?

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 5.29.17 PM.png

And btw I have it so every camo token can go from 1-9 so there's already the possibility to get larger tokens in as many increments as you would need. I just didn't put them all on the layout.

#26 Lawson, Oct 8, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  7. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

I'm not necessarily married to the current design of the IMP tokens - just thought something a bit less mundane... but do you guys like the smiley face better?

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 5.30.53 PM.png

8. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

Okay here's an updated list with the work so far and a few new elements.

XXX_ALL_TOKENS (00000).jpg

Updated elements include:

SPEARHEAD: Additional Spearhead token specifically for Peripheral(Control) - figured it could be double-sided with the Spearhead token, but I made it the faded color to make it distinct.
    ACTIVE PROXY: Removed extra Proxy token for non-active.
    NWI & DOGGED: Changed BG to red
    HOLOECHO, ETC: All "Marker States" and figure stand-ins now have number-identifiers so that you can have multiples on the table at the same time and tell which is which (1-9 possible, not all displayed currently)
    MINES: changed artwork, see my reply message above
    REPEATER & DAZER: Darker color green to differentiate them from mines

New/Additional tokens:

ORDERS: created full-bleed order tokens to differentiate them from all other tokens. They felt a little plain as just solid colors so I added halftone lines, which I currently like but may change my mind on. Note that the Lieutenant Order has a 'used' side so you can flip it.
    COMMAND TOKEN: 40mm token and a 'used' backside as well so you can flip it. I will also make this in 25mm.
    OBJECTIVES: deep purple color scheme for these; changed artwork a bit from the N4 versions.
    FIRETEAMS: I don't see any rules in the N4 book specifically for fireteams. Are we still waiting on this or will the bonuses be the same as N3? Would like to see if I can squeeze in some reminder text.

Once I'm happy with everything I will figure out the best way to create a printable sheet for a layperson. I'm fairly adept at graphic design and printing and have the software with which to resize and etc. but I know not everyone will have this ability, so I want to make token sheets that will be easily usable. I'll likely just copy the layout of the official N4 sheet and then add some additional pages with the higher numbered tokens for ease of use

#28 Lawson, Oct 8, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  9. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Yeah thats a great take on it. Also your updated mines are great!

For fireteams they are the same as N3 right now but may change. I'd be inclined to leave off reminder text as its been hinted they will change when they get around to it, and may even have several iterations as they trial things.

10. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

I've gotten into the habit of placing small D6 dice next to my figures with Mimetism -3 and -6 to help me remember who has what MODs when they're not in a camouflage marker state. Was thinking of making double-sided -3/-6 15mm tokens to replace this. I'm unfamiliar with whether or not one should be forthcoming with a figure's mimetism, though. I presume it's not technically hidden information. Thoughts? Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 8.27.34 PM.png

Xeurian likes this.
  11. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Your work looks great! Good choice there :D

12. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Will this be scalable? I have 15mm washer tokens and a slotted control panel... ^_^

Rumdog likes this.
  13. ijw

For Camouflaged State, it has to be shown on the Camouflaged Marker:
    • Camouflaged Markers can possess the Mimetism Skill, so Camouflaged Markers indicate the MOD level that Mimetism applies, if they have it.

14. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

Right, I understand that it must appear on the camouflage marker itself - I'm wondering if it's standard procedure to mark/identify an un-camouflaged figure with their Mimetism rating, or if your opponent is just expected to know that a given unit type has Mimetism. Would it be considered a courtesy to have a 15mm -3 Mimetism token sitting next to a Tiger Soldier, for example?

15. Rumdog

Rumdog Well-Known Member

Outstanding work, keep it up! I already want them in my Command Panel!

16. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

Yeah, it depends on how you'd plan to produce them, but let's say you wanted to take a 1"/25mm tokens down to 15mm upon printing... you could just print at 60% normal scale.

17. ijw

Ah! It will be public information what Skill the unit has in its Unit Profile, but it’s not something that’s ever marked on the table for uncamouflaged Models.

18. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

That was the "plus" of Toadchild site. It let you decide what tokens and which dimension, then it automatically arranges in the sheet.

Rumdog likes this.
  19. Dejmien

Dejmien Member

@Lawson If it will not be sacalabe, could you add one more Imp-2 Token 40mm? It just for HD+ Charondits Cybermask.

Lesh' likes this.
  20. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

These are very very excellent.

I'm late to this party, but my belated suggestion is to make the Unloaded tokens double-sided, with the second side showing Partially Loaded. It would make Panzerfausts a lot easier to track. Wouldn't help much for Disposable (3) weapons, but a lot of weapons are Disposable (2).

bladerunner_35 and zapp like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation