1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proxy for Deadzone zombies...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by Hullstar83, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Hullstar83

Hullstar83 New Member

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but...

I love the Infinity theme and miniatures. The rules, however, are far too complex for my non-gamer wife and casual-gamer friends to access. With young kids and full time work, I don’t have a lot of spare time to fit into local gaming groups.

Work around: I proxy my Infinity miniatures into Deadzone rules. This system is super easy, intuitive and fun. Bonus is it has a solo mode.

Which leads me to my question. The solo mode uses zombies. The figures are ok, but not great, and they don’t really fit the Infinity theme. The stats for the zombies are simple; no ranged attacks, only melee. So I’m wondering, does anyone know of a good proxy for the zombies? I’m thinking any melee alien creatures would suit. I need a few (14) so that seems to rule out Infinity figures because of cost.

I appreciate any suggestions.

2. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

You can get the aliens from aliene vs predator. 100% best option confirmed. I think the maker was called prodos studios

KedzioR_vo likes this.
  3. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

If your looking for alien kind of foe, Combined Army is the obvious choice from the Infinity range but I have no idea if there's enough melee model to match your need.

Just to be sure, when your talking about zombies, I assume your referring to the Plague faction.

4. Varsovian

Varsovian Well-Known Member

Wouldn't Poxwalkers from WH40K work as zombie proxies? They don't look too shabby, they are easy to assemble and they come in cheap sets of 6 minis...

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  5. holycannoli

holycannoli Dancing to Kazak Kalinka

I would actually highly recommend anvil industries zombie miniatures from their regiments range. Not terribly expensive, not mantic cheap, but much higher quality. Modular so you can use spare weapon/heads on them to make them fit in more.

Teleute likes this.
  6. Teleute

Teleute RM100 Pilot

I can second Anvil Industries minis. I've used bits of theirs for conversions and the resin casting is very good.

Alternatively, if you want to stick with the Infinity range, I recommended getting the Antipode Assault Pack and recasting the three antipodes until you have enough. You aren't using these for tournament purposes, so you wouldn't be running a foul of any rules doing so. Recasting is also easier than most folks expect.

#6 Teleute, Oct 3, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  7. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Did you manage to get in on the Defiance Kickstarter?

And which edition of Deadzone do you have? I thought they tried to have a full AI deck in first edition...

8. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

You’re seriously telling someone to recast whole minis in the manufacturer’s official forum?
    GTFO with that shit.

Mahtamori and Vanderbane like this.
  9. Teleute

Teleute RM100 Pilot

I was under the impression that personal and non-commercial recasting of your own miniatures or parts was legal. The basic idea being that when you purchase a mini you're buying a physical object and could do with it as you pleased outside of further commercial activity (that would get the U.S. Commerce Clause and similar laws in other parts of the world involved). After all, I've seen it done commonly for conversions and such, including on this forum.

A quick google search corrected my mistake. Recasting is still considered a violation of intellectual property and the related exclusive right to manufacture even if it's only for personal use, even if it's non-commercial, and even if it's just parts or weapons let alone whole miniatures. I'll refrain from commenting on the ethics of recasting since, oh wow, one way or another that seems to stir up flame wars when mini forums get into it. Regardless of anyone's personal stance, the law is quite clear in the U.S., Canada, and Europe. I will say that my motivation for mentioning recasting in this case was to encourage the OP to at least buy one box of Infinity minis rather than just skip them over entirely for another company's offering. I did not mean to encourage fraud cause, well, I didn't realize recasting was so clearly understood as fraud in all cases.

So, yeah, back to recommending Anvil Industries. Or alternatively, you could pick up the Deadzone Plague Zombie pack and simply use the zombie heads on the cheapest melee Infinity minis you can find. A hodgepodge 'zombie sectorial' would be pretty cool for what you are doing. Heck, zombie troops aren't even unprecedented.

#9 Teleute, Oct 4, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    Dragonstriker likes this.
  10. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Hasslefree Lesser Mawes should be affordable, buy two packs of 8:
    [​IMG]
    Mix of dog and piranha. Converting should be easy, chop head and swap around with some putty to fix the "neck", all different then (4 heads, 4 bodies, 16 combinations). Adding antennas (or abyssal fish "light") or eyes (holes are the nose, I believe) could also give them some extra appeal and options for variations. They would make sturdy gakis/pretas if bigger (S1 only, adults are too wide and still not tall, S3/S4).

Dragonstriker likes this.
  11. Just one question: shouldn't this thread be in the off-topic section?

Mahtamori, Varsovian and Abrilete like this.
  12. McDevil

McDevil Well-Known Member

I will go after Mechanithralls, Bille Thralls if bigger then Brute Thralls and Chickens from Warmachine. Onyx faction. They should be dirt cheap on ebay now.

13. Varsovian

Varsovian Well-Known Member

I stand by Poxwalkers. Zombies, but different! :)

Clipboard01.jpg

BTW. I checked Anvil Industries' website and I'm wondering: how the heck is it even legal? These guys are clearly making minis based on GW's intellectual property...

Probably yes. I guess that it's up for the mods to move it...

Welcome to the forum, BTW. :)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation